RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Carter, Jimmy - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Carter, Jimmy

#1 User is offline   Lisa 

• <<< . >>>
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Site Owner

Posted 20 May 2003 - 08:49 PM

James Earl Carter, Jr
39th President of the United States

http://img223.echo.cx/img223/3129/images185gz.jpg
Carter believes Guantanamo Bay is an excuse for terrorists to lash out at our country...

"I think what's going on in Guantanamo Bay and other places is a disgrace to the U.S.A.," he told a news conference at the Baptist World Alliance's centenary conference in Birmingham, England. "I wouldn't say it's the cause of terrorism, but it has given impetus and excuses to potential terrorists to lash out at our country and justify their despicable acts."

Source:
SFGate.com

Iraq Threat Does Not Justify War:

"Despite marshaling powerful armed forces in the Persian Gulf region and a virtual declaration of war in the State of the Union message, our government has not made a case for a pre-emptive military strike against Iraq."

"Even if his effort is successful [Colin Powell addressing the U.N. Security Council] and lies and trickery by Saddam Hussein are exposed, this will not indicate any real or proximate threat by Iraq to the United States or to our allies."

The solution, Carter added, is "a sustained and enlarged inspection team, deployed as a permanent entity until the United States and other members of the U.N. Security Council determine that its presence is no longer needed."

"The cost of an on-site inspection team would be minuscule compared to war, Saddam would have no choice except to comply, the results would be certain, military and civilian casualties would be avoided."

Carter also complained about the worldwide commitment to fighting terrorism...

"as Iraq has become the pre-eminent obsession of political leaders and the general public."

"In Washington, there is no longer any mention of Osama bin Laden, and the concentration of public statements on his international terrorist network is mostly limited to still-unproven allegations about its connection with Iraq," Carter said.

Source for quotes:
CNN.com

Want some BBQ sauce with that crow Jimmy?

Prior to the January 2005 elections in Iraq, Carter compared Iraq to Vienam and said he didn't believe that the elections would happen in Jan.

"I personally do not believe we will be ready for an election in January," Mr. Carter told Katie Couric Sept. 30 on NBC's "Today" show.

"Whether it's 30 percent turnout or 50 percent turnout, almost entirely Shi'ites and Kurds and just a very few Sunnis, I think, the White House will claim it's a success," Mr. Carter told Matt Lauer on the "Today" show on Jan. 19.

A majority of Iraqis did vote in the election, although Carter was right about a low Sunni turn-out.
Ten days after the elections Carter admitted he was wrong in his other predictions calling it a "very successful effort"

"I hope that we'll have every success in Iraq," Mr. Carter said in a CNN interview. "And that election, I think, was a surprisingly good step forward."

Source:
Washington Times

Shame about the Popes Funeral, huh Jimmy...
Carter went public on Tuesday with his dissatisfaction at not being invited, after the White House announced that the official delegation would be made up of the current and two prior sitting Presidents, and Secretary of State Rice.
Source:
Spectator.org

Of Interest:
What the heck happened to his brother, Billy Carter?
Source:
WEHT.net

Jimmy Carter's Legacy- Iranian President
Source:
Opinion Journal

Political Party:
Democratic

How to find contact information

Posting content to this topic:
1. Read our guidelines for suggesting additions.
2. Check all the messages in this topic for duplication.
3. Understand that this topic is not for conversation, but only for posting of direct information. It's a one-way conversation.
4. Understand that your post may be removed from this topic if we use it. We also reserve the right to edit or remove your post at our discretion.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users