RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Reality Shows and You - RightNation.US

-----

Reality Shows and You

I was watching The Bachelor last night and couldn't help but think two things:

1. How desperate were these seemingly educated women to compete for one man and...

2. How bored was I??

What is it about reality shows that suck us in? I would loose it on The Bachelor. Not out of insane jealousy, but going into something like that with a total stranger wanting to get married and the humiliation of competing with other women for one man. It was just humilitating and embarrassing watching it. For those women participating, not me watching it.

I'm hooked on Dancing With the Stars. That looks like so much fun. And I'm hooked, or was hooked, on Rock Star Supernova. I know when American Idol starts, I'll be watching it. Big Brother and Survivor--meh. I think Survivor jumped the shark with the race issue. And I couldn't stand the claustrophobia of Big Brother. And America's Top Model---saw one episode where they had to pose with a tarantula and that was it for me. The Amazing Race would be fun but I hate to fly now. Survivor--the bugs would do me in in a matter of seconds. I'd be gone. That and no brushing my teeth or showering.

What reality show would you all pick to be on and why?

I'd pick probably Rock Star Supernova. AI has all those cheesey sound and skits I would feel stupid doing. I couldn't lower myself to looking happy and cheesey. :clap: Rock Star had the music I loved and could get into. Plus, I love singing. I'd do a Janis Joplin up there! :clap:

So, what would you all love to do? :unsure:

12 Comments On This Entry

Don't know why, but I'm addicted to all the reality shows. Survivor, The Batchelor, The Apprentice, American Idol, The Biggest Loser (and the game shows too!). If I could be on one, I guess I'd choose Deal or No Deal b/c I'd love the chance to win some money w/out having to do something totally stupid or The Biggest Loser. I'd love to have the chance to work out all day, and have someone monitor my diet to help me get off the weight I gained with my twins.

soccermom, on Oct 10 2006, 10:22 PM, said:

Don't know why, but I'm addicted to all the reality shows. Survivor, The Batchelor, The Apprentice, American Idol, The Biggest Loser (and the game shows too!). If I could be on one, I guess I'd choose Deal or No Deal b/c I'd love the chance to win some money w/out having to do something totally stupid or The Biggest Loser. I'd love to have the chance to work out all day, and have someone monitor my diet to help me get off the weight I gained with my twins.

I forgot about that one!!!! I don't have cable so I'm limited on those. The only cable I get is when I take the dogs to run at my parents' house. I like that one you mentioned--seems genuine and I would love to do it for the motivation to loose some weight.

I'd also love a reality show that has something about redecorating houses. Like Flip That House only like a contest.
I usually watch reality shows instead of regular series. At least the people on them aren't Hollywood yet. I get sucked into American Idol, Big Brother and Dancing with the Stars every year. I love singing and dancing so AI and DWTS are my favs. I also get sucked into Cowboy University and choosing the Dallas Cheerleaders on CMT. And last year I watched every episode of The Ultimate Coyote Ugly search. :thud: And you wonder how bored you are? :ph34r:

ETA: Well, the celebrities on DWTS maybe are Hollywood, but they don't have a chance to say anything. And it's fun to watch how much they improve their dancing from week to week.
I might be able to be on Big Brother but I would miss my husband. I would either win the whole thing or be the first voted out. I'd love to be able to be on Rock Star but I don't know if I have the voice.

I love watching reality shows though, I can't help it. America's Next Top Model, Survivor, Big Brother, Amazing Race, Surreal Life, AI, Rock Star,... Used to watch The Bachelor but can't stand it anymore. And Real World and Road Rules were great until I turned 20.
My husband has tried out for Amazing Race twice...once with his brother and once with three of our kids (for the family version.) They got their passports and made a tape.
My oldest son has tried out for Survivor.
Me? My life is a reality show.
I couldn't hack Survivor. The Amazing Race would be a great adventure, but I don't know if I could handle some of the challenges -- especially the eating ones. I could probably manage Big Brother -- might even be good at that one. I've a decent poker face and am a good secret keeper. I'd LOVE to be on one of the singing shows (not right now, though, given that my voice has left the building). I'd probably be more comfortable on AI than Rockstar -- I don't know if I could totally rock out the way they do! No way in hell would I ever be on a Bachelor/Bachelorette type show. Bleh! (Although, they are fun to watch in a twisted way. :ph34r: )
I will watch American Idol.
My wife and daughter hijack the TV for Project Runway, so I know what's happening there.
The Bachelor is just sad, and I only watched when I didn't have cable and had few choices. I haven't watched it since, so that was out of boredom. Sad people on there, really.
Deal or No Deal is interesting because it is resolved then and there.
I love to watch "The Bachelor". Unfortunately I forgot it was on last night and if I miss many more, I'll quit watching it because I won't know anyone. I also enjoy Big Brother though I haven't seen it every year. I really got into "So You Think You Can Dance" this year. Though I was disapppointed when my favorites were voted off.

I was trying to watch "Survivor" this year precisely because of the race thing since I thought that would make it more interesting. Did you hear that they've already intermixed the races after a couple of weeks? Anyhow, I forgot to watch it last week at least and may have missed other weeks as well.

As a matter of fact that's one of the reasons why it's so hard for me to get into very many reality shows or serials. I have a terrible memory and forget when they come on. If it weren't for the DVD's, I never would have gotten into "24".

As to why I enjoy them, shoot Annie, you know I love trying to figure out what makes people tick. :ph34r:
I love American Idol, but I don't watch a whole lot of reality tv. I do have a rant however. I am a pro wrestling fan, but I have to say that people have a lot of nerve to say wrestling is fake whenever the Bachelor airs. That has got to be the fakest show on television.

I can't hack Survivor or the Amazing Race. I lost interest in them. But Big Brother All Stars was quite a surprise for me as I originally wished to avoid them, but it was quite entertaining. A big surprise for me was Flav's show, which is really a more ghetto version of the Bachelor. Yes it is fake but the girls are whacked. I also like Dancing with the stars and Top Model. But those model girls sometimes get on my nerves.
I have to admit that I watch more reality shows than is considered safe. However, I have a good reason-- I like to see people caught in lies.

On a related note, I'm gearing up for a Fat Club II. I want people willing to lay it on the line. Think about it, people. :hug:
  • 2 Pages +

Be Yourself. Everyone is already taken.

http://img.photobuck.../Dsc00535-1.jpgI know when the Spirit of God is there, animals are the first ones to mellow out."If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers, 1897-1935"The poor dog, in life the firmest friend,The first to welcome, foremost to defend,Whose honest heart is still the master's own,Who labours, fights, lives, breathes for him alone,Unhonour'd falls, unnoticed all his worth,Denied in heaven the soul he held on earth,While man, vain insect hopes to be forgiven,And claims himself a sole exclusive heaven."Lord Byron Inscription on the monument of his Newfoundland dog, 1808" He is your friend, your partner,your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He willbe yours, faithful and true, to the last beatof his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy ofsuch devotion." Unknown

The Nauseatingly Cute Section

Links

Help Support Rightnation.US!Click HERE!Visit our store!Click HERE to shop!

0 user(s) viewing

0 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays