RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Will.i.am Accuses Australia Flight Attendant of Racism Following Onboa - RightNation.US

Will.i.am Accuses Australia Flight Attendant of Racism Following Onboa Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 17 November 2019 - 07:18 PM

View Postscotsman, on 17 November 2019 - 12:03 PM, said:

There is a definite difference in hip hop and rap, certainly in its early days. Like any 'scene', over time, it becomes blurred.

It all blows chunks.

An assault to the ears.

Love funk, disco, Motown, and have an ample music collection to show it. This crap isn't music

#22 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:22 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 17 November 2019 - 02:27 PM, said:

And before anyone does it, don't EVEN THINK about posting how Rap/Hip-Hop isn't "Music" or my revenge will be posting several of my Aunt's favorite "Bubblegum" songs of the '60s.

View PostHowsithangin, on 17 November 2019 - 07:18 PM, said:

Love funk, disco, Motown, and have an ample music collection to show it. This crap isn't music

Ohh, NOW you've done it. And don't say I didn't warn y'all.

Word to the wise: Don't mess with me, I got plenty more where this came from. :tongue2:

EtA: I've mentioned before that my Aunt was their #1 Fan. Possibly because she was their (1) Fan. LOL.

This post has been edited by Dean Adam Smithee: 17 November 2019 - 08:33 PM

#23 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 17 November 2019 - 10:36 PM

View PostHowsithangin, on 17 November 2019 - 07:18 PM, said:

It all blows chunks.

An assault to the ears.

The early hip-hop and rap (ie the late 70s to late 80s) had some great stuff. Afrika Bambattaa, Young MC, Grandmaster Flash, early Run DMC and Public Enemy, early Ice-T. For me, it lost it in the 90s, with the likes of NWA etc and the drift to gangsta rap. East vs West, Tupac etc. I DO like Eminem though. Clever, witty lyrics rather than bitches and hoes.

I loved De La Soul, who mixed it all up, same for Soul II Soul in the UK. Hip-hop, but they mixed big dollops of dance, pop, soul, a huge dose of funk, 80s electro. Soul II Soul were funk and soul with a British-Caribbean twist. I think most here would like De La Soul and esp Soul II Soul.

Two stone cold classics:

This post has been edited by scotsman: 17 November 2019 - 10:42 PM

#24 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 17 November 2019 - 10:43 PM

#25 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 18 November 2019 - 12:29 AM

James Brown - way before my time, but it is interesting to hear him basically getting up and free-styling with so much energy/

Biz Markie, back in the day, rapping over the same James Brown's song from above. This is some of the fun (especially) with old school rap - discovering the foundational songs that underpin the music. (Or out right stole the samples from the real artists - as some artists didn't appreciate the sampling of their original music.

Personally, I love most rap/hip-hop that was made before the more recent mumble rap / auto-tune rap, etc. East Coast rap, especially the early stuff (70s and early to mid 80s) sounds more 'hokey' to me, depending on the artist of course. A lot of it sounds like white people rapping on tv shows in the 90s ("My name is ___ , and I'm here to say....).

#26 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:31 PM

Qantas plans to sue Will.i.am after he accuses flight attendant of 'racism'

Australian airline Qantas is planning to help their flight attendant sue rapper Will.i.am, formally of Black Eyed Peas fame, if he refuses to retract his claim that she was racist towards him during a flight on Saturday.

On Monday, The Daily Telegraph revealed a memo sent by Qantas to staff: "The tweets claimed poor treatment from crew and discrimination on the basis of race. We replied that there appeared to be a misunderstanding on board that was exacerbated by the fact Will.i.am was wearing noise cancelling headphones," the memo said.

"We rejected claims of racism and have since asked Will.i.am for a retraction of that claim. We fully support our crew and the great work they do ensuring safety of all those on board."

A Qantas spokesman added: "(In absence of) a retraction and if the crew member wanted to take the matter further, wed certainly be willing to provide legal support for them to do this."

#27 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:43 PM

View PostJunto, on 21 November 2019 - 09:31 PM, said:

Australian airline Qantas is planning to help their flight attendant sue rapper Will.i.am, formally of Black Eyed Peas fame, if he refuses to retract his claim that she was racist towards him during a flight on Saturday.

On Monday, The Daily Telegraph revealed a memo sent by Qantas to staff: "The tweets claimed poor treatment from crew and discrimination on the basis of race. We replied that there appeared to be a misunderstanding on board that was exacerbated by the fact Will.i.am was wearing noise cancelling headphones," the memo said.

"We rejected claims of racism and have since asked Will.i.am for a retraction of that claim. We fully support our crew and the great work they do ensuring safety of all those on board."

A Qantas spokesman added: "(In absence of) a retraction and if the crew member wanted to take the matter further, wed certainly be willing to provide legal support for them to do this."

In the immortal words of someone whose name escapes me that the moment,

"Paybacks are a Mo' Fo'."

Full credit to Qantas for having a backbone.

#28 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 21 November 2019 - 11:36 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 21 November 2019 - 09:43 PM, said:

Full credit to Qantas for having a backbone.

:exactly:

#29 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 22 November 2019 - 08:06 AM

View PostJunto, on 21 November 2019 - 09:31 PM, said:

:biglaugh:

Payback, its.a.bitch

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users