RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Time for a Real Apology, Vick - RightNation.US

Jump to content

-----

Quote

"For most of my life, I've been a football player, not a public speaker, so, you know, I really don't know, you know, how to say what I really want to say.

You know, I understand it's -- it's important or not important, you know, as far as what you say but how you say things. So, you know, I take this opportunity just to speak from the heart.

First, I want to apologize, you know, for all the things that -- that I've done and that I have allowed to happen. I want to personally apologize to commissioner Goodell, Arthur Blank, coach Bobby Petrino, my Atlanta Falcons teammates, you know, for our -- for our previous discussions that we had. And I was not honest and forthright in our discussions, and, you know, I was ashamed and totally disappointed in myself to say the least.

I want to apologize to all the young kids out there for my immature acts and, you know, what I did was, what I did was very immature so that means I need to grow up.

I totally ask for forgiveness and understanding as I move forward to bettering Michael Vick the person, not the football player.

I take full responsibility for my actions. For one second will I sit right here -- not for one second will I sit right here and point the finger and try to blame anybody else for my actions or what I've done.

I'm totally responsible, and those things just didn't have to happen. I feel like we all make mistakes. It's just I made a mistake in using bad judgment and making bad decisions. And you know, those things, you know, just can't happen.

Dog fighting is a terrible thing, and I did reject it.

I'm upset with myself, and, you know, through this situation I found Jesus and asked him for forgiveness and turned my life over to God. And I think that's the right thing to do as of right now.

Like I said, for this -- for this entire situation I never pointed the finger at anybody else, I accepted responsibility for my actions of what I did and now I have to pay the consequences for it. But in a sense, I think it will help, you know, me as a person. I got a lot to think about in the next year or so.

I offer my deepest apologies to everybody out in there in the world who was affected by this whole situation. And if I'm more disappointed with myself than anything it's because of all the young people, young kids that I've let down, who look at Michael Vick as a role model. And to have to go through this and put myself in this situation, you know, I hope that every young kid out there in the world watching this interview right now who's been following the case will use me as an example to using better judgment and making better decisions.

Once again, I offer my deepest apologies to everyone. And I will redeem myself. I have to.

So I got a lot of down time, a lot of time to think about my actions and what I've done and how to make Michael Vick a better person.

Thank you."



Wow. Not scripted or coached---eh? He found Jesus in all this. He apologized for being a bad role model and the kids he let down.

How about the animal cruelty, Vick? The better judgement of not only hanging, drowning, and electrocuting dogs? The horrible animal cruelty and deaths you allowed? For the monies you gained? For your so called "immaturity" which is an incredibly lame excuse at your age.

Let's examine what you did to these dogs. First, you bred them. Then, when they reached a certian age, you took a dog with it's teeth filed down so as not to inflict too much on the new breed of fighting dogs you had. This dog, with the filed teeth, was the test dog. Fighting this dog meant if the pit bull "made it" the dog moved onto gambling matches in dogfighting. The dogs that didn't make it past the one with it's teeth filed were killed. The ones that did make it, had their teeth filed and sharpened to move onto the fighting pit to kill or maim other animals. To take people's lost pets and make them bait to train. You found Jesus in your mistakes. In what? Rape stands? Tying dogs to axels so their collars embedded? Starving them so they were so hungry and mean they wanted to fight? Injecting them with steroids and having them run endlessly on treadmills to prep for the matches to bring you thousands of dollars?

My dog was the initial tooth filed dog they learned and moved on from to become "champions" to win you monies. I don't accept your appology. I don't accept that finding Jesus suddenly makes you irresponsible for the apology you owe to dog owners, like myself, who deal daily with a mentally damaged dog. Trying to adjust to it's past behaviors to make it happy and show it is loved. I don't accept that you took pets and broke their hips to use them to train your dogs for blood. I don't accept my dog was left starved, tied to an axle, and had an embedded collar. I don't accept the pain you cause him and the damaged animal I had to train to learn to love and trust people and other dogs.

Your wonderfully PC coached response makes no sense to me. Even if you didn't harm the animals in this, you had to have know what was going on in your own property. You could have stopped it. You are a grown man and immaturity doesn't fly in my book. Come see what "immaturity" has done to my beloved pet and all the stray animals you knew about and killed or tortured.

You knew. Even if you didn't have a hand in the abuse, you knew. You knew that it was needed to file teeth down. You knew they needed to breed. You knew a dog would bring you money in a ring trying to kill it's opponent. You knew. Finding Jesus suddenly and blaming it on "immaturity" at your age doesn't excuse it.

I welcome you to meet my dog and apologize to me and all the other rescuers what you had a hand in creating and supporting. I don't understand and I never will.
0
  Like

8 Comments On This Entry

Good Blog Annie. Animal cruelty is one of the things that really gets my blood boiling. People who abuse animals for "fun" or to make money are worse than scum. If they could do that to innocent animals can definitely do that to children or other people weaker than themselves. :giggle:
0

janey728, on Aug 29 2007, 09:36 AM, said:

Good Blog Annie. Animal cruelty is one of the things that really gets my blood boiling. People who abuse animals for "fun" or to make money are worse than scum. If they could do that to innocent animals can definitely do that to children or other people weaker than themselves. :giggle:


I agree janey.

I honesty believe people who abuse Children have no soul, and people who do that to dogs have to have the blackest souls possible. While they aren't on par with monsters like Saddam, they aren't too far below them either.

I hope with all my heart that they experience what they did to those poor dogs, ten fold once they reach thier final resting place.

And Dublin, I have the utmost respect for you, and people like you. I am so glad there are people like you, in this world that take those dogs, who have seen some of the worset of humanity, and give them the love and life they deserve.
0
I wasn't able to get to the comment section this morning, so I PM'd Annie what I was planning on writing here. The long and the short of that is:

Vick may owe a real apology, but he'll never give one. You know what he's sorry about? He's sorry he got busted because of his leech - like friends. He's sorry he flushed 100 million down the toilet. He's sorry that football is not his day job anymore. He's not sorry he raised dogs to fight, bet on them, killed the ones who didn't perform, and bankrolled his own stable. We've seen the comments of some of the other athletes. You can tell even by what they say to the media whether they are into dog fighting or not. Marbury sounded like he was trying his best not to defend the sport, even though he wanted to.

Where I live, there are always stories about this kind of thing going on in Detroit and in Pontiac. People who call police to say they've had pets snatcehd out of their yards...it doesn't take a genius to know what that's all about. And seeing as how animal control departments are the ones who get hit first with budget cuts, not a whole lot gets done about it. One thing positive from this story is is that it finally got people aware that this type of stuff goes on. Given how folks feel about their dogs, maybe finally there will be demands made for more effort to break up these rings, and put the people responsible for them away.

But Michael Vick will still think he did nothing wrong. That's how criminals are.
0

janey728, on Aug 29 2007, 09:36 AM, said:

Good Blog Annie. Animal cruelty is one of the things that really gets my blood boiling. People who abuse animals for "fun" or to make money are worse than scum. If they could do that to innocent animals can definitely do that to children or other people weaker than themselves. :giggle:

Thank you, Janey. I completely agree. It's unfathomable what is going through these people's minds. The idea that they even take pleasure in it is beyond sick.

MB, on Aug 29 2007, 01:27 PM, said:

And Dublin, I have the utmost respect for you, and people like you. I am so glad there are people like you, in this world that take those dogs, who have seen some of the worset of humanity, and give them the love and life they deserve.

Thank you, MB. :rofl: They've made my life very happy as well.

Hieronymous, on Aug 29 2007, 02:38 PM, said:

I wasn't able to get to the comment section this morning, so I PM'd Annie what I was planning on writing here. The long and the short of that is:

Vick may owe a real apology, but he'll never give one. You know what he's sorry about? He's sorry he got busted because of his leech - like friends. He's sorry he flushed 100 million down the toilet. He's sorry that football is not his day job anymore. He's not sorry he raised dogs to fight, bet on them, killed the ones who didn't perform, and bankrolled his own stable. We've seen the comments of some of the other athletes. You can tell even by what they say to the media whether they are into dog fighting or not. Marbury sounded like he was trying his best not to defend the sport, even though he wanted to.

Where I live, there are always stories about this kind of thing going on in Detroit and in Pontiac. People who call police to say they've had pets snatcehd out of their yards...it doesn't take a genius to know what that's all about. And seeing as how animal control departments are the ones who get hit first with budget cuts, not a whole lot gets done about it. One thing positive from this story is is that it finally got people aware that this type of stuff goes on. Given how folks feel about their dogs, maybe finally there will be demands made for more effort to break up these rings, and put the people responsible for them away.

But Michael Vick will still think he did nothing wrong. That's how criminals are.


You are absolutely right.

I hate the idea that people's pets are being used as bait. That part just makes me so incredibly sick.

He was backed into a corner and had to say something. He's not sorry but he was caught.
0

Hieronymous, on Aug 29 2007, 02:38 PM, said:

I wasn't able to get to the comment section this morning, so I PM'd Annie what I was planning on writing here. The long and the short of that is:

Vick may owe a real apology, but he'll never give one. You know what he's sorry about? He's sorry he got busted because of his leech - like friends. He's sorry he flushed 100 million down the toilet. He's sorry that football is not his day job anymore. He's not sorry he raised dogs to fight, bet on them, killed the ones who didn't perform, and bankrolled his own stable. We've seen the comments of some of the other athletes. You can tell even by what they say to the media whether they are into dog fighting or not. Marbury sounded like he was trying his best not to defend the sport, even though he wanted to.

Where I live, there are always stories about this kind of thing going on in Detroit and in Pontiac. People who call police to say they've had pets snatcehd out of their yards...it doesn't take a genius to know what that's all about. And seeing as how animal control departments are the ones who get hit first with budget cuts, not a whole lot gets done about it. One thing positive from this story is is that it finally got people aware that this type of stuff goes on. Given how folks feel about their dogs, maybe finally there will be demands made for more effort to break up these rings, and put the people responsible for them away.

But Michael Vick will still think he did nothing wrong. That's how criminals are.


He'll do his time in Federal Prison and serve his NFL suspension and move on from there. I don't even see why he feels he owes an apology to anyone. It won't do any good.
0
I'm adding some videos I find here to teach about dog fighting or that are related.

Dog's in the Kennel

Dog Fighting is Animal Abuse
0
There's nothing to disect or bisect about Michael Vick. Plain and simple......He's a low life. People have been looking and awaiting the arrival of Jesus for years, but, Michael Vick found him. I can only wonder who wrote his script. Whoopi Goldberg did not defend Michael Vick. She only offered a possible explanation why he did what he did but we're all too smart for that. We know Vick is a low life, or actually, lower than life. I'm sure the race card will come up as it usually does. Poor me, I'm black, it's the fault of all you white guys.
Soooooooooooo, let's get down to some honesty here. Michael Vick is a low life and it doesn't matter what color you are. Anyone who does what he did deserves the utmost sentence possible. Hopefully, he goes to jail for a nice, long period of time. When he comes out he should be forced to do community service by cleaning, grooming and "caring" for animals. All animals not just dogs. And maybe, just maybe, when they look into his eyes with that forlorn, lost, take-me-home look, just once, maybe Michael Vick will feel humility. Maybe just once in his life he'll feel compassion, if he has any. Maybe just once he'll see the love. Maybe just once he'll realize that Michael Vick is..............................a low life.
0

Chickie329, on Oct 3 2007, 10:57 PM, said:

There's nothing to disect or bisect about Michael Vick. Plain and simple......He's a low life. People have been looking and awaiting the arrival of Jesus for years, but, Michael Vick found him. I can only wonder who wrote his script. Whoopi Goldberg did not defend Michael Vick. She only offered a possible explanation why he did what he did but we're all too smart for that. We know Vick is a low life, or actually, lower than life. I'm sure the race card will come up as it usually does. Poor me, I'm black, it's the fault of all you white guys.
Soooooooooooo, let's get down to some honesty here. Michael Vick is a low life and it doesn't matter what color you are. Anyone who does what he did deserves the utmost sentence possible. Hopefully, he goes to jail for a nice, long period of time. When he comes out he should be forced to do community service by cleaning, grooming and "caring" for animals. All animals not just dogs. And maybe, just maybe, when they look into his eyes with that forlorn, lost, take-me-home look, just once, maybe Michael Vick will feel humility. Maybe just once in his life he'll feel compassion, if he has any. Maybe just once he'll see the love. Maybe just once he'll realize that Michael Vick is..............................a low life.



I wish, Chickie329. I wish. The good thing out of all of this is it looks like most of the dogs he abused will be up for adoption and given a second chance. Which Vick doesn't deserve. I don't think any monster who participated in what he did would care. He'd probably look to adopt one and use it as bait for his next ring of dogs.

Thank you for posting on my blog. I hope you come back. I hope he finds what you suggested. And you are dead on with the colour issue. You did a very good post and I hope to hear more from you.
0
Page 1 of 1

Be Yourself. Everyone is already taken.

http://img.photobuck.../Dsc00535-1.jpgI know when the Spirit of God is there, animals are the first ones to mellow out."If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers, 1897-1935"The poor dog, in life the firmest friend,The first to welcome, foremost to defend,Whose honest heart is still the master's own,Who labours, fights, lives, breathes for him alone,Unhonour'd falls, unnoticed all his worth,Denied in heaven the soul he held on earth,While man, vain insect hopes to be forgiven,And claims himself a sole exclusive heaven."Lord Byron Inscription on the monument of his Newfoundland dog, 1808" He is your friend, your partner,your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He willbe yours, faithful and true, to the last beatof his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy ofsuch devotion." Unknown

The Nauseatingly Cute Section

Links

Help Support Rightnation.US!Click HERE!Visit our store!Click HERE to shop!

0 user(s) viewing

0 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays