RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Dream Diary - RightNation.US

-----

Dream Diary

I wanted to try something for you all that like(or would like) to keep a dream diary and see where this goes. For one week, record your dreams on here that you had the night before. Include any detail you can remember--even if it's embarassing. Dreams, after all, make no sense. :blush: Some are incredibly detailed, like you'll see mine are. But they all tell wonderful stories sometimes in this alternate reality. So please feel free to post. Editing to add that the best time to remember dreams are as soon as you wake up. That's when you need to write them for more detail. These can be fun to read back on and figure out what was happening with you during the day or at the time to make your dream happen.

My dream last night:

I was house hunting. I was in this incredibly odd home. It was a raised home--almost like a hillside but up really really high. I knew in the dream it was built on stilts. Looking out one window, I saw a section jutting off the house. I was looking down on a glass gazebo with a glass hallway leading to it. It was outlined in metal with the glass panes sitting inside. The gazebo was up high and completely isolated from the house because it was jutting out so far. Kindof looked like the elevator in Charlie and the Chocolate factory. Far below, just patches of dry grass. Everything was brown or yellow outside. Almost like looking out the window of a plane and seeing the patchwork of feilds below you.

Inside, the house was exploding with pinks, lace curtians, royal purple, blues, and greens. I was touring the master bedroom. There was an enormous green decorated bed sitting on mahogany wood. The walls were a lighter green. I'd walk to a door and it would be a bathroom decorated in green again. Leaving that door I'd walk into a sitting room. This went on with me opening doors and somehow circling around back to the master bedroom. The realtor was telling me there were seven sides and rooms to the master suite.

At one point, I needed to use the restroom. I went around the seven rooms in the master suite again and found a restroom. I went to lock it (the detail of the doorknob was even in there---it was gold with one of those locks you push in and turn with a little horizontal lift in them.) People were on the other side trying to turn the knob even though I was telling them I was in there. So, I left that room and moved into the circling around of the 7 rooms again to find a bathroom. :wub: I found a second bathroom with a huge shower stall. There was a dark green curtian over it. When I went in, a woman stepped out of the shower dressed and said she had just finished. She apologized and went outside the room.

She began talking and I was walking with her. She was talking about how she was a doctor and this was her house. Her father was a doctor and he built it. She took me back around the rooms to the master bedroom so we could exit out of the "suite." I remember looking at the jewlery box on the dresser and seeing very cheap costume jewlery in it. I was wondering why they had an open house with all their stuff just lying around.

She then took me into a hallway. I went to sit with a group of people. The upstairs hallway had pink wallpaper and the walls were draped with lilac lace curtians. On one wall, the wallpaper was like a child's room. It had cartoon drawings of children on carousel horses and muticolour umbrellas over them. On another wall, it was just pink roses. And again all this lace draped everywhere. I overheard the realtor saying she was nervous about the house selling. I asked her how much it was and she said it was going for 1.2 million. While she was looking down at me, I was sitting at this point, I asked her if I could be honest with her. I was starting to tell her she needed to loose this colour scheme and maybe someone would be interested when an older woman, with perfectly coiffed white/blonde hair came over and sat calmly across from us. She was dressed in a black sweater with light brown pants. A little on the heavy side. She had on her right wrist a bracelet with a double strand of pearles linking to a large square cut sapphire. She said one word, "Cash."

The room became a flurry as the realtor rushed to her to complete the cash sale of the home. I saw the woman who had stepped out of the shower sitting alone on a little bench in the hallway. She was crying and I went to talk to her. She was sad her home she grew up in was now gone. We both looked back at the woman who bought it sitting across the huge hallway from us. That woman's husband, a little old man with his hair only looping from ear to ear with the top of his head bald, sat next to her and took her hand. He then sweetly kissed her celebrating their new home. And the dream ended.

So, what about you all? What have you been dreaming? :unsure:

Oh, and let's try to keep it clean. :lol:

74 Comments On This Entry

Oh man what a memory! I can't even remember more than about 2 seconds of my dream from last night. I might have remembered about 5 seconds when I first woke up but that's been a while.

Last night I had a dream about seeing an old boyfriend with his current significant other. The strange part about this is that I don't know what I ever saw in him and I definitely have not been thinking about him lately so I have no clue why he would be in my dreams. I did mention him a couple of weeks ago to a friend simply because we were talking about the military and he was a Marine and somehow he came up. Other than that, I haven't really thought about this guy in years. :giggle:

Okay it just hit me why I might have dreamed about him. I had a friend recently refer to another friend as a nerd (mainly because I think he was jealous :cloud9: you know who you are) and I use to think this ex-boyfriend of mine was a nerd when we were in elementary school. I don't think I ever completely got that impression of him out of my system which was why it was such a shock that I did finally go out with him.

ilja, on Dec 3 2006, 01:49 PM, said:

Oh man what a memory! I can't even remember more than about 2 seconds of my dream from last night. I might have remembered about 5 seconds when I first woke up but that's been a while.

