RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: House Democrats erupt in protests over indirect sanction of Rep. Omar - RightNation.US

House Democrats erupt in protests over indirect sanction of Rep. Omar Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:49 PM

View PostBootsieBets, on 08 March 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

Well, I am not a practicing Catholic anymore, although I am definitely guided by my Christian upbringing and faith. But you are right, the democrats aren’t afraid of us because we don’t threaten them with bodily harm for insulting our sensibilities. And even most Christians are too spineless and forgiving – yes, you can be to forgiving – to stand up for what’s right.

I think it's because many Republicans and Conservatives are Christian, and the Democrats and Leftists refuse to even think about supporting anything the Right believes in.

#22 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:15 PM

View PostBootsieBets, on 08 March 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

Well, I am not a practicing Catholic anymore, although I am definitely guided by my Christian upbringing and faith. But you are right, the democrats aren’t afraid of us because we don’t threaten them with bodily harm for insulting our sensibilities. And even most Christians are too spineless and forgiving – yes, you can be to forgiving – to stand up for what’s right.

The good book tells us to "turn the other cheek"... but doesn't say anything about having to bend over and take it between the cheeks.

#23 User is offline   Squirrel 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 08 March 2019 - 04:16 PM

Sadly people forget the Bible doesn’t just say roll over.

He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

But hey that’s only Jesus and he never turned over a table or anything

#24 User is offline   fayec 

• Group: Registered Guest

Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:06 PM

It wasn't that long ago that Muslim rag-heads drove airplanes into the World Trade Center killing 3,000 souls. And now we have those devils in Congress making laws for us Americans to live by. A nation that would allow that doesn't deserve to survive.

#25 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog

Posted 08 March 2019 - 11:57 PM

View Postzurg, on 08 March 2019 - 10:09 AM, said:

What is a “practicing” Christian?

I would call a church-going Christian an attending or church Christian. There are believers who are practicing who don’t go to church.

I fall into that latter category. I carry God with me wherever I go. I don't need a formal place to speak with Him when I have need of His strength and guidance. Is it nice to go to a place where others raise their voices in praise? Yes, at times it can be a real balm to the soul, but it is not a requirement in my relationship with Him.

#26 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery

Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:58 AM

View Postzurg, on 08 March 2019 - 10:09 AM, said:

What is a “practicing” Christian?

I would call a church-going Christian an attending or church Christian. There are believers who are practicing who don’t go to church.

The good book would at least imply (though not specifically 'command') that some sort of attendance is part of the package.

Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
- Hebrews 10:25 (NIV).

There is also the example of Christ himself:

"He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom."
- Luke 4:16 (NIV)

To which John adds,

4 Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. 5 But if anyone obeys his word, love for God[a] is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: 6 Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.
- 1 John 2:4-6 (NIV)

I would also add to that the concept of No Man is an Island and that "For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.” (Matt. 18:20), "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs" (Colossians 3:16), "What then, brothers? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for building up." (1 Cor 14:26), and "Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." (1 Thessalonians 5:11); It's kinda hard to do that all by oneself.

#27 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 09 March 2019 - 12:01 PM

So why do Jews vote for democrats overwhelmingly?

I don’t get it.

#28 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 09 March 2019 - 12:06 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 09 March 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

The good book would at least imply (though not specifically 'command') that some sort of attendance is part of the package.

Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
- Hebrews 10:25 (NIV).

There is also the example of Christ himself:

"He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom."
- Luke 4:16 (NIV)

To which John adds,

4 Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. 5 But if anyone obeys his word, love for God[a] is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: 6 Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.
- 1 John 2:4-6 (NIV)

I would also add to that the concept of No Man is an Island and that "For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.” (Matt. 18:20), "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs" (Colossians 3:16), "What then, brothers? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for building up." (1 Cor 14:26), and "Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." (1 Thessalonians 5:11); It's kinda hard to do that all by oneself.

I don’t disagree with that, it’s just that in a lot of churches the tone is seriously judgmental and the pecking order is established and prominent.

It’s like Matthew 20:16 is forgotten. “So the last will be first, and the first will be last”.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users