RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Smollett “Feels Betrayed” After $100K Bail Hearing; Says He’s Inn - RightNation.US

Smollett “Feels Betrayed” After $100K Bail Hearing; Says He’s Inn Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:37 AM

Jussie Smollett "Feels Betrayed" After $100K Bail Hearing; Says He's Innocent
by Dominic Patten
February 21, 2019 5:48pm
Deadline.com

<More Laughs Here>

Out on $100,000 bail and back on the Empire set for a stint, Jussie Smollett on Thursday insisted he is innocent of conniving a racist and homophobic assault upon himself.

"Mr. Smollet is a young man of impeccable character and integrity who fiercely and solemnly maintains his innocence and feels betrayed by a system that apparently wants to skip due process and proceed directly to sentencing," read a statement sent out late Thursday on behalf of the Empire actor.

"Today we witnessed an organized law enforcement spectacle that has no place in the American legal system," the hyperbolic statement added. "The presumption of innocence, a bedrock in the search for justice, was trampled upon at the expense of Mr. Smollett and notably, on the eve of a Mayoral election," it also noted, tossing more political edge into an already sharply political affair.

Facing a potential three years behind bars for the events of the early morning of January 29, this is the first statement from Smollett and his camp since the performer's arrest earlier Thursday. Citing the charges of disorderly conduct and filing a false police report, Chicago PD Superintendent Eddie Johnson today called what Smollett is alleged to have done a "shameful" attempt to take "advantage of the pain and anger of racism to promote his career."

Not long after that, Empire's network and production company released its most tepid statement of support yet in the Smollett matter. "We are evaluating the situation and we are considering our options," 20th Century Fox TV and Fox Entertainment said Thursday morning of the actor, who recently was called "core" to the drama toplined by Taraji P. Henson and Terrence Howard.

In damning and detailed court hearing Thursday, Smollett was wearing the same clothes he was arrested in earlier in the day and spent several hours in an isolated jail cell. Seen as a possible flight risk, the actor was asked to surrender his passport during the hearing, which lasted just less than 15 minutes. He also was told to hand over $10,000 as 10% of his total bail.

As defense lawyer John Prior claimed Smollett need to get back to work on Empire, Judge John Lyke derided the allegedly faked attack as "utterly outrageous" and "despicable" if the actor is found guilty.

(snip)

<More Laughs Here>

#2 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 22 February 2019 - 09:31 AM

I’m no legal eagle and such, but if the police, along with the DA, charge you with a crime, they pretty much think you did the crime. That whole presumption of innocence thing belongs in the court room.

However, what the Chief did do was potentially taint the jury pool. But this is Chicago. Most probably still support ole Jussie.

Also, it looks like ole Jussie is going to maintain his lie. Which means he will be tried in court. That’s going to be fun.

#3 User is offline   Kilmerfan 

• Ah hell I still like Mel.

Posted 22 February 2019 - 09:42 AM

:biglaugh:

#4 User is offline   MikeTexas 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 22 February 2019 - 09:58 AM

View Posterp, on 22 February 2019 - 09:31 AM, said:

I’m no legal eagle and such, but if the police, along with the DA, charge you with a crime, they pretty much think you did the crime. That whole presumption of innocence thing belongs in the court room.

However, what the Chief did do was potentially taint the jury pool. But this is Chicago. Most probably still support ole Jussie.

Also, it looks like ole Jussie is going to maintain his lie. Which means he will be tried in court. That’s going to be fun.

Plus by Hollywood standards of honesty he will be innocent even if there was videos of him committing whatever offense there might be.

Libs just don't care about truth, like lawyers they care about what they can do with the truth.

#5 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 22 February 2019 - 10:17 AM

The fact that he still maintains his "innocence" (:rolleyes:) proves he's not just a liar, he's a pathological liar. He knows perfectly well that everybody else knows he's guilty. He knows perfectly well he's not fooling anybody. His friends know he's guilty, his family knows he's guilty, his lawyers know he's guilty, even the media knows he's guilty...and what's more he knows everybody knows he's guilty. But he still insists he's innocent.

Pathological.

He's like the little kid on the "Funny Videos" shows with chocolate all over his hands, all over his face, all over his shirt, all over the table, and a half-eaten chocolate bar right next to his hand, who insists "No! I didn't eat any chocolate!"

:rolleyes:

#6 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 22 February 2019 - 10:29 AM

Only moments ago the producers of "Empire" announced his character will be written off the show.

Aw, so sad...................................NOT!

LOLOLOLOL

#7 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 22 February 2019 - 10:33 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 22 February 2019 - 10:29 AM, said:

Only moments ago the producers of "Empire" announced his character will be written off the show.

Aw, so sad...................................NOT!

LOLOLOLOL

Guess nobody was buying his innocence plea on set this week.

Can't remember who has already said this, it might have been you, Monty, but they need to put this guy on suicide watch.

Since he has decided to maintain his lie, things are going to get very difficult for him now.

#8 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 22 February 2019 - 10:48 AM

This is what progtards do.

They lie and lie and lie.

And when they're caught, they just dig in harder and lie and lie and lie again and again and delude themselves into it becoming their reality.

#9 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 22 February 2019 - 10:50 AM

View Posterp, on 22 February 2019 - 10:33 AM, said:

Guess nobody was buying his innocence plea on set this week.

Can't remember who has already said this, it might have been you, Monty, but they need to put this guy on suicide watch.

Since he has decided to maintain his lie, things are going to get very difficult for him now.

Nope, wasn't me. I wouldn't waste a good suicide watch on that worthless POS. If he wants to do it, I say let him. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

<_<

#10 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 22 February 2019 - 11:21 AM

By the way I misspoke earlier: I don't know that he's being written off the show completely. I looked closer and what the producers specifically stated was that he'll be written out of the final two episodes this season. They didn't make it clear whether or not he'll be back next season.

B)

#11 User is offline   BootsieBets 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 22 February 2019 - 11:56 AM

Isn’t it interesting that last week all the usual MSM suspects were clutching their pearls and whimpering about how racist Trump’s America was. It was just despicable that a young, gay, black man could be attacked in Chicago in 2019. Why, it was a modern-day lynching. No wait and see what the facts are, no alleged crime. No sir, this was a crime perpetrated by two MAGA hat wearing, white scumbag racists, I tell you.

Now, when the CPD comes out and says that Smollett is the suspect not the victim, they are falling all over themselves saying we have to wait for the investigation, we can’t rush to judgement. Bunch of hypocrites.

#12 User is offline   Censport 

• Twitter: @CensportRacing
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:06 PM

The only lack of due process in this event (or this country, for that matter) is for MAGA hat wearing Trump supporters.

#13 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:09 PM

Saw it posted on Drudge. Looks like he is going for the “I have a drug problem” excuse.

#14 User is offline   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:10 PM

Ride that flaming crate right down to the ground, Huckleberry.

#15 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:14 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 22 February 2019 - 10:50 AM, said:

Nope, wasn't me. I wouldn't waste a good suicide watch on that worthless POS. If he wants to do it, I say let him. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

<_<

:exactly:

#16 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:20 PM

View PostBootsieBets, on 22 February 2019 - 11:56 AM, said:

Isn’t it interesting that last week all the usual MSM suspects were clutching their pearls and whimpering about how racist Trump’s America was. It was just despicable that a young, gay, black man could be attacked in Chicago in 2019. Why, it was a modern-day lynching. No wait and see what the facts are, no alleged crime. No sir, this was a crime perpetrated by two MAGA hat wearing, white scumbag racists, I tell you.

Now, when the CPD comes out and says that Smollett is the suspect not the victim, they are falling all over themselves saying we have to wait for the investigation, we can’t rush to judgement. Bunch of hypocrites.

Yup, without hypocrisy they just couldn't be Democrats. It's all about the agenda. The agenda first and foremost. The agenda is God. All hail the almighty agenda!

The agenda, of course, is that Trump = Bad, and therefore all Trump supporters are bad too. So as long as the narrative fits that agenda (white right-wingers in MAGA hats yelling racist and homophobic slurs and "this is MAGA country" etc etc etc), no actual evidence is necessary. Just jump in feet-first and believe every word is gospel; irrefutable!

As soon as the narrative falls apart, all of a sudden now we need to slow down, look at the facts, don't rush to judgement...Democrats.Are.Slime.

<_<

#17 User is offline   BootsieBets 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:38 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 22 February 2019 - 12:20 PM, said:

Yup, without hypocrisy they just couldn't be Democrats. It's all about the agenda. The agenda first and foremost. The agenda is God. All hail the almighty agenda!

The agenda, of course, is that Trump = Bad, and therefore all Trump supporters are bad too. So as long as the narrative fits that agenda (white right-wingers in MAGA hats yelling racist and homophobic slurs and "this is MAGA country" etc etc etc), no actual evidence is necessary. Just jump in feet-first and believe every word is gospel; irrefutable!

As soon as the narrative falls apart, all of a sudden now we need to slow down, look at the facts, don't rush to judgement...Democrats.Are.Slime.

<_<

Yes, yes they are.

By the way, off topic, but I was very sad to hear of the passing of Pat Caddell. One of the last of the honorable Democrats left in this country.

#18 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 22 February 2019 - 01:08 PM

He’s so dumb he deserves a new name: Jussie_Smollett.

#19 User is offline   First Sarge 

• <no title>

Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:31 PM

Jussie can sleep easy tonight as CPD found his attacker.

#20 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:02 PM

View Posterp, on 22 February 2019 - 09:31 AM, said:

ESPECIALLY in a case like this which has serious racist, homophobic overtones AND a simpering celebrity leftard 'victim'.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users