RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Everything That's Touched Turns into Fool's Gold - RightNation.US

-----
Ever had one of those days? Everything, from the moment you wake up untill the moment your head hits the pillow, is a mistake/problem. :unsure: And it's all silly mistakes/ problems for the most part. Is it barametric pressure? Wind shifts? Full moons? Mercury in retrograde?

I had to get to work by 9 today. Of course I woke up at 7:45 and had to leave in 20 minutes. That included feeding the bird and walking the dogs and getting me ready. Took Seamus for a walk first and he pissed all over the neighbor's trash can while Dublin decided to crap in my front lawn. I wanted to be early at work today but I should have known Dub would decide today to be constipated on the front lawn, taking his sweet old dump time. He never poops in the am but because I was in a rush, his bowels must have sensed it and decided to let loose.

Then the carride in. Traffic looked pretty good! Turned the corner out of my street and straight into taillights. On the ramp to the Toll road, some idiot 6 cars up threw her change into the basket in the expressway. Then sat there for 5 minutes waiting for the light to turn red. I didn't have time for honesty at this point and her opening her car door to look for the dropped quarter pissed me off. So I leaned on the horn which encouraged other people to do the same while sticking their heads out the window yelling,"COME ON!!!"

Hit the toll road and, God forbid, the sun decided to come out. The sun proceeded to blind and shock everyone slowing traffic to a crawl. We haven't seen sun in about 2 days here so it was I guess a foreign concept. I was in the car yelling that this happens (the sun) every morning! Meanwhile, some boys choir is singing a Christmas Carol to Canon D in my car full blast with me cursing at the sun and the other drivers.

Now it's around 5 minutes to 9 and I'm late. Got to the toll plaze for my exit and the Murano's driver in front of me decided to call someone. So, he decided not to move and leave about 10 car lengths (really 4 but it felt like 10) between himself and the car in front. I tailed him the rest of the way into the toll plaza to get him back.

Off onto the main road and somehow, glamour woman in a rush was now in front of me. As three lanes were merging into one, she had her visor down with all the lights on it. She was trying to pull her hair up with both hands off the wheel. Multiple times checking herself and then makeup. Primping primping primping....STOP IT!!!

Got to the parking lot at my building and my window wouldn't go up. So a few more curse words at Carmax--since anything that goes wrong with my car is their fault.

Got into my building and noticed no coffee was made. That sent me into a self pity spiral of,"Why do I always have to clean the kitchen here and make the damn coffee!" Then sat at my dest and noticed "they" (IT elves?) had changed the intranet/internet set up so I had to reprogram. Went through my stack of call backs and repeated a few that I had already done. I think I called a clinic and an employee for the second time in a month thinking they didn't get the right info in when it was really my fault. And this was all before noon. :blush:

So, how is your day going? :wub:

24 Comments On This Entry

I'll be bankrupt soon.

Feel better? :lol:

BARman29, on Nov 30 2006, 01:41 PM, said:

I'll be bankrupt soon.

Feel better? :lol:

:lol:

I didn't write it for sympathy. :P Thought we can all have a bitch and moan blog.

You aren't going to be bankrupt. :hug: Keeping you in prayer that the company takes off.
Holy cow it must be a universal cosmic thing!

Let's see I woke up this morning and had an email from a client stating that they needed some information from me by "tonight or tomorrow morning" that was sent late last night. I had three auctions end on eBay and realized that one item was damaged and I didn't know about it until I went to pack it up. Fortunately the woman is very understanding and let me substitute and I gave her a good break on shipping. Ok, fast forward... I have two packages to take to the post office, it is raining, I finsihed my email to my client, and Noah has a doctor's appointment (his Jeep is in the garage... of course!). We are getting ready to leave and Emma comes to me in the bathroom and tells me her tummy hurts, and in the next breath she vomits all over the floor. :lol:

I had errands that absolutely had to be run today, no one to stay at home with emma, and Noah who is recovering from bronchitis -- and did I mention that he was just put on his 5th prescription that he will be taking for life, and it is of course a $30 copay brand! :lol:

I am home for a little while and then I have to wake Emma up and go get Nate from school, come home and make supper, finish cleaning pukey laundry, and work on 3 proposals that are due early next week. I was supposed to go out with friends tonight, but I had to cancel. I refuse to go out in public when the kids are sick unless I absolutely have to. I hate sharing the flu.

Ok, did I mention that it is raining? :hug:

Good morning Annie! I hope your day gets better too, and thanks for a place to come and bellyache a little (no pun intended!)

