RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: 2019 celebrity death list - RightNation.US

2019 celebrity death list Rate Topic: -----

#441 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 09 October 2019 - 07:21 PM

View Postscotsman, on 08 October 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

Malcolm 'Molly' Duncan, saxophonist and founder member of 70s Scottish funksters The Average White Band.
74, of cancer.

Dang..

I didn't realize until fairly recently that AWB were Scottish.
They could jam..

#442 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:55 PM

View PostLadybird, on 09 October 2019 - 07:21 PM, said:

Dang..

Where did that come from? I thought you were a fellow New Yorker. :lol:

#443 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 17 October 2019 - 03:46 PM

Not a celeb death, but certainly celeb-related, and tragic.

http://uk.movies.yah...-084414497.html

#444 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 17 October 2019 - 07:24 PM

View Postscotsman, on 17 October 2019 - 03:46 PM, said:

Not a celeb death, but certainly celeb-related, and tragic.

http://uk.movies.yah...-084414497.html

Won't allow me access. Who is it?

#445 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:31 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 17 October 2019 - 07:24 PM, said:

Won't allow me access. Who is it?

From the link:

The woman killed at “Tarzan” star Ron Ely's home has been identified as his wife of 35 years, Valerie Lundeen, authorities said.

The Elys' son Cameron has been named as the murder suspect. Cameron was fatally shot by responding officers Tuesday evening. The homicide occurred in Hope Ranch, a suburb outside Santa Barbara.

#446 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 18 October 2019 - 05:27 AM

View Postgrimreefer, on 18 October 2019 - 01:31 AM, said:

From the link:

The woman killed at “Tarzan” star Ron Ely's home has been identified as his wife of 35 years, Valerie Lundeen, authorities said.

The Elys' son Cameron has been named as the murder suspect. Cameron was fatally shot by responding officers Tuesday evening. The homicide occurred in Hope Ranch, a suburb outside Santa Barbara.

Thanks. Yeah, I saw this story on TV.

RIP Valerie. And condolences, Ron.

:(

#447 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 18 October 2019 - 09:07 AM

That has to be a truly heartbreaking experience, for your son to kill your wife, his mother, and then be killed by the police. In one fell swoop you lose both of them.

#448 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 18 October 2019 - 09:21 AM

View PostSeverian, on 18 October 2019 - 09:07 AM, said:

That has to be a truly heartbreaking experience, for your son to kill your wife, his mother, and then be killed by the police. In one fell swoop you lose both of them.

Depends on the family dynamic, I guess. Not all families are "Leave it to Beaver", just ask Todd Palin.

EtA: According to this story, the son stabbed the mother to death, then called 9-1-1 and tried to pin in on the father.

If I was the father, I'm thinking I wouldn't be mourning the loss of a son like that. My Condolences to Ron Ely on the loss of his wife, though. He lost not just his wife but also, given his poor health, the caregiver who had not only stuck by him all these years but was likely taking care of him now.

This post has been edited by Dean Adam Smithee: 18 October 2019 - 09:38 AM

#449 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 20 October 2019 - 05:42 PM

View PostLiz, on 09 October 2019 - 10:55 PM, said:

Where did that come from? I thought you were a fellow New Yorker. :lol:

My mother side of the family is from South Carolina.

‘Maude’ Star Bill Macy Dies at 97
Link

Bill Macy, who played Bea Arthur’s husband Walter Findlay on the “All in the Family” spinoff, “Maude,” died on Thursday. He was 97.

“My buddy Bill Macy passed away at 7:13pm tonight. He was a spitfire right up to the end,” producer and manager Matt Beckoff wrote on Facebook. “My condolences to his beautiful wife Samantha Harper Macy.”

<snip>

Funny guy. Seems like I've seen him in everything.

#450 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 21 October 2019 - 12:17 PM

View PostLadybird, on 20 October 2019 - 05:42 PM, said:

My mother side of the family is from South Carolina.

‘Maude’ Star Bill Macy Dies at 97
Link

Bill Macy, who played Bea Arthur’s husband Walter Findlay on the “All in the Family” spinoff, “Maude,” died on Thursday. He was 97.

“My buddy Bill Macy passed away at 7:13pm tonight. He was a spitfire right up to the end,” producer and manager Matt Beckoff wrote on Facebook. “My condolences to his beautiful wife Samantha Harper Macy.”

<snip>

Funny guy. Seems like I've seen him in everything.

And if you've seen him in Oh! Calcutta!, you've seen everything.

He was most well known for Maude (1972-78) where he play "Walter Findlay", Maude's Husband and an appliance store owner. Maude was a spinoff of All In The Family, with Bea Arthur (RIP 2009) having an occasional bit part as Edith Bunker's cousin Maude. Bill Macy was also on All In The Family, also as "Walter Findlay", but as a policeman rather than appliance store owner and I don't remember him being connected to Maude in AITF. I don't remember that Maude's last name was even mentioned in AITF.

#451 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 21 October 2019 - 09:42 PM

Nick Tosches, Music Critic, age 69. Probably best known for his biography of Jerry Lee Lewis in the early '80s, but I first heard of him as a columnist and/or reviewer for either "Audio" or "High Fidelity" magazines in the late '70s.

His 'style' was, um, "interesting". What used to be called called "Gonzo" journalism: Not even a pretense of being impartial or merely a 'disinterested onlooker'. At times infuriating, but most times a breath of fresh air compared to other Music critics of the era who probably had second jobs as golf announcers.

I mean, if you don't like a particular artist or album, it's OKAY to say you simply don't "like" it, without having to bury it in 12 layers of BS that only a PhD from Julliard would understand, whilst all the while trying to maintain an air of impartiality.

Even well beyond music, I think a lot of today's journalist on whatever topic could learn a lot from Nick Tosches.

RIP Nick Tosches. May his next review be from The Great Gig In The Sky.

#452 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>

Posted 22 October 2019 - 12:51 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 21 October 2019 - 12:17 PM, said:

He was most well known for Maude (1972-78) where he play "Walter Findlay", Maude's Husband and an appliance store owner. Maude was a spinoff of All In The Family, with Bea Arthur (RIP 2009) having an occasional bit part as Edith Bunker's cousin Maude. Bill Macy was also on All In The Family, also as "Walter Findlay", but as a policeman rather than appliance store owner and I don't remember him being connected to Maude in AITF. I don't remember that Maude's last name was even mentioned in AITF.

An unkind British theatre critic famously remarked that the biggest problem with Oh Calcutta wasn't the actual nudity, but that 'not everything on stage stops when the music does.........'
:D

#453 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>

Posted 22 October 2019 - 12:53 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 21 October 2019 - 09:42 PM, said:

Nick Tosches, Music Critic, age 69. Probably best known for his biography of Jerry Lee Lewis in the early '80s, but I first heard of him as a columnist and/or reviewer for either "Audio" or "High Fidelity" magazines in the late '70s.

His 'style' was, um, "interesting". What used to be called called "Gonzo" journalism: Not even a pretense of being impartial or merely a 'disinterested onlooker'. At times infuriating, but most times a breath of fresh air compared to other Music critics of the era who probably had second jobs as golf announcers.

I mean, if you don't like a particular artist or album, it's OKAY to say you simply don't "like" it, without having to bury it in 12 layers of BS that only a PhD from Julliard would understand, whilst all the while trying to maintain an air of impartiality.

Even well beyond music, I think a lot of today's journalist on whatever topic could learn a lot from Nick Tosches.

RIP Nick Tosches. May his next review be from The Great Gig In The Sky.

Read one book of his on the roots of rock and roll, found his tough guy, Hunter S Thompson-esque style quickly irritating.
I don't rate Lester Bangs or Christgau either. To be honest, most of the 'legendary' US music critics haven't dated well.

#454 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>

Posted 22 October 2019 - 12:56 PM

The UK never got Maude. Bea Arthur is only famous for the Golden Girls, which was a big hit here in the 80s.

AITF , of course, is the American version of legendary UK sitcom Till Death Us Do Part (1965-75). Norman Lear, for all the hype then and now about how controversial AITF was. actually admitted he toned down the UK original.

#455 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 23 October 2019 - 04:21 AM

I don't think we actually met Walter until AITF had a cross spinoff show to launch Maude, which was about the daughter getting married. Archie and Edith went to the engagement parties or something.
The maid from Maude was spun off into her own show called Good Times.

Macy was also in a satire called 'Serial', about liberals in a wealthy California suburb. Funny movie. It also starred Martin Mull and I think Sally Kellerman or Tuesday Weld. Maybe both. I haven't seen it in ages.

And he was the co-inventor of the Opti-Grab.

#456 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 30 October 2019 - 08:45 AM

John Witherspoon, 77..
He was a character actor and comedian whose more prominent roles were mostly in predominantly black movies and TV shows. He was the voice of ‘Grandad’ on The Boondocks, a cartoon on the Adult Swim/Cartoon network. He’s had me in stitches many times.

RIP
https://www.cnn.com/...dies/index.html

#457 User is offline   Kilmerfan 

• Ah hell I still like Mel.
  • Group: Silver

Posted 13 November 2019 - 01:17 AM

Virginia Leith, Star of 'The Brain That Wouldn't Die,' Dies at 94

#458 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 13 November 2019 - 01:53 AM

View PostKilmerfan, on 13 November 2019 - 01:17 AM, said:

Virginia Leith, Star of 'The Brain That Wouldn't Die,' Dies at 94

"Jan in the pan". It was a great entry in the MST3k annals.

RIP Ms Leith.

#459 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 13 November 2019 - 02:36 AM

View PostLadybird, on 30 October 2019 - 08:45 AM, said:

John Witherspoon, 77..
He was a character actor and comedian whose more prominent roles were mostly in predominantly black movies and TV shows. He was the voice of ‘Grandad’ on The Boondocks, a cartoon on the Adult Swim/Cartoon network. He’s had me in stitches many times.

RIP
https://www.cnn.com/...dies/index.html

He's a brilliant comedic actor IMHO. Always made me smile at the very least. RIP Mr. Witherspoon.

Share this topic:

• 23 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users