RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Rush Drummer Neal Peart Dead at 67 - RightNation.US

Rush Drummer Neal Peart Dead at 67 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Weaseljd 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 11 January 2020 - 11:58 AM

Surprised no one posted this yet:

Neil Peart, the legendary drummer for the popular Canadian rock trio Rush, has died at age 67, the band announced Friday.

Peart died on Tuesday in Santa Monica, Calif., after battling brain cancer, family spokesperson Elliot Mintz said in a statement obtained by Fox News.

A statement posted on the band's official Twitter page said: "It is with broken hearts and the deepest sadness that we must share the terrible news that on Tuesday our friend, soul brother and bandmate of over 45 years, Neil, has lost his incredibly brave three and a half year battle with brain cancer ..."

https://www.foxnews....sh-drummer-dead

My opinion - best rock drummer EVER!

#2 User is online   kestrel 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 11 January 2020 - 12:08 PM

yep best rock drummer I know of..and I did post about it last night but it never showed up..don't know why??
Kestrel...

#3 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 11 January 2020 - 12:20 PM

View PostWeaseljd, on 11 January 2020 - 11:58 AM, said:

Surprised no one posted this yet:

Actually it's been posted twice - First in the "Celebrity Deaths" thread. Then in a separate thread which the mods merged into the "CD" thread. I have a hunch that's where this one will eventually wind up too.

B)

#4 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 11 January 2020 - 07:44 PM

RIP.

Don't know much about Peart; I take everyone's word that he was a ace. Never a "Rush" fan, lead singer Geddy Lee's high-pitched voice always grated on me, like fingers on a chalkboard.

Sorry. That's just *ME*. If tenors/baritones like Gilmour or Waters from Pink Floyd had done EXACTLY the same songs I'd likely have been a fan.

#5 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 12 January 2020 - 12:55 AM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 11 January 2020 - 07:44 PM, said:

RIP.

Don't know much about Peart; I take everyone's word that he was a ace. Never a "Rush" fan, lead singer Geddy Lee's high-pitched voice always grated on me, like fingers on a chalkboard.

Sorry. That's just *ME*. If tenors/baritones like Gilmour or Waters from Pink Floyd had done EXACTLY the same songs I'd likely have been a fan.

You missed out.

There is not a damned thing wrong with Geddy Lee's voice.

#6 User is offline   Italian Biker 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 12 January 2020 - 06:26 PM

RIP.

I know I will get hated for this, but IMO, there are some things Rush played that Pink Floyd would not have been capable of playing note for note.

#7 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 12 January 2020 - 07:13 PM

View PostRock N, on 12 January 2020 - 12:55 AM, said:

You missed out.

There is not a damned thing wrong with Geddy Lee's voice.

Dean did not say there was anything wrong with Leeís, just that he did not like it. Same here. Just do not like his voice.

#8 User is offline   AntiObama 

• <no title>

Posted 12 January 2020 - 09:28 PM

I have a seen Rush quite a few times and it goes back to the Moving Pictures tour when they played at the Hampton Coliseum when I was in the Navy in Norfolk, VA.

What an amazing band and Neil Peart is one of my favorite drummer of all time and will be missed by me and millions of his fans. Thank you Neil for all those awesome beats.

#9 User is online   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 13 January 2020 - 05:42 AM

View PostItalian Biker, on 12 January 2020 - 06:26 PM, said:

I know I will get hated for this, but IMO, there are some things Rush played that Pink Floyd would not have been capable of playing note for note.

Throw me in the hate pile...never liked Floyd.

#10 User is offline   Tea Party Hooligan 

• I kick puppies

Posted 13 January 2020 - 10:52 AM

View PostAntiObama, on 12 January 2020 - 09:28 PM, said:

I have a seen Rush quite a few times and it goes back to the Moving Pictures tour when they played at the Hampton Coliseum when I was in the Navy in Norfolk, VA.

What an amazing band and Neil Peart is one of my favorite drummer of all time and will be missed by me and millions of his fans. Thank you Neil for all those awesome beats.

Farewell to Kings was my first Rush concert, but I think we may have been at the same show at the Hampton Coliseum, back when I was in the Army stationed at Ft. Eustis.

Without any doubt, Neal was the absolute best drummer in Prog Rock. He was, also, the lyricist for the band.

#11 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 13 January 2020 - 12:24 PM

View PostJerryL, on 13 January 2020 - 05:42 AM, said:

Throw me in the hate pile...never liked Floyd.

:o

I can't pretend to like everything P Floyd ever did (hate "The Wall", for example.) But "Dark Side of the Moon" and "Wish You Were Here" are two of the greatest albums ever recorded by anybody.

B)

#12 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 13 January 2020 - 12:46 PM

View PostTea Party Hooligan, on 13 January 2020 - 10:52 AM, said:

Farewell to Kings was my first Rush concert, but I think we may have been at the same show at the Hampton Coliseum, back when I was in the Army stationed at Ft. Eustis.

Without any doubt, Neal was the absolute best drummer in Prog Rock. He was, also, the lyricist for the band.

Which means he was best paid, as well.

Very uncommon that the drummer is the principal song writer.

#13 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>

Posted 13 January 2020 - 12:59 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 13 January 2020 - 12:24 PM, said:

I can't pretend to like everything P Floyd ever did (hate "The Wall", for example.) But "Dark Side of the Moon" and "Wish You Were Here" are two of the greatest albums ever recorded by anybody.

B)

Everything is subjective but *wince* I confess that I don't care for Pink Floyd either. Maybe I was overexposed growing up but I just can't listen to that anymore. Same goes for the Doors. That moody <censored> just isn't for me.

#14 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 13 January 2020 - 03:35 PM

Now I have in my head David Gilmour singing Spirit of Radio set to the mood of Comfortably Numb.

#15 User is online   kestrel 

• <no title>

Posted 13 January 2020 - 04:29 PM

B)

I really liked Meddle Too! ( I have a memory of being in the effing jungle and trying to keep the rain off me and Doggo and being so sick from some infection I got from a wound from hitting myself in the face with my M-16 that I actually could hear this song all night long some kind of delirium I guess but I was warm and happy for a little while:)
Kestrel...

#16 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!

Posted 13 January 2020 - 04:45 PM

B)

Thatís right...I know Iíve said this before but Iíll say it again....I saw Pink Floyd do DSOTM twice...Once in 1972 and then in 1973....Iíve been to lot of concerts in my life and those were 2 of the best

An absolutely unbelievable band in concert

#17 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 13 January 2020 - 05:32 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 13 January 2020 - 12:59 PM, said:

Everything is subjective but *wince* I confess that I don't care for Pink Floyd either. Maybe I was overexposed growing up but I just can't listen to that anymore. Same goes for the Doors. That moody <censored> just isn't for me.

Yup, it's all subjective. Me, I love the Doors too.

:yes:

View Postkestrel, on 13 January 2020 - 04:29 PM, said:

I really liked Meddle Too! ( I have a memory of being in the effing jungle and trying to keep the rain off me and Doggo and being so sick from some infection I got from a wound from hitting myself in the face with my M-16 that I actually could hear this song all night long some kind of delirium I guess but I was warm and happy for a little while:)
Kestrel...

Ummagumma's good too. And their first-ever album "Piper at the Gates of Dawn". I liked all their early stuff (i.e. before "Wall".)

View Postfirecoco, on 13 January 2020 - 04:45 PM, said:

Thatís right...I know Iíve said this before but Iíll say it again....I saw Pink Floyd do DSOTM twice...Once in 1972 and then in 1973....Iíve been to lot of concerts in my life and those were 2 of the best

An absolutely unbelievable band in concert

Yup, I've seen 'em in concert a couple times too, though I don't remember the specific years. GREAT concert band.

B)

#18 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>

Posted 13 January 2020 - 05:33 PM

RIP.

De mortuis nil nisi bonum, but Rush and Neil (RIP) do nothing for me, and I am a rock/prog fan. Both overrated for me.

#19 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>

Posted 13 January 2020 - 05:35 PM

Rushers will hate me, conversely I don't see Rush creating masterpieces like Dark Side or Wish You Were Here or The Wall, or even an Atom or Ummagumma.

#20 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>

Posted 13 January 2020 - 05:39 PM

B)

Amen.

View PostMagic Rat, on 13 January 2020 - 12:59 PM, said:

Love (most of) Floyd, and The Doors.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users