So, how is your day going?

Well, not as bad as yours. :lol: I'm having a lousy, blah, unproductive day and can't seem to get motivated but at least I don't have to deal with the idiots that you do. Tomorrow will be better, Annie. You'll sail through the day and into the weekend.

Riothouse, on Nov 30 2006, 02:10 PM, said:

Holy cow it must be a universal cosmic thing!

Let's see I woke up this morning and had an email from a client stating that they needed some information from me by "tonight or tomorrow morning" that was sent late last night. I had three auctions end on eBay and realized that one item was damaged and I didn't know about it until I went to pack it up. Fortunately the woman is very understanding and let me substitute and I gave her a good break on shipping. Ok, fast forward... I have two packages to take to the post office, it is raining, I finsihed my email to my client, and Noah has a doctor's appointment (his Jeep is in the garage... of course!). We are getting ready to leave and Emma comes to me in the bathroom and tells me her tummy hurts, and in the next breath she vomits all over the floor. :lol:

I had errands that absolutely had to be run today, no one to stay at home with emma, and Noah who is recovering from bronchitis -- and did I mention that he was just put on his 5th prescription that he will be taking for life, and it is of course a $30 copay brand! :P

I am home for a little while and then I have to wake Emma up and go get Nate from school, come home and make supper, finish cleaning pukey laundry, and work on 3 proposals that are due early next week. I was supposed to go out with friends tonight, but I had to cancel. I refuse to go out in public when the kids are sick unless I absolutely have to. I hate sharing the flu.

Ok, did I mention that it is raining? :P

Good morning Annie! I hope your day gets better too, and thanks for a place to come and bellyache a little (no pun intended!)

:hug:

It has to be universal. Hope Emma and Noah feel better. :P

Liz, on Nov 30 2006, 02:10 PM, said:

Well, not as bad as yours. :lol: I'm having a lousy, blah, unproductive day and can't seem to get motivated but at least I don't have to deal with the idiots that you do. Tomorrow will be better, Annie. You'll sail through the day and into the weekend.

Come on, Liz. Complain!!! :lol:

You ready for the storms tomorrow?

Annie, on Nov 30 2006, 02:27 PM, said:

We're having storms tomorrow? :hug: Actually, it just started drizzling here, nothing much yet, though. And it's a glorious 69 F here, so what's there to complain about? :lol:

Liz, on Nov 30 2006, 03:33 PM, said:

Annie, on Nov 30 2006, 02:27 PM, said:

We're having storms tomorrow? :P Actually, it just started drizzling here, nothing much yet, though. And it's a glorious 69 F here, so what's there to complain about? :P

It's very muggy and hard to smoke with the winds.

You're no fun. :lol: You're one of those constantly optimistic happy people aren't you? I'll bet you would have probably gotten out of your car and helped the woman find the quarter. :hug:

( :P )
I don't know if your comment about my disposition was ironic or not but actually, I'm one of the biggest complainers you'll ever meet. In school, one of my friends nicknamed me Elizabitch. I'm just trying on the Pollyanna personality to see if it suits me. My husband has been commenting lately that I'm too negative so I thought I'd give "sunny" a try for a while. :lol:

Liz, on Nov 30 2006, 04:24 PM, said:

I don't know if your comment about my disposition was ironic or not but actually, I'm one of the biggest complainers you'll ever meet. In school, one of my friends nicknamed me Elizabitch. I'm just trying on the Pollyanna personality to see if it suits me. My husband has been commenting lately that I'm too negative so I thought I'd give "sunny" a try for a while. :lol:

I'm in a place of irritation. I can't be sunny for too long. It hurts.
  • 3 Pages +

Be Yourself. Everyone is already taken.

http://img.photobuck.../Dsc00535-1.jpgI know when the Spirit of God is there, animals are the first ones to mellow out."If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers, 1897-1935"The poor dog, in life the firmest friend,The first to welcome, foremost to defend,Whose honest heart is still the master's own,Who labours, fights, lives, breathes for him alone,Unhonour'd falls, unnoticed all his worth,Denied in heaven the soul he held on earth,While man, vain insect hopes to be forgiven,And claims himself a sole exclusive heaven."Lord Byron Inscription on the monument of his Newfoundland dog, 1808" He is your friend, your partner,your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He willbe yours, faithful and true, to the last beatof his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy ofsuch devotion." Unknown

The Nauseatingly Cute Section

Links

Help Support Rightnation.US!Click HERE!Visit our store!Click HERE to shop!

1 user(s) viewing

1 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays