RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Officials identify state trooper killed in eastern North Carolina traf - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Officials identify state trooper killed in eastern North Carolina traf Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 18 October 2018 - 01:43 AM

Officials identify state trooper killed in eastern North Carolina traffic stop as 11-year veteran
The Charlotte Observer - Mark Price, Aaron Moody and Joe Marusak - link

A North Carolina State Trooper was shot and killed early Wednesday, south of the Columbus County town of Whiteville, according to 1st Sgt. Michael Baker with the State Highway Patrol.

The Highway Patrol identified the trooper as 11-year veteran Kevin K. Conner in a statement Wednesday morning. The suspect was identified late Wednesday afternoon in a State Highway Patrol news release as 20-year-old Raheem Cole Dashanell Davis of Chadbourn.

"The Highway Patrol family is mourning the loss of a hero and will forever be changed by the tragic events that have occurred," said Col. Glenn McNeill Jr., commander of the State Highway Patrol in the update. "We ask everyone to please keep Trooper Conner's family and all who knew him in your thoughts and prayers."

Gov. Roy Cooper ordered all U.S. and North Carolina flags at state buildings to be lowered to half-staff from sunrise Thursday through sunset on Sunday "in honor of" Conner, according to a governor's office news release.

"The tragic loss of Trooper Kevin Conner ... weighs heavily on our hearts," Cooper said in a statement. "We are forever grateful for his devoted service and selfless commitment to protecting the people of North Carolina. Our prayers are with his family and friends and his colleagues in law enforcement."

Davis was charged with first-degree murder, according to the Highway Patrol news release.
*snip*

The shooting occurred at about 12:15 a.m., when the trooper pulled over the suspect for speeding on US 701 near Sellers Town Road, Baker said in the news release.
*snip*

It makes me wonder what he was speeding away from that he felt the need to shoot this man to death.

I shudder at the world we live in and how politicians are enabling criminals to become more dangerous.

#2 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• I'm dethpicable
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 18 October 2018 - 01:54 AM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 18 October 2018 - 01:43 AM, said:

20-year-old Raheem Cole Dashanell Davis of Chadbourn.

<_<

#3 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 18 October 2018 - 02:16 AM

View PostHowsithangin, on 18 October 2018 - 01:54 AM, said:

<_<

https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2018/10/pjimage-172.jpg?quality=65&strip=all

#4 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 18 October 2018 - 05:15 AM

To some people, lives donít matter.

#5 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 18 October 2018 - 05:51 AM

Just wondering why the title of the article is so different from what I am used to.

Where is the "Police identify BLACK man who killed WHITE state patrol officer?" I thought that race was key to headlines about slayings involving the police.

#6 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 18 October 2018 - 05:54 AM

View PostJerryL, on 18 October 2018 - 05:51 AM, said:

Just wondering why the title of the article is so different from what I am used to.

Where is the "Police identify BLACK man who killed WHITE state patrol officer?" I thought that race was key to headlines about slayings involving the police.

Had the races been reversed ....

#7 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 18 October 2018 - 06:28 AM

I'm sure it was just an oversight. :whistling:

That said, I fear your re-education will be most difficult if democrats ever achieve their goal of fundamentally transforming America.

#8 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 18 October 2018 - 06:48 AM

RIP to the officer.

Why? They didn't write it when barely two weeks ago a white man shot 7 officers in South Carolina, killing one who happened to be black. I haven't found even one story referring to their races, and very few plastering the picture of the perp or the victim.

https://www.charlott...e219477155.html
https://www.foxcarol...9f77717905.html

I had to dig to find these.

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 18 October 2018 - 06:52 AM

#9 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 18 October 2018 - 07:35 AM

View PostLadybird, on 18 October 2018 - 06:48 AM, said:

RIP to the officer.

Why? They didn't write it when barely two weeks ago a white man shot 7 officers in South Carolina, killing one who happened to be black. I haven't found even one story referring to their races, and very few plastering the picture of the perp or the victim.

