RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Ex-W.Va. official who made racist Michelle Obama remark defrauded  - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ex-W.Va. official who made racist Michelle Obama remark defrauded  Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 16 February 2019 - 09:37 PM

Ex-W.Va. official who made racist Michelle Obama remark defrauded $18,000 from FEMA: report

The Hill
By Aris Folley
02/16/19 04:09 PM EST

Excerpt:
A former West Virginia official who lost her job in 2016 after she referred to then-first lady Michelle Obama as an ďapeĒ has captured headlines again after she pleaded guilty to defrauding the Federal Emergency Management Agency out of thousands of dollars intended for flood victims, the Charleston Gazette-Mail reports.

According to the local paper, Pamela Taylor, the former director of the Clay County Development Corp., pleaded guilty earlier this week to taking more than $18,000 in relief benefits from the agency intended to help those whose homes were damaged in the 2016 floods that ravaged regions of the state.

Taylor, 57, wrongfully registered for the benefits and falsely claimed that her home had been damaged by the floods and that she was forced to stay in a rental property, according to the newspaper.
But it was later reportedly discovered that Taylorís primary residence was undamaged by the floods and she was still residing there.

Taylor has since reportedly agreed to pay $18,149.04 in restitution in her plea agreement. The former government employee also reportedly faces up to 30 years in prison, in addition to a maximum fine of $500,000.

<snip>

Link

#2 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:52 PM

If I had any skeletons in my closet that could easily be found out by the general public or law enforcement, the last thing I would do is go making waves or in this case, the news by saying ugly things about people that would obviously draw attention back on me.

#3 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 16 February 2019 - 11:07 PM

The stolen money intended for the needy is a crime I care about. For that she gets my condemnation.

As for name-calling...*yawn*...sorry, I just don't care. I've been called a whole lot worse, and I didn't die. People are WAY too thin-skinned about such things these days. Grow the hell up. Remember way back when parents taught their kids "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me"?

:rolleyes:

#4 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 17 February 2019 - 12:20 AM

Scumbag got caught. Good ending.

#5 User is online   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 17 February 2019 - 05:36 AM

It's surprising how many people lack integrity when no-one's looking. It's great she got caught, now make an example of her...

#6 User is offline   LeansToTheRight 

• Dr. Elson Floyd. RIP
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 17 February 2019 - 11:17 AM

“DITTO” to Monty, zurg and NH Populist.

This post has been edited by LeansToTheRight: 17 February 2019 - 11:18 AM

#7 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 17 February 2019 - 12:16 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 16 February 2019 - 11:07 PM, said:

The stolen money intended for the needy is a crime I care about. For that she gets my condemnation.

As for name-calling...*yawn*...sorry, I just don't care. I've been called a whole lot worse, and I didn't die. People are WAY too thin-skinned about such things these days. Grow the hell up. Remember way back when parents taught their kids "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me"?

:rolleyes:

Many people take offense when their first lady is attacked in such a vicious manner, by a public official.

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 17 February 2019 - 12:20 PM

#8 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 17 February 2019 - 12:30 PM

The woman should be held accountable for her actions with regards to the fraud. However, what she said was not racism. Iím so tired of that term being misused.

#9 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 17 February 2019 - 12:48 PM

View Posterp, on 17 February 2019 - 12:30 PM, said:

The woman should be held accountable for her actions with regards to the fraud. However, what she said was not racism. I’m so tired of that term being misused.

An "ape in heels" is not racist? Whatever you tell yourself..

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 17 February 2019 - 12:52 PM

#10 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 17 February 2019 - 09:02 PM

View PostLadybird, on 17 February 2019 - 12:16 PM, said:

Many people take offense when their first lady is attacked in such a vicious manner, by a public official.

Of course they do. So do I when people say stupid, offensive, insulting things about the current first lady. I find it stupid and offensive and insulting.

And then I get over it and go about my business.

:yawn:

#11 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 17 February 2019 - 09:12 PM

Should we break out the depictions of George W. Bush as a chimp? How were those not racist?

#12 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 17 February 2019 - 09:20 PM

View PostLadybird, on 17 February 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

An "ape in heels" is not racist? Whatever you tell yourself..

Right, point out where she indicated one race is superior to another. An insult is not racist. Educate yourself.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users