RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: The reason Google is useless for conservative searches - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The reason Google is useless for conservative searches Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   pepperonikkid 

• Trucker
  • Group: Silver

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:09 AM

The reason Google is useless for conservative searches

http://www.americanthinker.com
By Karin McQuillan
August 12, 2017

Article:

How many AT readers have found that they can no longer do a useful Google search on any news topic? The only hits that come up are liberal. Even the Wall Street Journal does not make it, although minor liberal papers like the Christian Science Monitor do. To find interesting commentary and reporting I trust, I have to go to my list of favorite websites and search on their pages.

Following the firing this week of a valued employee for the thoughtcrime of questioning gender quotas, Breitbart is running a series called "Rebels of Google." Whistleblower employees are exposing the purposeful censorship by Google not only of free thought within the company, but on the internet.

Political intimidation within the company is a daily barrage of SJW postings mixed in with company business, so they cannot be deleted or ignored. Those who answer back are threatened, sent to H.R. for indoctrination and thought-policing, fired, and also blacklisted.

Here is what it is like to work at Google:

[P]osts made internally by people who are very clearly proselytizing what amounts to religious dogma (of the social justice variety), and of course no one dares contradict it, because everybody knows it's a quick trip to H.R. if you dare say anything against the antisocial order.

Or sometimes you get punched. I know at least one engineer did get punched in retaliation for something he posted I am sure he will corroborate this to you directly.

Many Google engineers who could not cope with the constant hostility and the reminders that "you are not one of us" have left the company. ...

I remember Kim Burchett (high-ranking manager with a lot of reports) posting about how she's "considering creating a list of people who make diversity difficult". ... commentary she posted on promotion committees, where she literally boos men and white people. ...

I want to stress to you that these G+ posts, while "in principle" avoidable, are along with mailing lists the standard way in which people communicate to each other values, principles, and sometimes work items too. So, in order to perform your duties, you *must* be exposed to at least *some* of it. Which means in practice you cannot avoid people writing odious things about you or your political ideas, and (given the climate) you are not at liberty to reply to these people, because you'd be disciplined or fired. My understanding of California labor laws leads me to believe that has legal significance.

The Breitbart interviewer, Allum Bokhari, asked if the reports were true that Google employees in the advertising department encouraged customers to pull ads from Breitbart and The Rebel Media.

Full Story

#2 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:42 AM

View Postpepperonikkid, on 12 August 2017 - 08:09 AM, said:

How many AT readers have found that they can no longer do a useful Google search on any news topic? The only hits that come up are liberal.

I've noticed the same thing. Sounds like a great opportunity for a start-up to fill the void.

#3 User is offline   Theburninator 

• <no title>
  • Group: Community-Supported

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:58 AM

View PostNatural Selection, on 12 August 2017 - 08:42 AM, said:

I've noticed the same thing. Sounds like a great opportunity for a start-up to fill the void.

It's not perfect, but I switched my default search engine to Bing until I can find something better. Honestly, I don't feel like I'm missing out on search results and I get points to redeem towards gift cards/etc. as a bonus!

#4 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:07 AM

View PostTheburninator, on 12 August 2017 - 08:58 AM, said:

It's not perfect, but I switched my default search engine to Bing until I can find something better. Honestly, I don't feel like I'm missing out on search results and I get points to redeem towards gift cards/etc. as a bonus!

I just found a conservative search engine (link). I'm going to play with it for a while to see if it's any good.

#5 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:55 AM

View PostTheburninator, on 12 August 2017 - 08:58 AM, said:

I use Bing as well.

It's much better than the crooked Google.

Most other search engines are all 3rd party that redirect you right back to Google, so they're no better.

#6 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:33 AM

I use dogpile. Here's the link. I don't think they're conservative, but at least they dress their little mascot dog in patriotic get ups for memorial day and July 4th.

This post has been edited by Wag-a-Muffin (D): 12 August 2017 - 10:34 AM

#7 User is offline   Oathtaker 

• <no title>

Posted 12 August 2017 - 05:01 PM

I switch between Bing and DuckDuckGo, supposedly DuckDuckGo is better for privacy.

I'll give the Conservative one a go too.

#8 User is offline   ASE 

• You do NOT have a right to NOT BE OFFENDED!!
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:33 AM

View PostNatural Selection, on 12 August 2017 - 09:07 AM, said:

I just found a conservative search engine (link). I'm going to play with it for a while to see if it's any good.

I've used Bing for quite a while now too, but mostly because I felt that 'google' was too close to the govt (esp the 'bobo' administration), and the more I know about the govt, the less I trust them.