Last night I had a dream about seeing an old boyfriend with his current significant other. The strange part about this is that I don't know what I ever saw in him and I definitely have not been thinking about him lately so I have no clue why he would be in my dreams. I did mention him a couple of weeks ago to a friend simply because we were talking about the military and he was a Marine and somehow he came up. Other than that, I haven't really thought about this guy in years. :giggle:

Okay it just hit me why I might have dreamed about him. I had a friend recently refer to another friend as a nerd (mainly because I think he was jealous :cloud9: you know who you are) and I use to think this ex-boyfriend of mine was a nerd when we were in elementary school. I don't think I ever completely got that impression of him out of my system which was why it was such a shock that I did finally go out with him.

That's funny you said this!!! I was out late last night walking Dublin. My neighbors came up the walkway telling me they had seen the guy that I had dated for a couple of years. He was a disaster. They told me he had gotten married and said to tell me hello. I thought I would definately have a dream involving him. What I said to my neighbors when they told me was,"God help that woman. He's not a very nice man." :D
A fun thing to do with dreams---leave the TV on while you sleep. Turn the volume down where you can just barely hear it. What's on the TV will incorporate into your dreams. I left it on last night and I know this show comes on in the morning showcasing homes. I think that's where mine came from. :cloud9:
Do you by any chance know about dream interpretation? I am asking because I have a reoccuring dream that is VERY strange. I won't tell about it here because I have told two other people and they about died laughing. However when I wake up I am disturbed by the dream. I have the type of dreams that when I wake up my first reaction is how in the world did my brain come up with that. I would really like to find someone who really knows dream interpretation because I would like to know what this very strange dream means.
And if you take a diuretic you'll have weird dreams about swimming in lakes, oceans and all I've found. :cloud9:

I have weird ones from time to time where I "borrow" my Dad's pick-up truck and head off across country. Or I somehow wind up in military school or back in elementary fighting with the teachers. And then there are the ones I can't mention here without getting suspended or banned.
I haven't been remembering my dreams lately. So your experiment will not work on me! :cloud9:
Well, also not quite in the spirit as it was intended, but I used to dream of a place, very elaborate, lots of nooks, crannies, and other places, upstairs and downstairs.
It always included my late grandfather, whether he was there, or just that I knew it was connected to him.
I had this dream recurrently for years.

I finally said something to my sister, described the place (she is older than me) and she told me the place I had just described. It was the old parish home of the church we went to when we lived with my grandfather (until I was 3).
It has been long torn down, but we used to go there when we were very young, and she had been just old enough to remember it, I was not.

Since that time the dream has never come back. :giggle:

The funny thing is, I miss it. It was always a comforting dream. :cloud9:
Hey Annie, I had to wait until my afternoon nap, but I had one really cool dream, so I figured I'd come here before all of the details fade away. In the dream, somehow I'd always been aware of a presence in my house. So, my older daughter and I were in the front room of our house which is supposed to be a formal dining room, but we use it as a music room/library since the hubby built shelves into/along the wall, put in a wood floor, and we rented a viola/bought a piano. So my older daughter and I were in this room, and my eldest could somehow talk to this ghost. I was asking the ghost questions through my daughter. I think that my younger daughter came into the room at some point too. By questioning the ghost through my older daughter, we found out that she was a lady ghost born on February 12, died in 1898, and was 61 when she died. She also said that had 15 children, and when I asked her why she didn't want to go over to the other side, she said she enjoyed being alone! :D At some point in the conversation, she materialized and gave me a big (somewhat scary, but somewhat wonderful) hug. She talked with us for quite a while and told us her name was Mabel. Mabel was very motherly/ grandmotherly looking and very sweet. She said that she had lived in our house, which seems somewhat impossible because our house was only built in 1999 ( though in the dream, my house was my house but somehow also an old house). A couple of her things were in our house, some really interesting salt-shakers shaped like maybe little cottages (details fading fast) and something else I can't remember. I kind of tried to convince her at various points of the dream to go be with God, but she seemed happy here. Then somehow, the dream changed quickly, as dreams do, and many people were in my house to meet Mabel, kind of like a party. Sometime during the party, I showed Mabel a picture of my mom with my daughters that I have on my fridge, and we spoke about my mom. Mabel told me that she needed to use the bathroom, which I said seemed very odd for a ghost, and she laughed and said she had to go the bathroom at least five times a night! :D Oddly enough, I kind of suggested that because she was a ghost and nobody could see her if she didn't want them too, she should go to the bathroom outside! Fine dream hostess I am! :D I think the fact that I had drunk a 24 oz. Wa Wa coffee right before falling asleep had something to do with both the end of the dream and me waking up! :D Although there was so much more in the dream, the details have faded too much for me to remember much more, but I thought that I would visit your thread while the dream was still fresh. :D

P.S. Sorry for the run-on nature of my account, but my dreams slip away the more I try to remember them. I had to type really fast. (For me, somewhat better than a turtle :cloud9: )

P.S. #2 I do that TV thing you mentioned all of the time!

:giggle:

spt, on Dec 3 2006, 02:51 PM, said:

Do you by any chance know about dream interpretation? I am asking because I have a reoccuring dream that is VERY strange. I won't tell about it here because I have told two other people and they about died laughing. However when I wake up I am disturbed by the dream. I have the type of dreams that when I wake up my first reaction is how in the world did my brain come up with that. I would really like to find someone who really knows dream interpretation because I would like to know what this very strange dream means.

I don't know. I have ALOT of dreams about water. Like a lake house with a hole in the middle of the floor to look down into the lake, trying to drive a boat along a cliff with huge drop offs and wild waves, etc. Always there is water. Ihad someone tell me on here it meant a journey.

Maybe someone will know how to interpret your dream if you post it?

leftcoast, right winger, on Dec 3 2006, 07:45 PM, said:

And if you take a diuretic you'll have weird dreams about swimming in lakes, oceans and all I've found. :D

I have weird ones from time to time where I "borrow" my Dad's pick-up truck and head off across country. Or I somehow wind up in military school or back in elementary fighting with the teachers. And then there are the ones I can't mention here without getting suspended or banned.

Where do you end up and is anyone with you?

Siren, on Dec 3 2006, 08:03 PM, said:

I haven't been remembering my dreams lately. So your experiment will not work on me! :cloud9:

Awwww. :giggle: Even when you first wake up?

BARman29, on Dec 3 2006, 08:14 PM, said:

Well, also not quite in the spirit as it was intended, but I used to dream of a place, very elaborate, lots of nooks, crannies, and other places, upstairs and downstairs.
It always included my late grandfather, whether he was there, or just that I knew it was connected to him.
I had this dream recurrently for years.

I finally said something to my sister, described the place (she is older than me) and she told me the place I had just described. It was the old parish home of the church we went to when we lived with my grandfather (until I was 3).
It has been long torn down, but we used to go there when we were very young, and she had been just old enough to remember it, I was not.

Since that time the dream has never come back. :D

The funny thing is, I miss it. It was always a comforting dream. :D

:D

I wonder why it stopped happening? I love dreams that include relatives that had passed or pets that had passed. It was always very comforting.

exsailorette, on Dec 3 2006, 08:49 PM, said:

Hey Annie, I had to wait until my afternoon nap, but I had one really cool dream, so I figured I'd come here before all of the details fade away. In the dream, somehow I'd always been aware of a presence in my house. So, my older daughter and I were in the front room of our house which is supposed to be a formal dining room, but we use it as a music room/library since the hubby built shelves into/along the wall, put in a wood floor, and we rented a viola/bought a piano. So my older daughter and I were in this room, and my eldest could somehow talk to this ghost.

<snip>

P.S. Sorry for the run-on nature of my account, but my dreams slip away the more I try to remember them. I had to type really fast. (For me, somewhat better than a turtle :cloud9: )

P.S. #2 I do that TV thing you mentioned all of the time!

:giggle:

Hey Ex! That is really detailed! Thank you for posting that and no problem for the run on. I can't believe you had her birthdate and all that! :D
  • 8 Pages +
  • Last »

Be Yourself. Everyone is already taken.

http://img.photobuck.../Dsc00535-1.jpgI know when the Spirit of God is there, animals are the first ones to mellow out."If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers, 1897-1935"The poor dog, in life the firmest friend,The first to welcome, foremost to defend,Whose honest heart is still the master's own,Who labours, fights, lives, breathes for him alone,Unhonour'd falls, unnoticed all his worth,Denied in heaven the soul he held on earth,While man, vain insect hopes to be forgiven,And claims himself a sole exclusive heaven."Lord Byron Inscription on the monument of his Newfoundland dog, 1808" He is your friend, your partner,your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He willbe yours, faithful and true, to the last beatof his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy ofsuch devotion." Unknown

The Nauseatingly Cute Section

Links

Help Support Rightnation.US!Click HERE!Visit our store!Click HERE to shop!

0 user(s) viewing

0 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays