RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Walmart to Stop Selling Handgun Ammo, Ask Customers to Stop Open-Carry - RightNation.US

Walmart to Stop Selling Handgun Ammo, Ask Customers to Stop Open-Carry Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 03 September 2019 - 01:28 PM

Walmart to Stop Selling Handgun Ammo, Ask Customers to Stop Open-Carrying in Stores
September 3, 2019 1:35 PM

Walmart announced a number of changes to its firearm-sales policy on Tuesday in response to a mass shooting that killed 20 people at one of its stores in El Paso, Texas last month.

The company will no longer sell handgun ammunition and ammunition for short-barrel rifles, and will ask all customers to refrain from openly carrying firearms while shopping in states that allow open-carry unless law-enforcement officers are present. Walmart will also stop selling handguns in Alaska, the last remaining state where such sales are conducted.

In a memo distributed to employees Tuesday, CEO Doug McMillon said the policy change was prompted by the El Paso massacre as well as a similar recent attacks in Dayton, Ohio and Midland and Odessa, Texas.

“In a complex situation lacking a simple solution, we are trying to take constructive steps to reduce the risk that events like these will happen again,” he said. “The status quo is unacceptable.”

<snip>

Link

#2 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 03 September 2019 - 01:34 PM

After El Paso, this is a great idea!

#3 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 03 September 2019 - 01:47 PM

My first thought was, "Well, who buys ammunition at Wal-Mart anyway?" but then this article on Reuters describes them as "The Largest US Arms retailer".

#4 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 03 September 2019 - 01:50 PM

Why?

Was the El Paso shooter on his way to Wal-Mart to buy ammunition?

#5 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!
  • Group: Gold

Posted 03 September 2019 - 02:25 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 03 September 2019 - 01:50 PM, said:

Why?

Nope...From what I heard he was hungry

#6 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 03 September 2019 - 02:27 PM

I never go to Walmart and won’t go again!

Seriously, I hate these knee jerk jerks. They do everything for optics. They don’t care to help address the problem.

#7 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 03 September 2019 - 02:38 PM

I only buy ammo at Walmart if:

1. It is actually cheaper then a number of other retailers
2. I have about 10 minutes for them to go and 'look for someone' then another 20-30 for them to find the key for the case. And, like I already said it better be a very good price which typically it isn't.

#8 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 03 September 2019 - 02:39 PM

View Postzurg, on 03 September 2019 - 02:27 PM, said:

I never go to Walmart and won’t go again!

Seriously, I hate these knee jerk jerks. They do everything for optics. They don’t care to help address the problem.

If they truly cared about the problem it would hurt an even bigger money maker for them.... Pharmacy.
Coarse that's the dirty little red hearing no one wants to talk about.

#9 User is online   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:13 PM

Well, this finally, once and for all, will end "gun violence". Whatever that is.

I can sleep now.

Like oki said, buying so much as a pocket knife at Wallyworld is a hassle. If I were to ever buy ammunition, which I'm not admitting, I'd get it at Academy Sports, where I can pull it directly off of the shelf and go pay for it at the checkout.

#10 User is online   SARGE 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:13 PM

edit

This post has been edited by SARGE: 03 September 2019 - 03:16 PM

#11 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:37 PM

View PostNoclevermoniker, on 03 September 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

Well, this finally, once and for all, will end "gun violence". Whatever that is.

I can sleep now.

Like oki said, buying so much as a pocket knife at Wallyworld is a hassle. If I were to ever buy ammunition, which I'm not admitting, I'd get it at Academy Sports, where I can pull it directly off of the shelf and go pay for it at the checkout.

In these parts the big two for ammo are Cabella's the Fleet Farm. Cabellas has a huge selection but are typically more expensive than Fleet Farm, FF is as a rule cheaper than Wall Mart anyways.
Dunhams often has decent prices but very limited in selection. But when they have a sale it's usually quite good. What really pi$$es me of about Wall Mart isn't just this but the typical attitude I have received from the Employees who are tasked with opening the case and having the stand there while I make the go through the horrible task of grabbing a couple boxes and then having to use the register, check my ID and ring me up. OH the horror. Guess they never realized that they could be doing something else like cleaning toilets or scrubbing the parking lot.

God help you though if you actually expect anyone to know a damn thing about the products they sell. Coarse Green Bay's Wall Mart West often lives up to it's reputation as being the best freak show in town.

#12 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:41 PM

Why?

:exactly:

Wally world has really not been worth a crap ever since Sam Walton died.

The family has become a bunch of politically correct libtard weenies anyhow.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 03 September 2019 - 03:47 PM

#13 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:42 PM

View Postoki, on 03 September 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

I only buy ammo at Walmart if:

1. It is actually cheaper then a number of other retailers
2. I have about 10 minutes for them to go and 'look for someone' then another 20-30 for them to find the key for the case. And, like I already said it better be a very good price which typically it isn't.

I buy ammo from internet dealers, plus they have what I'm looking for more than any department or sporting goods stores do.

Way cheaper even when paying the shipping costs and there's never a quest to seek out the location of the keymaster.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 03 September 2019 - 03:46 PM

#14 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:44 PM

View Postoki, on 03 September 2019 - 03:37 PM, said:

In these parts the big two for ammo are Cabella's the Fleet Farm. Cabellas has a huge selection but are typically more expensive than Fleet Farm, FF is as a rule cheaper than Wall Mart anyways.
Dunhams often has decent prices but very limited in selection. But when they have a sale it's usually quite good. What really pi$$es me of about Wall Mart isn't just this but the typical attitude I have received from the Employees who are tasked with opening the case and having the stand there while I make the go through the horrible task of grabbing a couple boxes and then having to use the register, check my ID and ring me up. OH the horror. Guess they never realized that they could be doing something else like cleaning toilets or scrubbing the parking lot.

God help you though if you actually expect anyone to know a damn thing about the products they sell. Coarse Green Bay's Wall Mart West often lives up to it's reputation as being the best freak show in town.

We have a "Rural King" store here that sells handguns, rifles, shotguns and ammo at very good prices. Better than anything that Wally world has.

#15 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:47 PM

I've bought from Wal-Mart before when ammo was on sale but their firearms selection is woefully limited. I prefer to buy from my local mom&pop gun shop... or online for bulk ammo purchases. Sports Authority has some pretty good bulk prices as well.

#16 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 03 September 2019 - 10:17 PM

Why?

:yeahthat:

Or did the shooter use any ammo or guns purchased from Wally world?
Or have legal open carriers actually caused any problems or is it the snowflake pussies who melt down at the sight of someone open carrying who are the problem?

This is one more store that I used to shop at for years that now will be on my "to avoid" list.

We have Meijer department stores here that put Wally world to shame anyhow. Waaaay better sporting goods, automotive, electronics and housewares departments which are the only departments that I go to department stores for anyhow.
I also prefer internet shopping these days instead of wasting time and gas shopping at stores that never have what I need in stock or ever have any clothing my size such as Wally world. If one wears anything larger than XL, then forget it because they won't have it.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 03 September 2019 - 10:25 PM

#17 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 03 September 2019 - 11:22 PM

View PostRock N, on 03 September 2019 - 03:44 PM, said:

We have a "Rural King" store here that sells handguns, rifles, shotguns and ammo at very good prices. Better than anything that Wally world has.

The Wallmarts here have one tiny a$$ed display case for pistol and rifle, then a couple dozen boxes of shotgun ammo outside the case.
Fine for common stuff, but if you want anything out of the norm forget it. As I have acquired almost everything I need to reload finding stuff won't be an issue.
Only 'issue' will be knowing what my price point is for various rounds and weather or not it's cheaper to buy basic target ammo vs reloading.
At this time it's definitely cheaper to reload 7.62X54R and a necessity to reload 7.7X58(Jap) as there is no ammo out there other than reloads for sale which is often re sized/re necked 30.06(which is perfectly fine anyhow). As 30.06 brass is very common I might as well just get the dies, and trim cases.

#18 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 04 September 2019 - 08:22 AM

View PostRock N, on 03 September 2019 - 10:17 PM, said:

:yeahthat:

Or did the shooter use any ammo or guns purchased from Wally world?
Or have legal open carriers actually caused any problems or is it the snowflake pussies who melt down at the sight of someone open carrying who are the problem?

This is one more store that I used to shop at for years that now will be on my "to avoid" list.

We have Meijer department stores here that put Wally world to shame anyhow. Waaaay better sporting goods, automotive, electronics and housewares departments which are the only departments that I go to department stores for anyhow.
I also prefer internet shopping these days instead of wasting time and gas shopping at stores that never have what I need in stock or ever have any clothing my size such as Wally world. If one wears anything larger than XL, then forget it because they won't have it.

Yes.
https://www.buzzfeed...-shooting-scare

#19 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 04 September 2019 - 09:04 AM

Friends don't let friends buy guns and ammo from WalWart...

#20 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 04 September 2019 - 09:26 AM

View PostLadybird, on 04 September 2019 - 08:22 AM, said:

I forgot the part about how a handful of instances or bad actors set precedent or define everyone.

By the way, it was a Armed Shopper who confronted the very person in the article you linked to.

On the flip side though...

https://www.wesh.com...ies-say/4439582

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users