I don't want a liberal or conservative search engine - I just want a friggin search engine that doesn't fiddle with articles based on whether or not it agrees with the search engine owner's particular leanings.

#9 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth

Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:30 AM

View PostRock N, on 12 August 2017 - 09:55 AM, said:

I use Bing as well.

It's much better than the crooked Google.

Most other search engines are all 3rd party that redirect you right back to Google, so they're no better.

View PostASE, on 13 August 2017 - 03:33 AM, said:

I've used Bing for quite a while now too, but mostly because I felt that 'google' was too close to the govt (esp the 'bobo' administration), and the more I know about the govt, the less I trust them.

I don't want a liberal or conservative search engine - I just want a friggin search engine that doesn't fiddle with articles based on whether or not it agrees with the search engine owner's particular leanings.

After playing with that conservative search engine I've decided that it's too limited and too biased towards the other end of the spectrum. I also miss the image search which I use quite often. I haven't used Bing for years but decided to give it another shot after you guys mentioned it. I was surprised to find that I like it better than Google. It seems politically neutral compared to Google and it's equally capable. I made it my default search engine.

#10 User is offline   Liz 

• ~***~
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:19 PM

Bing is Microsoft and Dogpile is a meta search engine whose results include Google, among others.

Nothing's perfect but I've been using DuckDuckGo for a while now and I like it. Here's a video that might shed some light on the subject:

https://vimeo.com/68099450

#11 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:48 PM

View PostOathtaker, on 12 August 2017 - 05:01 PM, said:

I switch between Bing and DuckDuckGo, supposedly DuckDuckGo is better for privacy.

I'll give the Conservative one a go too.

I've tried DuckDuckGo several times. I really WANT to like it. But WAY too many times it's completely missed something that I KNOW is out there and then Google finds it instantly.

But... 99% of what I search for is apolitical anyway - engineering and automation topics, automobile restoration, computer and tech, etc.

The few things I search for of a political nature? Nah, I'm not going to bother with the (so-called) "conservative" one. I really don't need someone ELSE deciding whether what I'm searching for is or isn't "conservative" enough for me to see. And how do I know that their definition of "conservative" matches mine anyway?

YES, Google is biased but so what? I really don't have to believe everything that shows up on Google.

#12 User is offline   Liz 

• ~***~
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:07 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 13 August 2017 - 02:48 PM, said:

. . .YES, Google is biased but so what? I really don't have to believe everything that shows up on Google.

Don't underestimate their relentless tracking. The video I posted above might give you some idea.

#13 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery

Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:40 PM

View PostLiz, on 13 August 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

Don't underestimate their relentless tracking. The video I posted above might give you some idea.

Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF): 4 Simple Changes to Stop Online Tracking.

I also use EFF's Privacy Badger add-on to Firefox.

If I need to do a "deep dark search" that I REALLY don't want anyone to track, I have a completely anonymous "throwaway" laptop. Purchased secondhand for cash. It runs TAILS.

TAILS 3.1: Privacy for anyone anywhere. Based on linux and uses the TOR network.

This laptop has NEVER been connected to my home or business network, Only via free wi-fi wherever, and never within 5 miles of my house, and never at the same wi-fi spot in any sort of pattern.

Disadvantage? OMG. TOR, even on a reasonably modern device, is slower than molasses in Antarctica. This is not something you'd want to use for "ordinary" browsing.

Disadvantage #2? TOR was created by the US Navy, by MY group actually (Naval Security Group, as it was called then.) though long after MY days with the group as a CTT from '78-'84. They released TOR to the public in '02 or so. I can say, without ANY hesitation whatsoever, that the Naval Security Group would NEVER (At least not back in my day) release anything like this without having a "back door".

I use TOR because I trust the US Navy and especially the Naval Security Group. My circle of trust doesn't go much beyond that; It's ESPECIALLY more tied to Millington TN or Jax FL than to Langley VA (Which is actually a pop-culture misnomer, but one that persists. Those Congressionally Instituted A-holes, by zip code, are in McLean VA.)

But, don't take my word for it. Look it up.

CIA official Address:

14111 Muholland Drive
McLean, Virginia 22101

These imbeciles can't even spell it right on their own facebook page. Mulholland not Muholland, Recently (re)Named after Lt. Gen. John F. Mulholland, Jr. formerly known as "Chain Bridge Road".

Jeez, this current crop of CIA probably couldn't find their own ass with both hands stapled to their butt-cheeks. Bill Colby is probably rolling over in his grave. (And IMNSHO, Colby was the last who actually knew "what was what"; Colby was that last of the original OSS from WWII. I can respect that.)

Colby was succeeded in the Carter era by George H. W. Bush. It was all downhill from there.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users