RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Judge Temporarily Blocks Democratic Subpoenas For Trump Financial - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Judge Temporarily Blocks Democratic Subpoenas For Trump Financial Records After Appeals Court Intervenes Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 20 July 2019 - 03:42 PM

Judge Temporarily Blocks Democratic Subpoenas For Trump Financial Records After Appeals Court Intervenes

Washington Examiner
by Carlin Becker
July 19, 2019 11:07 PM

Excerpt:

A federal judge temporarily halted subpoenas issued by congressional Democrats for President Trump's financial records following intervention from an appeals court in Washington, D.C.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit sent an emoluments lawsuit against the president, which alleges that he is illegally benefiting from his businesses while serving in the Oval Office, back to a lower court on Friday to reexamine whether the separation of powers between the president and Congress had been properly considered.

According to the judges, "the District Court did not adequately address whether — given the separation of powers issues present in a lawsuit brought by members of the legislative branch against the president of the United States — resolving the legal questions and/or postponing discovery would be preferable, or whether discovery is even necessary" to establish whether congressional Democrats can intervene.

The court's decision could serve as a setback for Democratic lawmakers should Trump not be forced to prove he hasn't violated the Constitution's anti-corruption clauses, which limit a federal official's ability to accept gifts from foreign governments without Congress's approval.

*snip*

Full Story

#2 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 20 July 2019 - 04:02 PM

All of this incessant shopping/investigating/digging to find dirt for criminal charges against anyone including Trump are all illegal because there is absolutely NO PROBABLE CAUSE FOR ANY OF IT.

This practice is both ILLEGAL and UNCONSTITUTIONAL. Yet they are being allowed to get away with it and are not being made to stop it? Congress has absolutely NO FRIKKIN' RIGHT to Trump's tax records because they have NO PROBABLE CAUSE OF ANY CRIME BEING COMMITTED AT ALL. PERIOD!

These democraps all belong in prison and worse!

#3 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 20 July 2019 - 05:15 PM

View PostRock N, on 20 July 2019 - 04:02 PM, said:

All of this incessant shopping/investigating/digging to find dirt for criminal charges against anyone including Trump are all illegal because there is absolutely NO PROBABLE CAUSE FOR ANY OF IT.

This practice is both ILLEGAL and UNCONSTITUTIONAL. Yet they are being allowed to get away with it and are not being made to stop it? Congress has absolutely NO FRIKKIN' RIGHT to Trump's tax records because they have NO PROBABLE CAUSE OF ANY CRIME BEING COMMITTED AT ALL. PERIOD!

These democraps all belong in prison and worse!

Yup. As soon as probable cause is removed, the state’s various bad actors can turn people's rights upside down and the US will become a fascist state. Not Trump style (to idiots on the left) but Squad style.

#4 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 20 July 2019 - 11:04 PM

Picture this scenario:

You got hired to do a job, at a VERY good salary ($174,000 a year), but spend ALL your time slandering your boss and trying to get him fired (i.e. impeached), and NEVER doing ANYTHING you're actually being paid to do.

In the private sector, how long would you keep this job?

:tap:

#5 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 20 July 2019 - 11:45 PM

And could those same people demanding his records stand up to any scrutiny of their financial windfalls while in office?

Do I hear crickets chirping?

#6 User is online   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 21 July 2019 - 06:47 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 20 July 2019 - 11:04 PM, said:

Picture this scenario:

You got hired to do a job, at a VERY good salary ($174,000 a year), but spend ALL your time slandering your boss and trying to get him fired (i.e. impeached), and NEVER doing ANYTHING you're actually being paid to do.

Judging by the leftists that post here, that are doing what they elected them to do. Actual governing to benefit all Americans doesn’t matter to them. Only power and agenda.

#7 User is offline   LeansToTheRight 

• Dr. Elson Floyd. RIP
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 21 July 2019 - 09:26 AM

Picture this scenario:

But the President isn’t Congress’ boss. So this isn’t a great analogy. Trade out “slandering your boss” for “slandering the GM of another business unit”, and I think that is a little better.

#8 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 21 July 2019 - 12:53 PM

Picture this scenario:

Oh, don't get me started, I think I used to work for that company. Two of them, in fact. You'd be surprised how long a totally dysfunctional company can last after the original "good idea" has run out and/or the founder has passed it on to the generation who are all clueless as to why the company's even in business.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users