RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Master Police Officer Michael Garbarino - RightNation.US

-----
Prayers to the second police officer that lost his life serving and protecting in Fairfax County and his family. God rest, God bless, and thank you for your service.

Second Fairfax Officer Dies
By Debbi Wilgoren
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, May 17, 2006; 8:57 AM

<excerpt>

The Fairfax police officer who was shot five times in the rampage at the Sully District Station nine days ago has died of his wounds, a spokeswoman at Fairfax Inova Hospital confirmed this morning.

Master Police Officer Michael E. Garbarino, 53, was pronounced dead this morning at 2:45 a.m., hospital spokeswoman Karen Ferguson said.

Police Chief David M. Rohrer said the 23-year-veteran was surrounded by family, fellow officers and friends when he succumbed to his injuries.

He was the second person killed by 18-year-old Michael W. Kennedy, the Centreville teenager who stormed the Chantilly station, dressed in full camouflage, and opened fire with several high-powered weapons.

Link

5 Comments On This Entry

In the simple performance of duty,
he pinned on a badge,
checked his gear with a practiced eye,
and kissed his loved ones good-bye.
he reported for work,
joked with his buddies at roll call,
and made his last trip down the squad room hall.
he answered the call
to help the helpless, to find the lost,
no matter the danger or how great the cost.
he lay down his life,
for those in peril he tried to save,
our brave friend went to his grave.
we honor his deed,
as we carry him to rest in a flag-draped casket,
long after the world has forgotten, we shall never forget.
Never judge or regret, what he did, In the simple performance of duty.

---

The policeman stood and faced his God,
Which must always come to pass.
He hoped his shoes were shining.
Just as brightly as his brass.
"Step forward now, policeman.
How shall I deal with you?
Have you always turned the other cheek?
To My church have you been true?"
The policeman squared his shoulders and said,
"No, Lord, I guess I ain't,
Because those of us who carry badges
can't always be a saint.
I've had to work most Sundays,
and at times my talk was rough,
and sometimes I've been violent,
Because the streets are awfully tough.
But I never took a penny,
That wasn't mine to keep....
Though I worked a lot of overtime
When the bills got just too steep.
And I never passed a cry for help,
Though at times I shook with fear.
And sometimes, God forgive me,
I've wept unmanly tears.
I know I don't deserve a place
Among the people here.
They never wanted me around
Except to calm their fear.
If you've a place for me here, Lord,
It needn't be so grand.
I never expected or had too much,
But if you don't.....I'll understand.
There was silence all around the throne
Where the saints had often trod.
As the policeman waited quietly,
For the judgment of his God.
"Step forward now, policeman,
You've borne your burdens well.
Come walk a beat on Heaven's streets,
You've done your time in hell."
Beautiful, Tali. Just beautiful. Thank you for posting those.
Thanks for keeping us updated on Officer Garbarino Annie. He is at peace now. God bless him and his family.

I love that second poem Talie, 'The Final Inspection'. It hung inside my locker for several years.
He is being honored and buried today.

Link

I drove down where the procession is taking place and there were bystander, ambulances, firetrucks, police vehicles all up and down the street on the way to the cemetary. Including on the overpasses to where he will be traveling. It was the same with Detective Vicky Armel funeral. Truly humbling and inspiring to see so many people lining the way to pay respect for the two fallen. God bless them.
My wife's partner at work's husband was a motorcycle cop in Georgia a few years ago. On his way to work he got hit on his bike by a semi and was killed.

Although I didn't know him or his wife (who would one day be my wife's business partner), I remember his funeral. It was held here in Ohio. There were a lot of people there, perhaps a thousand. The entire motorcycle bureau from his department in GA rode up and all rode in his procession. It was an awsome sight to behold.
Page 1 of 1

Be Yourself. Everyone is already taken.

http://img.photobuck.../Dsc00535-1.jpgI know when the Spirit of God is there, animals are the first ones to mellow out."If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers, 1897-1935"The poor dog, in life the firmest friend,The first to welcome, foremost to defend,Whose honest heart is still the master's own,Who labours, fights, lives, breathes for him alone,Unhonour'd falls, unnoticed all his worth,Denied in heaven the soul he held on earth,While man, vain insect hopes to be forgiven,And claims himself a sole exclusive heaven."Lord Byron Inscription on the monument of his Newfoundland dog, 1808" He is your friend, your partner,your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He willbe yours, faithful and true, to the last beatof his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy ofsuch devotion." Unknown

The Nauseatingly Cute Section

Links

Help Support Rightnation.US!Click HERE!Visit our store!Click HERE to shop!

0 user(s) viewing

0 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays