RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Things the NeverTrumpers must believe (in no particular order) - RightNation.US

Things the NeverTrumpers must believe (in no particular order) Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   corporal_little 

• What is your major malfunction....
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 26 May 2019 - 07:14 PM

View PostGrimV, on 26 May 2019 - 09:54 AM, said:

Ooh, can I play?

I’ve always loved False Dichotomies. Here’s a few favorites: “If you didn’t vote for Obama you’re a foaming racist who clearly hates black people”.

“If you didn’t vote for Hillary you don’t support women’s rights”.

“If you don’t support kneeling football players you obviously hate Puerto Ricans”. (heard that one at work last year...and yeah, “WTF”? I work in Boulder, so you can imagine the stupid sh*t that comes out of those people’s mouths)

“If you didn’t spit on returning Vietnam vets you clearly approved of the My Lai massacre”.

“If you don’t support tax increases you obviously want a world filled with uneducated children”.

“If you think ‘Loading the Dishwasher’ means getting your wife drunk, you might be a redneck”.

Point being, if your opening salvo is a logical fallacy, you’ve already lost the argument.

Absolutely agree with you here.

#22 User is offline   That_Guy 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 26 May 2019 - 07:46 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 26 May 2019 - 05:33 PM, said:

If I assume that every vote for Johnson was a #NeverTrump vote and every vote for Stein or Sanders was a #NeverHillary vote and give those votes back to either Trump or Hillary

You would be making a mistake.

I would presume that most if not all were from #NeverTrumpers

You would be making a mistake again.

#23 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 26 May 2019 - 08:14 PM

View PostThat_Guy, on 26 May 2019 - 07:46 PM, said:

You would be making a mistake.

You would be making a mistake again.

Not necessarily. It was an assumption for the sake of making a point. Point being that the #NeverTrumpers not voting for Trump didn't necessarily make a difference.

Yes, of course, not EVERY SINGLE Johnson voter was a #NeverTrumper. Nor was EVERY SINGLE vote for Stein necessarily a #NeverHillary vote.

But... point being... even if I assume that they were, it STILL wouldn't have made a difference.

For the record, though: I know several #NeverTrumpers. They all voted for Johnson. Most well-known being probably Erick Erickson (Formerly of RedState but now on WSB radio out of Atlanta.)(Though he's since said that he WILL vote for Trump in '20). I also know several Stein voters; they could ALL be described as #NeverHillary.

#24 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 26 May 2019 - 08:19 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 26 May 2019 - 08:14 PM, said:

Not necessarily. It was an assumption for the sake of making a point. Point being that the #NeverTrumpers not voting for Trump didn't necessarily make a difference.

Yes, of course, not EVERY SINGLE Johnson voter was a #NeverTrumper. Nor was EVERY SINGLE vote for Stein necessarily a #NeverHillary vote.

But... point being... even if I assume that they were, it STILL wouldn't have made a difference.

For the record, though: I know several #NeverTrumpers. They all voted for Johnson. Most well-known being probably Erick Erickson (Formerly of RedState but now on WSB radio out of Atlanta.)(Though he's since said that he WILL vote for Trump in '20). I also know several Stein voters; they could ALL be described as #NeverHillary.

You made a reasonable assumption. TG is just being his usual ass.

#25 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 27 May 2019 - 07:52 AM

View PostSquirrel, on 26 May 2019 - 01:50 PM, said:

FYI- still your president

Snap!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic