RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Do you Care What Black Pastors Say From the Pulpit? - RightNation.US

-----
I don't give a fiddler's fart what they say. But the Department of Justice, the ACLU and Eric Holder care enough that they're going to have a little meeting to explain exactly what black pastors can and cannot get away with during the election:

"We will have representatives from nine denominations who actually pastor somewhere in the neighborhood of about 10 million people, and we're going to first of all equip them with the information they need to know about what they can say and what they cannot say in the church that would violate their 501c3 status with the IRS," Rep. Emanuel Cleaver, D-Mo., told MSNBC today.

"In fact, we're going to have the IRS administrator there, we're going to have the Attorney General Eric Holder there, we're going to have the lawyers' organization from around the country, the ACLU -- all giving ministers guidance about what they can and cannot do," he noted.

Cleaver said they would not tell pastors which candidate to support. They will let them know who to regard as the bad guys, though (hint: not Democrats). "We're going to talk about some of the draconian laws that have cropped up around the country as a result of the 17 percent increase in African American votes," Cleaver said, describing voter ID laws as a form of Jim Crow-style "poll tax" on seniors and black voters.

See, I'd rather black pastors say whatever they want to say from the pulpit. If that's cheating, then I'm all for it. I'd rather they cheat by engaging in their constitutional right to free speech than cheat at the voting booth.

Which is exactly what this is about. What else could they be talking about? If they think showing ID is the equivalent to poll taxes and literacy tests, then they obviously haven't a single honest bone in their bodies.

For decades, conservative Christian pastors have operated under the assumption that they have to tread lightly on the subject of politics. Spies in the pews and threats from "civil liberties" groups are the norm for them. Not once have I ever heard of the DOJ under any president offering to give a primer on what is and what isn't acceptable speech IN A CHURCH! Much less the freaking ACLU. And I imagine if the made such an offer, they'd be met with a resounding negative.

I think this is notebook worthy.

My Mind is Clean

11 Comments On This Entry

"In fact, we're going to have the IRS administrator there, we're going to have the Attorney General Eric Holder there, we're going to have the lawyers' organization from around the country, the ACLU -- all giving ministers guidance about what they can and cannot do," he noted.

Fair is fair... I want the IRS to give me a list of things they WON'T look at during an audit.
Gotta love how leftist politicians, including lily-whites like Gore and Shrillary, can make political speeches in black churches complete with minstrel show dialects.

Adam Smithee, on 29 May 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

Fair is fair... I want the IRS to give me a list of things they WON'T look at during an audit.

But why black pastors?

JimNEPA, on 29 May 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

Gotta love how leftist politicians, including lily-whites like Gore and Shrillary, can make political speeches in black churches complete with minstrel show dialects.

Reminds me of the white cop on Sanford and Son.

Mr. Naron, on 29 May 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

Right up! :thumbsup:

JimNEPA, on 29 May 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

Mr. Naron, on 29 May 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

Right up! :thumbsup:

:lol:

Which one was he? Hoppy or Schmitty?
A minister of any religious group in this country should stick to searching
for lost souls and leave politics out of the holy work God sent him on.
That being said the fact that "the government" is willing to take any part
in what they may say should be a direct violation of the 1st amendment.

67Mustang, on 29 May 2012 - 09:23 PM, said:

A minister of any religious group in this country should stick to searchingfor lost souls and leave politics out of the holy work God sent him on.That being said the fact that "the government" is willing to take any partin what they may say should be a direct violation of the 1st amendment.

I'm glad the preachers of the revolutionary period didn't shy away from political matters.
They can say what they want as long as they don't try to hide it.

Mr. Naron, on 29 May 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

But why black pastors?

It's not a "black" thing per se, but merely part of Obama's "divide and conquer" stragedy. Black pastors today, a women's group tomorrow, Jews the day after, yada yada yada. Oh, wait, the Jewish thing has already happened.

This is also the classic tell of a grifter, and Obama is nothing if not an accomplished grifter.

The FIRST key to a good grift is to KISS it. A grifter works best one-on-one where the con can be tailored on the fly, but within the bounded rationality of the mark's frame of reference. one-on-one in this case meaning not singular individuals but singular cohesive and homogeneous groups. The inherent weakness of most grifts is that they can't stand up to broad scrutiny... but seem perfectly logical within a given focus.

The SECOND key to a good grift is compartmentalization , or siloing. Lies are a grifter's stock-in-trade, so a good grifter KNOWS there's always the possibility of being called out as a liar. No Problem. The grifter is prepared. "I've lied to everyone else so that YOU can have the truth". Yes it sounds trite when said in the daylight, but, OMG, you'd be positively frickin' ASTONISHED at how effective it is one-on-one.

This is not to say that Obama is merely a two-bit grifter. Oh, no. He's raised it to an art form in a way that makes Matt the Knife look like just a street-corner hustler in comparison.
What clinches the grifter aspect of Obama is the way he keeps everything secret, from (real, full) birth certificate to college records etc. When a grifter tells different lies to different groups or on different documents, he needs to keep everything distanced and compartmentalized.

Each document likely contains either one or more lies, or one or more truths that he rather keep hidden. Each individual lie or truth is probably not all that significant on it's own - but when compounded with all the others would be devastating.
Page 1 of 1

6 user(s) viewing

6 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Search My Blog

Recent Entries

New Blogroll! And...World's Shortest Movie Reviews

Blog Roll
Ace of Spades
National Review
Got News
RealClearPolitics
ZeroHedge
The Federalist
African American Conservatives
Instapundit

World's Shortest Movie Reviews
American Sniper: Bradly Cooper=Best Actor
The Arroyo: Had a Pureflix feel to the acting, but well shot. Great conservative movie.
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies: As usual, the third installment is the best--having an ending really helped.
The Maze Runner: The perfect metaphor for moving to Detroit.
Dumb and Dumber To: More jokes. Cruder jokes. Someone gets hooked on crack.
Snowpiercer: Joe Biden's idea of heaven. Everyone on the Earth living on a train. Captain America admits he was going to eat Billy Elliot.
Hunger Games: Catching Fire: This is what the world would look like without college football.
Interstellar 2001:A Space Odyssey with a soul. You will get very thirsty, so hydrate before viewing.
When the Game Stands Tall Proves my theory that it's worse when you win.
Guardians of the Galaxy Make a fun adventure movie about space and make a ton of money. Who knew? I mean, besides that Lucas guy.
Blended I don't get the "Billy Madison is genius, Blended is crap" review. It's as good as any other Sandler movie.
Mom's Night Out Hilarious. You will laugh unless you drive a black BMW and watch sunsets at the golf course.
The Amazing Spiderman 2 This series is still better than the Toby McGuire one. I actually cared if Gwen Stacy died.
Odd Thomas I understand the critics who didn't like the uneven tone. Way uneven. Still worth watching on Netflix.
Star Trek Into DarknessGood movie. Please, for the love of tribbles, let old Spock die.
Grown Ups 2 Critics, attack. Whatever you want to say about this one, I'm okay with it.
Thor: The Dark World Still very, very good. But I'd like an entire Thor movie set just in Asgard.