RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Electric Car-Owners Shocked - RightNation.US

Electric Car-Owners Shocked New Study Confirms EVs Considerably Worse For Climate Than Diesel Cars Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 12 June 2019 - 05:29 AM

View PostSeverian, on 10 June 2019 - 01:50 PM, said:

And if CO2 actually mattered that would mean something. What matters more is the horrific toxic pollution in China and other non-Western countries where rare earth metals and lithium are mined and processed.

The sad thing is that China is responsible for the toxic pollution in many of the "other non-Western" countries, as well. This is particularly true in Africa where they do sweetheart deals with corrupt or cash strapped (or both) regimes to build a brand new "administrative city" for the government, or an airport, or some such thing and then the government lets them come in and extract the resources. The resources are extracted by the Chinese for the Chinese and the host nation is left a huge mess and no lasting development for the population.

O/T but for other pollutions, like plastics, we are better than almost anywhere else in the world. Our beaches are cleaner, our water is cleaner, our regulations are tighter. When countries like China are raping the planet and some SJW wants me to give up a plastic straw (when there is 0 chance my plastic straw will end up in the ocean) makes me want to slap their smug, entitled, pampered little faces. :rantoff:

#22 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 12 June 2019 - 09:08 AM

View PostJerryL, on 12 June 2019 - 05:29 AM, said:

The sad thing is that China is responsible for the toxic pollution in many of the "other non-Western" countries, as well. This is particularly true in Africa where they do sweetheart deals with corrupt or cash strapped (or both) regimes to build a brand new "administrative city" for the government, or an airport, or some such thing and then the government lets them come in and extract the resources. The resources are extracted by the Chinese for the Chinese and the host nation is left a huge mess and no lasting development for the population.

O/T but for other pollutions, like plastics, we are better than almost anywhere else in the world. Our beaches are cleaner, our water is cleaner, our regulations are tighter. When countries like China are raping the planet and some SJW wants me to give up a plastic straw (when there is 0 chance my plastic straw will end up in the ocean) makes me want to slap their smug, entitled, pampered little faces. :rantoff:

Exactly, China is getting their hooks into a lot of countries exactly this way, and leaving them the crap and pollution. As for the US being better, we used to decommission ships here, and the environmental nuts forced this to stop over "pollution" worries, so they now do it in India, with no concern about it. The area where they do this is hideously polluted, life expectancies of the workers sucks. And now that there are some minor controls about this being implemented in India, the business is moving to Bangladesh, where there are no controls again.

CO2 is not and never will be "pollution" but it is a handy dandy way to destroy economies.

#23 User is offline   Stevonidas 

• RIP 1955-2011
  • Group: Silver

Posted 15 June 2019 - 07:44 PM

The reality is, in addition to the CO2 emissions generated in mining the raw materials for the production of electric vehicles, all EU countries generate significant CO2 emissions from charging the vehicles' batteries using dirty power plants.

I have been saying, no, SCREAMING this for years. Unless your car charger is powered by solar panels, you're putting extra strain on the power grid. The end result is even greater net emissions.

#24 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 15 June 2019 - 08:34 PM

View PostJerryL, on 12 June 2019 - 05:29 AM, said:

View PostSeverian, on 12 June 2019 - 09:08 AM, said:

Exactly, China is getting their hooks into a lot of countries exactly this way, and leaving them the crap and pollution. As for the US being better, we used to decommission ships here, and the environmental nuts forced this to stop over "pollution" worries, so they now do it in India, with no concern about it. The area where they do this is hideously polluted, life expectancies of the workers sucks. And now that there are some minor controls about this being implemented in India, the business is moving to Bangladesh, where there are no controls again.

CO2 is not and never will be "pollution" but it is a handy dandy way to destroy economies.

:clap: well said gentlemen

But the media doesn't report this. So those who live and die by what is spoon-fed them remain ignorant of these inconvenient details.

What I find sad is that we find ourselves having to reveal these truths to otherwise reasonably-intelligent people for the first time, when they should know better.

Among the more common responses in such discussions is the tendency for them to turn it personal with the limp accusation: "So you think its ok for us to continue polluting the environment then? This is the same argument 'you peoplele' used against the Clean Air Act and Clean Water Act!" :eyeroll:

This post has been edited by Howsithangin: 15 June 2019 - 08:42 PM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users