RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: ‘Chill, Chill, Chill, Chill!’: Congressional Hearing Explodes As W - RightNation.US

‘Chill, Chill, Chill, Chill!’: Congressional Hearing Explodes As W Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 19 June 2019 - 11:22 PM

‘Chill, Chill, Chill, Chill!’: Congressional Hearing Explodes As Witness Trashes Slavery Reparations Bill

Tommy Christopher
Mediaite
6/19/19

EXCERPT:

A congressional hearing erupted when Quillette writer Coleman Hughes trashed a bill to study slavery reparations as a “moral and political mistake,” forcing the chair of the hearing to tell the audience to “chill” several times.

The House Judiciary Committee’s Subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights, and Civil Liberties held a hearing Wednesday entitled “H.R. 40 and the Path to Restorative Justice,” at which witnesses testified about reparations for slavery. HR 40 is a bill which proposes a commission to study reparations.

Hughes testified for the minority and delivered a lengthy opening statement against the bill in question. After noting that “nothing I’m about to say is meant to minimize the horror and brutality of slavery and Jim Crow” and that he considers “our failure to pay reparations directly to freed slaves after the civil war to be one of the greatest injustices ever perpetrated by the US government,” he went in on the bill for four solid minutes.

The audience at the hearing booed Hughes after he said, “Black people don’t need another apology. We need safer neighborhoods and better schools. We need a less punitive criminal justice system. We need affordable health care. And none of these things can be achieved through reparations for slavery.”

“Nearly everyone close to me told me not to testify today,” Hughes noted, adding, “They told me that even though I have only ever voted for Democrats, I would be perceived as Republican and therefore hated by half the country. Others told me that by distancing myself from Republicans, I would end up angering the other half of the country. And the sad truth is that they were both right. That’s how suspicious we have become. Of one another. That’s how divided we are. As a nation

He went on to describe reparations as not just divisive, but an “insult” to “many black Americans by putting a price on the suffering of their ancestors, and we would turn the relationship between black Americans and white Americans from a coalition into a transaction.”

(Full Story)

#2 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 19 June 2019 - 11:35 PM

He’s damn right, that’s why democrats started hollering. They shout down and declare illegal opinions they oppose.

(And then they turn around and call Trump a dictator.)

#3 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 19 June 2019 - 11:58 PM

He was "presumptive", how condescending of the cracker. Claiming that the young black man who testified before him was off the mark? Who is biased here? The young man had solid arguments and good points. Regardless of his political positions. I agree with all of the points including paying people that were dealing with Jim Crow a reparation. However, it should not go to just anyone. Oh and those that fought the hardest to keep JC should be the one's paying out the money. Not the American people that fought to get rid of that stain.

#4 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 20 June 2019 - 01:35 AM

View Postzurg, on 19 June 2019 - 11:35 PM, said:

He’s damn right, that’s why democrats started hollering. They shout down and declare illegal opinions they oppose.

(And then they turn around and call Trump a dictator.)

Sadly, that's because way too many belong to the Sammich-and-a-TV Crowd (a term taught to me by several nurses who worked in East Coast cities): freebies is what they live for. They live and die for the handout.

Side note: I will be cold in the ground before I pay reparations.

This post has been edited by Howsithangin: 20 June 2019 - 01:37 AM

#5 User is online   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:42 AM

All bona fide 19th Century American slaves come forward, make your mark and receive your 40 acres and mule.

Wait, what? They're all dead and buried? You don't say.

#6 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 20 June 2019 - 12:30 PM

View PostNoclevermoniker, on 20 June 2019 - 08:42 AM, said:

All bona fide 19th Century American slaves come forward, make your mark and receive your 40 acres and mule.

Wait, what? They're all dead and buried? You don't say.

Yup, and all bona fide 19th century slave owners please also step forward, so that we can make sure only those who owe anybody anything are duly counted.

Wait, what? They're all dead too?

You don't say.

<_<

#7 User is offline   Coach 

• Coach
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 20 June 2019 - 01:44 PM

Some of my ancestors fought for the Union, do I get a bonus ?

#8 User is offline   LeansToTheRight 

• Dr. Elson Floyd. RIP

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:21 PM

The problem is that the freed slaves should’ve been given something at the time of being freed. As imperfect as that would’ve been (how much to pay? How to pay for it? How to track who got paid? Etc), it would have been “something”.

It’s too late now for a “payment”.

Coleman Hughes was on-point with his testimony.

#9 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

• Tiki Barbie

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:37 PM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 19 June 2019 - 11:58 PM, said:

He was "presumptive", how condescending of the cracker. Claiming that the young black man who testified before him was off the mark? Who is biased here? The young man had solid arguments and good points. Regardless of his political positions. I agree with all of the points including paying people that were dealing with Jim Crow a reparation. However, it should not go to just anyone. Oh and those that fought the hardest to keep JC should be the one's paying out the money. Not the American people that fought to get rid of that stain.
Mark Levin has been pounding the drum that, what with the Democrat Party's history with slaves, Jim Crow, the KKK, the Civil Rights Movements, etc, they are the ones who should pay reparations. Cough it up, Dems.

View PostCoach, on 20 June 2019 - 01:44 PM, said:

Same here. Was bearing arms in the bloodiest war our country has fought, to free the black slaves, their white privilege?

#10 User is online   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:41 PM

None of mine were even here in 1865. I claim exemption.

#11 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:03 PM

View PostNoclevermoniker, on 20 June 2019 - 02:41 PM, said:

Yup, same here. All my ancestors were still in Sweden, Scotland and England back in those days. Nobody in my family tree ever owned any slaves, nor even set foot in North America until the 1890's. Why do I "owe" anybody anything?

<_<

#12 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:18 PM

View PostNoclevermoniker, on 20 June 2019 - 02:41 PM, said:

My wife’s family wasn’t here until 1963. I wasn’t here until 1982. Not even the same century. I hereby declare myself immune.

#13 User is online   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter

Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:45 PM

View Postzurg, on 20 June 2019 - 03:18 PM, said:

My wife’s family wasn’t here until 1963. I wasn’t here until 1982. Not even the same century. I hereby declare myself immune.

I declare you absolved....

#14 User is offline   johnnybravo 

• <no title>
  • Group: Silver

Posted 20 June 2019 - 05:31 PM

Whether my ancestors were here before or even owned slaves (I honestly have no idea nor do I care) I will not pay a single penny for “reparations”. I’ll go off the grid before anyone comes looking for money from me. The people that want them are just looking to hit the lottery and those that want to give them are just looking for votes. I will not participate in that.

#15 User is offline   Bad_Apple 

• <no title>

Posted 20 June 2019 - 06:55 PM

Shouldn't the 1st people who sold the slaves to the slave traders be the ones forced to pay. I think they all lived in Africa.

#16 User is offline   Squirrel 

• <no title>

Posted 20 June 2019 - 07:28 PM

Shouldn’t if it’s about race the color of the first man to fight to keep his slave in the us matter? Oops he was black never mind. Shouldn’t it matter there were black slave owners? Oops we can’t talk about that. I guess we need to also figure out which black people are descended from black slave owners. I mean just fair so they can at least not get repetitions if not pay them

#17 User is offline   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:22 PM

What about the Irish laborers who would do work deemed too dangerous for slaves, because slaves were an investment in property and the Irish were, well, expendable.

#18 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 21 June 2019 - 12:40 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 20 June 2019 - 12:30 PM, said:

Yup, and all bona fide 19th century slave owners please also step forward, so that we can make sure only those who owe anybody anything are duly counted.

Wait, what? They're all dead too?

You don't say.

<_<

:exactly:

Nobody alive has ever had anything to do with slavery nor is anyone alive entitled to or owed anything in regards to slavery.

This is nothing but a scam to force white taxpaying people to have to pay gibs-me-dats to the truly lazy and worthless who are demanding this.

Their attempting this has already stirred up lots of racial hatred and animosity everywhere. This is likely the intended purpose?

I am seeing it happening here in my city as well as at my work place.

If they were to ever pull this crap off, you will see lots of riots and fights in the streets everywhere. Guaranteed.

They had better be careful what they wish for. They are trying to open Pandora's box.

#19 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 21 June 2019 - 12:45 AM

View PostHieronymous, on 20 June 2019 - 08:22 PM, said:

What about the Irish laborers who would do work deemed too dangerous for slaves, because slaves were an investment in property and the Irish were, well, expendable.

:exactly:

I am of Irish descent and my family on my father's side were these laborers back in the day. My grandparents had told us the stories about it.

#20 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 21 June 2019 - 12:48 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 20 June 2019 - 03:03 PM, said:

Yup, same here. All my ancestors were still in Sweden, Scotland and England back in those days. Nobody in my family tree ever owned any slaves, nor even set foot in North America until the 1890's. Why do I "owe" anybody anything?

<_<

Your "white privilege"?

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users