Ah, the peanut gallery never fails to disappoint.

For a flaming poofter, Obama sure has a lot of sons...

#10 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 18 October 2018 - 08:12 AM

RIP to the officer.

Maybe it is only when the person shot is black and the shooter is a white officer?

I just don't understand the rules of when race becomes important for the headlines.

#11 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 18 October 2018 - 09:04 AM

View PostNoclevermoniker, on 18 October 2018 - 07:35 AM, said:

Ah, the peanut gallery never fails to disappoint.

For a flaming poofter, Obama sure has a lot of sons...

:yeahthat:

#12 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 18 October 2018 - 10:34 AM

RIP to the officer.

How about when the officers involved are black and the victims are both white? IE the driver has his hands IN THE AIR OUT THE WINDOW, the officer opens up on the driver and vehicle anyways and shoots and kills a seven year old child who was a passenger? Talk about hands up don't shoot.
I just don't seem to recall any riots, marches, or community leaders going crazy over it.

Hell, funny thing really.
We all know the names Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, and Tamir Rice.

But how many people can say who Jeremy Mardis was?
Of all the above listed cases this poor child was completely and utterly innocent of any wrong doing what so ever, yet his name isn't even a buzzword.

For those who don't know who this poor child was.
I will warn you, it just doesn't get any worse. And, don't blame me if you want to punch your monitor.
https://www.youtube....h?v=Rjf94dAEkS0

Double standards.

Oki

#13 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 18 October 2018 - 10:36 AM

View PostJerryL, on 18 October 2018 - 08:12 AM, said:

Maybe it is only when the person shot is black and the shooter is a white officer?

I just don't understand the rules of when race becomes important for the headlines.

It becomes important when you are trying to push a narrative, divide peoples along racial lines, and use it to gain power over a populace that's brainwashed just enough to accept this warped narrative as truth.

Oki

#14 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 18 October 2018 - 10:48 AM

View Postoki, on 18 October 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

How about when the officers involved are black and the victims are both white? IE the driver has his hands IN THE AIR OUT THE WINDOW, the officer opens up on the driver and vehicle anyways and shoots and kills a seven year old child who was a passenger? Talk about hands up don't shoot.
I just don't seem to recall any riots, marches, or community leaders going crazy over it.

Hell, funny thing really.
We all know the names Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, and Tamir Rice.

But how many people can say who Jeremy Mardis was?
Of all the above listed cases this poor child was completely and utterly innocent of any wrong doing what so ever, yet his name isn't even a buzzword.

For those who don't know who this poor child was.
I will warn you, it just doesn't get any worse. And, don't blame me if you want to punch your monitor.
https://www.youtube....h?v=Rjf94dAEkS0

Double standards.

Oki

I know who Jeremy Mardis was. Those officers were arrested promptly, put on trial and were convicted. In other words the officers were held accountable for their actions.

That has not always been the case, especially in the black community. As I have stated before, on this aspect I think things have gotten better and it was mostly due to people not shutting up and of course, the cameras everywhere.

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 18 October 2018 - 10:50 AM

#15 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 18 October 2018 - 11:02 AM

View PostLadybird, on 18 October 2018 - 10:48 AM, said:

I know who Jeremy Mardis was. Those officers were arrested promptly, put on trial and were convicted. In other words the officers were held accountable for their actions.

That has not always been the case, especially in the black community. As I have stated before, on this aspect I think things have gotten better and it was mostly due to people not shutting up and of course, the cameras everywhere.

The only reason you know of Jeremy Mardis is because I have brought it up, NUMEROUS TIMES as an perfect example of how the media and so called community leaders treat things when the Cop is Black and the Victim white vs Cap White and Victim Black. Despite the child being %100 innocent, and a father who was in fact trying to surrender he was shot anyways, and the son was killed. No riots, no wall to wall coverage, no community leaders calling for action, none of it what so ever. Sure the Cops where arrested, tried and convicted. But again, Mardis despite being %100 innocent is not a household name is he?

That's the double standard people are talking about and sick of. Ever notice how the media is quick to say cops open fire on unarmed Black man?
Why can't they say unarmed man? Race shouldn't even freaken' matter. What happened in the past cannot be forgotten but it cannot be used as a reason for preferential treatment or treating anything in a different manner. There are numerous cases when the officer is black and the person white and unarmed where it's given no where near the coverage in both the media and by politicians. A wrongful police shooting is a wrongful police shooting. But that to some every time a white cop shoots a black person it's racially charged and must be treated that way.

Oki

#16 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 18 October 2018 - 11:19 AM

View Postoki, on 18 October 2018 - 11:02 AM, said:

The only reason you know of Jeremy Mardis is because I have brought it up, NUMEROUS TIMES as an perfect example of how the media and so called community leaders treat things when the Cop is Black and the Victim white vs Cap White and Victim Black. Despite the child being %100 innocent, and a father who was in fact trying to surrender he was shot anyways, and the son was killed. No riots, no wall to wall coverage, no community leaders calling for action, none of it what so ever. Sure the Cops where arrested, tried and convicted. But again, Mardis despite being %100 innocent is not a household name is he?

That's the double standard people are talking about and sick of. Ever notice how the media is quick to say cops open fire on unarmed Black man?
Why can't they say unarmed man? Race shouldn't even freaken' matter. What happened in the past cannot be forgotten but it cannot be used as a reason for preferential treatment or treating anything in a different manner. There are numerous cases when the officer is black and the person white and unarmed where it's given no where near the coverage in both the media and by politicians. A wrongful police shooting is a wrongful police shooting. But that to some every time a white cop shoots a black person it's racially charged and must be treated that way.

Oki

That is not true. I heard about when it happened and when the officers went on trial. If no one were held accountable or the officers closed ranks like when the Abner Louima was raped in the precinct, You would have heard more. We know about that because people said, ENOUGH.
The lying police officer in Chicago who was just convicted would never have been if blacks just quietly accepted everything the official statements says.

Jeremy Mardis certainly got more justice then Aiyana Jones.

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 18 October 2018 - 11:25 AM

#17 User is offline   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>

Posted 18 October 2018 - 11:26 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 18 October 2018 - 02:16 AM, said:

https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2018/10/pjimage-172.jpg?quality=65&strip=all

Is that a white-negro?

#18 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 18 October 2018 - 12:12 PM

View PostLadybird, on 18 October 2018 - 11:19 AM, said:

That is not true. I heard about when it happened and when the officers went on trial. If no one were held accountable or the officers closed ranks like when the Abner Louima was raped in the precinct, You would have heard more. We know about that because people said, ENOUGH.
The lying police officer in Chicago who was just convicted would never have been if blacks just quietly accepted everything the official statements says.

Jeremy Mardis certainly got more justice then Aiyana Jones.

I remember the name Abner Louima by the way. No ones has ever said some Cops don't close ranks and try to cover it up. Nor has anyone ever said Black Folk should just be quite. It's how it's handled, treated and covered by both the media and even certain segments of our society differently when the Cop is White and the Victim black vs the other way around. Past offenses and injustices are not a valid reason for this difference, it's simply an excuse for people who think it should be handled and treated differently. Like I said before, when was the last time you heard a news report say Black Cop unarmed White? Sure, you'll here cops accused of shooting X. Hell, you never even hear Black Cop in the headline.

You want to talk about promptly arrested? Look up the name Justine Damond. Was Officer Noor Promptly arrested? This happened in July of last year, where was the prompt and speedy trial over this? It was March 20 until he was finally charged, and of coarse was released after posting a 400K bond and May until a hearing was finally held. Guess what? He is still a free man and there hasn't even been a trial. Guess what else there hasn't been?
Riots, community leaders screaming and demanding. A few stories here and there, but by in large it has faded from the headlines outside Minnesota where it happened. Where is her justice? Like I have said huge double standard.

Oki

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users