RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Beauty Trumps Reality - RightNation.US

-----

Beauty Trumps Reality

20-year-old blonde from Russel County, Kentucky, was also rumoured to be partying, staying out late with numerous boyfriends and neglecting some of the events that come with her title.

Real estate mogul Donald Trump and NBC, co-owners of the Miss Universe Organisation and the Miss USA pageant, are threatening to strip Conner of her title, New York Daily News reported. Conner, who also failed a drug test for cocaine.

And a new evidence emerged yesterday that Tara Conner was drinking in clubs and publicly kissed with her younger roommate Miss Teen USA, Katie Blair, 18, which means now both of their titles could be questioned.

Link

So then the fairy princess was pardoned by the Pageant's overlord, Mr. Donald Trump. She is going to be allowed to keep her title despite all of the above as long as Conner enters the save all pity place to go which is the Hollywood rehab. There she will be forgiven.

She is going to enter rehab following these words:

Trump said Conner would be entering rehab. A pageant official said details would be worked out privately with Conner over the next weeks.

Asked if she was a drunkard, Conner said: "I wouldn't say that I'm alcoholic. I'd think that would be pushing the envelope."

She doesn't even admit she has a problem. This is disgraceful to those who do enter rehab to truly get better. She is going to sit in group meetings with other people who truly do have issues with drugs and alcohol. Wonderful. So much for NA/AA's annonymity. It's making a joke out of the core of AA with the 12 steps alcoholics and drug addicts follow to get better. The first being that one admits to being powerless over drugs or alcohol and that their lives have become unmanagable. She isn't doing that. AA/NA has become punishments. It has become a dumping ground for those who are "caught" doing something wrong either by law or a way of repentance to maintain face. Screw the ones in that circle that are truly working at changing their lives.

That's not the only thing. Because she is in a position which promotes beautiful people and fuels the idea that beautiful people can get out of tough situations on looks alone, she has now paved the way for young children who do look up to these people to believe it. In schools now, it's all about fairness. Looks and money don't matter as long as you have a wonderful personality. Now try telling that to some hard working blue collared person who is barely scraping by. If that person tests positive for cocaine or shows up on the job drunk, does anyone really believe that person is going to keep their job if they enter rehab? Are they going to be pardoned and given a second chance like this woman? Probably not.

Why did Miss Connor get drug screened? Is it random and part of the requirements of keeping the title of Miss USA? If it is, she should be stripped of her title. She knew going into it that if she used drugs, she would loose her job if that were the case.

Another little tidbit:

Can delegates be married?

A: No. Delegates may not be married or pregnant. They must not have ever been married, not had a marriage annulled nor given birth to a child. The titleholders are also required to remain single throughout their reign.

MissUSA

Missing events is a "no-no" as well:

In 2002, Russia's Oxana Fedorova won the Miss Universe pageant but was stripped of her title after failing to attend numerous events under her contract.

I guess posing in Playboy, like Vanessa Williams did, is also grounds for dethronement.

So, being married, having a child, posing nude, and missing events is bad but snorting a line of cocaine, deep kissing Miss Teen USA, drinking while underage is ok. Gotcha.

Then you have the man who changes wives like he changes his hairpiece Well, maybe he doesn't change his hairpiece as ofter but you get the idea. He is suddenly and morally deciding that a coke snorting partier who holds a title to represent the USA in the Miss Universe pageant suddenly needs a second chance. What are the people who do tune into these pageants and follow them going to think when they look at Miss Conner from all over the world? Certianly not clicking their tongues saying,"Poor thing. She got a second chance and look how far she's come!" No, they are going to see the typical USA model of "the girl next door" and now picture her wiping coke powder off her nose as she removes the rolled dollar bill from her nostril. Nice representation of the US women.

Circling back to the beauty issue. It is undeniable that these pageants promote the beautiful. People can say that the talent adds into it but when the contestants do the bikini walk it's hardly the time for men to take a bathroom break. Miss California playing the kazoo is the time for that. It is about looks. That is what our young women are going to see. Ultimately, it is about the message that if you have the right look and the right amount of money, you will never have to be responsible for your actions.

8 Comments On This Entry

As I posted elsewhere the guys are jealous because Trump gets all the good stuff. And the gals are jealous cause they cannot afford perky boobs. I think the whole thing is being blown out of proportion. So she's another Brit, Paris, Lindsay wanna be; did you really expect another boring Annette? Newsflash- It's not the fifties anymore! When 95% of adults have engaged in fornication, when celebrities have multiple DUIs and behave like skanks and A--holes do you really expect some beauty queen to be Miss Goody Twoshoes??
I don't condone her behavior, but let's get real. It's going to happen. The MSM will go way out of their way to dig up the dirt on any celebrity. Some of them just make the job easier for them. :giggle:

leftcoast, right winger, on Dec 20 2006, 10:46 PM, said:

As I posted elsewhere the guys are jealous because Trump gets all the good stuff. And the gals are jealous cause they cannot afford perky boobs. I think the whole thing is being blown out of proportion. So she's another Brit, Paris, Lindsay wanna be; did you really expect another boring Annette? Newsflash- It's not the fifties anymore! When 95% of adults have engaged in fornication, when celebrities have multiple DUIs and behave like skanks and A--holes do you really expect some beauty queen to be Miss Goody Twoshoes??
I don't condone her behavior, but let's get real. It's going to happen. The MSM will go way out of their way to dig up the dirt on any celebrity. Some of them just make the job easier for them. :giggle:

I expect things like this to happen. The idea behind it I don't condone. Unfortunatley, it is accepted that it is "what the majority is like" and I don't agree. This is where I sound like an old fart but this is getting to be more and more commonplace and therefore more and more excused, brushed aside, and accepted. Rehab is no longer "rehab" but a dumping ground. People my age can look at these idiots and think they are idiots but kids who don't have the life experience aren't going to think that. They are living with these behaviours as the norm and it's "bound" to happen.
Sorry, Annie, but your calling yourself an old fart and referring to people your age cracks me up; being the ancient geezer that I am! :lol: And I won't tell the MSM our little secrets! :giggle:

leftcoast, right winger, on Dec 20 2006, 11:14 PM, said:

Sorry, Annie, but your calling yourself an old fart and referring to people your age cracks me up; being the ancient geezer that I am! :lol: And I won't tell the MSM our little secrets! :giggle:

Good. *wipes powder off my nose* :hug:
It's about the acceptance of a standard of behavior.

Trump calls the shots presumably because he has the cash, is that right?
And yet he is calling shots on moral issues. Someone once mentioned to me (about a supervisor who was married a third time) that after the first two, you gotta figure maybe it isn't the woman's fault.

But enough about him, how about her?
Well, as far as I am concerned, if there is a standard of behavior that she agreed to ahead of the pageant, and again, presumably signed, then she should be held to that standard.

If the standard says she will wear a plaid skirt and argyle socks every Tuesday morning as a condition of being Miss USA, then she must do so. The expectation of disciplinary measures and how far they may range must also be spelled out.

So, if partying heartily and snorting coke, along with drinking underage are expressly forbidden as the title holder, then she should be sacked and the alternate assume the duties.
End of story.

But then again, it is about what standards we accept.

End of the day, I couldn't care less who Miss USA, Miss America or any of the others really are. I mean, really, did you WATCH Miss Congeniality? It's a scholarship program!! :wink:

BARman29, on Dec 21 2006, 09:51 AM, said:

Trump calls the shots presumably because he has the cash, is that right?
And yet he is calling shots on moral issues. Someone once mentioned to me (about a supervisor who was married a third time) that after the first two, you gotta figure maybe it isn't the woman's fault.

But enough about him, how about her?
Well, as far as I am concerned, if there is a standard of behavior that she agreed to ahead of the pageant, and again, presumably signed, then she should be held to that standard.

If the standard says she will wear a plaid skirt and argyle socks every Tuesday morning as a condition of being Miss USA, then she must do so. The expectation of disciplinary measures and how far they may range must also be spelled out.

So, if partying heartily and snorting coke, along with drinking underage are expressly forbidden as the title holder, then she should be sacked and the alternate assume the duties.
End of story.

But then again, it is about what standards we accept.

End of the day, I couldn't care less who Miss USA, Miss America or any of the others really are. I mean, really, did you WATCH Miss Congeniality? It's a scholarship program!! :wink:

Exactly.

Annie, on Dec 22 2006, 07:41 AM, said:

Exactly.

Why have rules if you're not going to enforce them...

Otherwise, rules become the point from which we will deviate...and as a society, deviate we have!

Dixiecrat, on Dec 22 2006, 11:12 AM, said:

Annie, on Dec 22 2006, 07:41 AM, said:

Exactly.

Why have rules if you're not going to enforce them...

Otherwise, rules become the point from which we will deviate...and as a society, deviate we have!

Sad isn't it? Apparently the rules don't apply to some.
Page 1 of 1

Be Yourself. Everyone is already taken.

http://img.photobuck.../Dsc00535-1.jpgI know when the Spirit of God is there, animals are the first ones to mellow out."If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers, 1897-1935"The poor dog, in life the firmest friend,The first to welcome, foremost to defend,Whose honest heart is still the master's own,Who labours, fights, lives, breathes for him alone,Unhonour'd falls, unnoticed all his worth,Denied in heaven the soul he held on earth,While man, vain insect hopes to be forgiven,And claims himself a sole exclusive heaven."Lord Byron Inscription on the monument of his Newfoundland dog, 1808" He is your friend, your partner,your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He willbe yours, faithful and true, to the last beatof his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy ofsuch devotion." Unknown

The Nauseatingly Cute Section

Links

Help Support Rightnation.US!Click HERE!Visit our store!Click HERE to shop!

0 user(s) viewing

0 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays