RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Woman Charged With Assaulting Female Hoops Player Over ‘Culturally App - RightNation.US

Woman Charged With Assaulting Female Hoops Player Over ‘Culturally App Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   SARGE 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:24 PM

Woman Charged With Assaulting Female Hoops Player Over ‘Culturally Appropriated’ Hair

A Hampshire College student is facing charges after allegedly assaulting a visiting team’s basketball player over her “culturally appropriated” hair braids.

The 20-year-old Hispanic student, Carmen Figueroa, claimed on Friday in District Court that she’s not guilty of charges of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and disorderly conduct, the Daily Hampshire Gazette reported.

The charges stem from an incident at Hampshire College’s Robert Crown Center on January 27. Figueroa, who was attending the game, allegedly came up to the Central Maine Community College women’s basketball team and insisted that they remove braids from their hair, saying it’s “cultural appropriation.” The ethnicity/race of the basketball players Figueroa allegedly confronted is unclear.

After the team members dismissed her demands, she allegedly started a fight with one of them. Another Hampshire College student, who also participated in the incident, pulled the hair of one of the players and caused her to fall down, local news reports said.

[snip]

https://heatst.com/c...ed-hair-braids/

More tolerance from the Left. :whistling:

#2 User is offline   ThePatriot 

• Warpaint
  • Group: Gold

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:45 PM

More proof that leftists are morons and want nothing more than to control the thoughts and behaviors of others.

#3 User is online   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:46 PM

Uh, I believe that German girls braid their hair. And so do Scandinavian girls. Since when are braids the property of Latinas?

#4 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:46 PM

View PostSARGE, on 20 March 2017 - 08:24 PM, said:

Woman Charged With Assaulting Female Hoops Player Over ‘Culturally Appropriated’ Hair

A Hampshire College student is facing charges after allegedly assaulting a visiting team’s basketball player over her “culturally appropriated” hair braids.

The 20-year-old Hispanic student, Carmen Figueroa, claimed on Friday in District Court that she’s not guilty of charges of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and disorderly conduct, the Daily Hampshire Gazette reported.

The charges stem from an incident at Hampshire College’s Robert Crown Center on January 27. Figueroa, who was attending the game, allegedly came up to the Central Maine Community College women’s basketball team and insisted that they remove braids from their hair, saying it’s “cultural appropriation.” The ethnicity/race of the basketball players Figueroa allegedly confronted is unclear.

After the team members dismissed her demands, she allegedly started a fight with one of them. Another Hampshire College student, who also participated in the incident, pulled the hair of one of the players and caused her to fall down, local news reports said.

[snip]

https://heatst.com/c...ed-hair-braids/

More tolerance from the Left. :whistling:

There are Hispanic-style hair braids? :huh: :scratch:

This post has been edited by Howsithangin: 20 March 2017 - 08:47 PM

#5 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:22 AM

I witnessed something similar here in Chicago a few years ago. I was waiting in the check-out line at the grocery store behind a white guy with long dreadlocks. A black guy in front of him noticed his dreads and started yelling at him about "not knowing what dreads are all about". Being Chicago, I was starting to get a little worried about the guns coming out so I moved to another line and kept my situational awareness on red alert. They were still arguing when I left.

#6 User is offline   Hercules 

• <no title>

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:01 AM

Hmm, isn't it strange that this happened within 10 mi of me and there has been NO Local Mention?

This post has been edited by Hercules: 21 March 2017 - 05:01 AM

#7 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:49 AM

View PostThePatriot, on 20 March 2017 - 08:45 PM, said:

More proof that leftists are morons and want nothing more than to control the thoughts and behaviors of others.

Morons and thugs. People need to start face-planting these idiots. I have said before, it should HURT to be that stupid. The HURT can also come from the outside.

#8 User is offline   ThePatriot 

• Warpaint

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:22 AM

View PostJerryL, on 21 March 2017 - 05:49 AM, said:

Morons and thugs. People need to start face-planting these idiots. I have said before, it should HURT to be that stupid. The HURT can also come from the outside.

I couldn't agree more. Assaulting another person over how they wear their hair? A moron like that deserves to be KTFO!

#9 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:25 AM

View PostNatural Selection, on 21 March 2017 - 02:22 AM, said:

I witnessed something similar here in Chicago a few years ago. I was waiting in the check-out line at the grocery store behind a white guy with long dreadlocks. A black guy in front of him noticed his dreads and started yelling at him about "not knowing what dreads are all about". Being Chicago, I was starting to get a little worried about the guns coming out so I moved to another line and kept my situational awareness on red alert. They were still arguing when I left.

"Cultural appropriation" or not. There's nothing sadder than a white guy with dreadlocks.

#10 User is online   LongKnife 

• Don't start none, won't be none.
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:41 AM

View Postgravelrash, on 21 March 2017 - 06:25 AM, said:

"Cultural appropriation" or not. There's nothing sadder than a white guy with dreadlocks.

Right up there with white rappers.

#11 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:11 AM

Oh my. This girl would have a full meltdown and need a straight jacket if she ever saw Ten.

#12 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:15 AM

View PostHowsithangin, on 20 March 2017 - 08:46 PM, said:

There are Hispanic-style hair braids? :huh: :scratch:

That was my first thought. I would love to hear her rationale for this. But I don't think will ever get past her hatred of white people.

#13 User is online   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:24 AM

View PostLadybird, on 21 March 2017 - 08:11 AM, said:

Oh my. This girl would have a full meltdown and need a straight jacket if she ever saw Ten.

Very good point. Wonder what she would say if she saw a middle aged white guy making or eating Sushi, much less wearing a ceremonial Kimono(and yes there are men's Kimono's)?

Oki

#14 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:42 AM

View Postoki, on 21 March 2017 - 08:24 AM, said:

Very good point. Wonder what she would say if she saw a middle aged white guy making or eating Sushi, much less wearing a ceremonial Kimono(and yes there are men's Kimono's)?

Oki

Or A Taste of Honey singing their old hit, Sukiyaki.

#15 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:15 AM

View PostLadybird, on 21 March 2017 - 08:11 AM, said:

I was just going to say that white girls shouldn't do cornrows/African braiding. If they have dark hair, their scalp glows like a freaking lighthouse. Bo Derek was much prettier without it.

Now on black women...different story!

#16 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• ... And don't call me "Anthony"
  • Group: Silver

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:18 AM

Beeyotch gonna be real busy with Obama's favorite holiday, "Cinco de Qutatro" coming up. Whole lotta white folk gonna be eating mexican food.

#17 User is online   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:24 AM

View PostLadybird, on 21 March 2017 - 08:42 AM, said:

Or A Taste of Honey singing their old hit, Sukiyaki.

Yup, my father in law has an original Vinyl L.P.
https://www.youtube....h?v=C35DrtPlUbc

How do I best word this? If your only pride or joy in life is your racial or national identity or the thinking that this belongs to that race and there can't be a mixing or moshing are people whose lives are without meaning or purpose and this is all they have to hold onto.
It's always fun to lead this idiots into a conversation get called a racist then whip out a family picture. Of coarse they shut up real quick when they quickly realize my wife is Asian and my kids are technically half. Much less the fact that I carry with me a small Japanese good luck charm in my wallet. Or have a similar charm stuck the windshield of my van.

Oki

#18 User is online   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:29 AM

View PostJerryL, on 21 March 2017 - 09:15 AM, said:

I was just going to say that white girls shouldn't do cornrows/African braiding. If they have dark hair, their scalp glows like a freaking lighthouse. Bo Derek was much prettier without it.

Now on black women...different story!

Kinda' like Asian lady's who dye their hair blonde. Although we may feel it just don't look right, it has nothing to do with a this 'belongs' to that group or is disrespectful crap thinking. It's simply personal opinion and really means nothing. Just like I would never walk up to an Asian lady with dye blond hair and start trouble, nor would I think any less of her as a human being, you would never do the same to white girl with corn rows.
Reminds me, just to mess with racists maybe I should get a Samurai type haircut some day.

Oki

#19 User is offline   Vandervecken 

• <no title>

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:08 AM

View PostNatural Selection, on 21 March 2017 - 02:22 AM, said:

Guess it wasn't White Boy Day.

#20 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:57 AM

View Postoki, on 21 March 2017 - 10:29 AM, said:

Kinda' like Asian lady's who dye their hair blonde. Although we may feel it just don't look right, it has nothing to do with a this 'belongs' to that group or is disrespectful crap thinking. It's simply personal opinion and really means nothing. Just like I would never walk up to an Asian lady with dye blond hair and start trouble, nor would I think any less of her as a human being, you would never do the same to white girl with corn rows.
Reminds me, just to mess with racists maybe I should get a Samurai type haircut some day.

Oki

I have my preferences and what I think looks good and what doesn't. I still wouldn't assault anyone over my opinion of their hairstyle.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users