RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Turns out E-Cigarettes Cause a Horrible Incurable Disease - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Turns out E-Cigarettes Cause a Horrible Incurable Disease Called “Popcorn Lung” Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:36 AM

Turns out E-Cigarettes Cause a Horrible Incurable Disease Called “Popcorn Lung”
By Ryan - November 7, 2017
enlightened-planet.com

<More Here>

The latest trend in smoking has been E-cigarettes. They have been promoted as a much safer alternative to smoking regular cigarettes.

But of course, there’s the old saying that starts out, if it’s too good to be true…It turns out the Harvard School of Public Health decided to do a study on E-cigarettes and the results are startling. It looks as if they may not pose the traditional cigarette threat, but they pose a different one altogether.

Diacetyl is a flavoring chemical used in E-cigs which are linked to cases of severe respiratory disease, most notably the incurable condition called “Popcorn Lung.” This condition was first noticed in workers in microwave popcorn processing facilities who inhaled the artificial butter flavoring. The disease is totally debilitating and irreversible. It’s a respiratory disease which causes scarring in tiny air sacs in the lungs. This leads to shortness of breath and excessive coughing.

“The amount of diacetyl in 39 of the e-cigs exceeded the amount that was able to be detected by the laboratory. Diacetyl and other related flavoring chemicals are used in many other flavors beyond butter-flavored popcorn, including fruit flavors, alcohol flavors, and candy flavored e-cigarettes.”

Allan also noted how scary these findings are as the flavor names of these e-cigs include cotton candy, cupcake, and other flavors which would clearly be attractive to young people.

But that’s not all. Due to the fact that e-cigs are so new, it wouldn’t be a stretch to figure that even more risks will pop up in the near future. David Christiani, Elkan Blout Professor of Environmental Genetics, was the co-author of the study and said the following:

“Since most of the health concerns about e-cigarettes have focused on nicotine, there is still much we do not know about e-cigarettes. In addition to containing varying levels of the addictive substance nicotine, they also contain other cancer-causing chemicals, such as formaldehyde, and as our study shows, flavoring chemicals that can cause lung damage.”

(snip)

<More Here>

#2 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Because.....Weinerdogs
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:21 AM

Listed right after the First and Second Laws of Thermodynamics is The Law of Unintended Consequences....

#3 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:04 AM

If it isn't natural, it probably isn't safe at this point. Heck, even natural foods are probably so tainted with chemicals that they aren't as safe as they used to be. Hopefully our immune systems are stronger than the manmade concoction.

#4 User is offline   intotheblackhole 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:19 AM

Long term inhaling of smoke in any form is dangerous and will lead to early death eventually. But folks doing that already know that so there is no sense in trying to educate them.

#5 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:23 AM

View PostDutch13, on 12 February 2018 - 11:04 AM, said:

If it isn't natural, it probably isn't safe at this point. Heck, even natural foods are probably so tainted with chemicals that they aren't as safe as they used to be. Hopefully our immune systems are stronger than the manmade concoction.

Smoking (cigarettes or e-cigs) is a choice. So I have little sympathy for those who choose to do so. And you are sadly correct about even natural foods. Here's a little something to chew on (pun intended)...

In the United States, commercial wheat farmers use glyphosate (Round-Up) as a dessicant. About a week prior to harvest, wheat fields are sprayed with Round-Up. Does anyone really think that the Round-Up stays out of the food chain after that?

#6 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:06 PM

I have found that smoking E-cigarettes is a symptom of another horrible disease: douchebag-itis.

#7 User is offline   Weaseljd 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:07 PM

Follow the funding of this study. Don't be shocked if you discover it was funded by some anti smoking group or the Plaintiff's bar.

#8 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:09 PM

View PostWeaseljd, on 12 February 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

Follow the funding of this study. Don't be shocked if you discover it was funded by some anti smoking group or the Plaintiff's bar.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it was funded by Marlboro.

#9 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:34 PM

Seems to me the solution is to get rid of the flavorant.

#10 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:03 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 12 February 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

Smoking (cigarettes or e-cigs) is a choice. So I have little sympathy for those who choose to do so. And you are sadly correct about even natural foods. Here's a little something to chew on (pun intended

This!

And this information has been known for years. It was discussed, and reported, back when e-cigs started to become so popular.

I know people who smoke this crap knowing that they could get pop-corn lung. I will morn with them if they do, but the choice was theirs.

#11 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:37 PM

View PostSeverian, on 12 February 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

Seems to me the solution is to get rid of the flavorant.

Same thing I was thinking. I know a few people who use those things, but none of them use "flavors" like fruit or alcohol or candy or cupcake or anything else.

B)

#12 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:53 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 12 February 2018 - 01:37 PM, said:

I know a few people who use those things, but none of them use "flavors" like fruit or alcohol or candy or cupcake or anything else.

At least none that would admit to using cupcake...

#13 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:56 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 12 February 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

At least none that would admit to using cupcake...

LOL

#14 User is offline   Vandervecken 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:37 PM

so don't use flavoring if you use these. Problem solved.

#15 User is offline   Liz 

• 1.4% Neanderthal
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:34 PM

I was able to quit a decades-long cigarette habit easily and painlessly with the use of e-cigarettes. I made my own e-juice and I used flavoring. I vaped for about a year and a half and then decided that I just didn't need the crutch anymore so I stopped entirely.

I'd also like to mention that no one "smokes" e-cigarettes; the product is water vapor, not smoke.

#16 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• I'm dethpicable
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:06 PM

Tide pods and popcorn lung. smh

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users