RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Plane Turns Around After Mom Realizes She Left Baby At Airport - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Plane Turns Around After Mom Realizes She Left Baby At Airport Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:16 PM

Plane Turns Around After Mom Realizes She Left Baby At Airport

New York Post
By Natalie Musumeci
March 12, 2019 | 12:10pm

Excerpt:

A Malaysia-bound plane made a U-turn for a frantic passenger who realized that she forgot her baby back at the airport in Saudi Arabia, according to reports.

The pilot of Saudi Arabian Airlines Flight SV832 made the rare request to air traffic controllers shortly after takeoff, when the passenger told crew members that she had left her child at the terminal in Jeddah, Gulf News reported.

May God be with us. Can we come back [to King Abdulaziz International Airport]? the pilot can be heard asking air traffic controllers, according to an online video, the news outlet reported.

This flight is requesting to come back, the pilot then tells a colleague. A passenger forgot her baby in the waiting area, the poor thing.

*snip*

Full Story

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:23 PM

???

How is that possible?? I mean that seriously. It simply doesn't compute in my mind how any mother could "forget" her baby and leave it behind. I could no more "forget" my grandson and "accidentally" leave him behind somewhere than I could "forget" my leg.

:wacko:

#3 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:47 PM

She has my nomination for Mother of the Year.

#4 User is offline   Mrdirt73 

• Not everyone gets to be an astronaut when they grow up.

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:53 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 12 March 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

???

How is that possible?? I mean that seriously. It simply doesn't compute in my mind how any mother could "forget" her baby and leave it behind. I could no more "forget" my grandson and "accidentally" leave him behind somewhere than I could "forget" my leg.

I agree. I've never understood how parents can leave their baby in a hot car either though, and that happens all the time.

#5 User is offline   spt 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 12 March 2019 - 04:38 PM

I worked with a lady that had a baby and she was so concerned about leaving her baby that she made sure the baby was the first thing in or out of the car. One day at the grocery store she was anxious and put the baby in the car and drove off leaving over $100 worth of groceries sitting in the parking lot. She said that was ok at least she didn't forget her baby.

#6 User is online   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:15 PM

I am speechless. As a dad of three (ages 20,18 and 7) I still find myself making sure my 20 and 18 year old are in the car when they are supposed to be. My seven year old I don't even like to let out of my sight unless there are trusted adults near by or he is in the house. AS SOMEONE WHO HAS TRAVELED INTERNATIONALLY WITH LITTLE TO NO SLEEP FOR 24,30+ hours I am at a total loss. My wife has traveled numerous times WITH OUT DAUGHTERS when they where 3 and an infant by herself and this has never even happened. Maybe I am just paranoid, but I find myself checking for my phone and wallet even when I am in unfamiliar places much less constant scanning to make sure everyone is accounted for in my group. ESPECIALLY SMALL KIDS!

Oki

#7 User is online   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:54 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 12 March 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

???

Wrap em up in bedsheets like their moms, and they just look like something left rumpled on the furniture. Its not like women that send their sons off to jihad actually have any mothering instinct. She was going to be in trouble and get a beating for not delivering the little bomber to training camp at the right age.

#8 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:52 PM

I'm not going to elaborate on my experience, but I am going to say, often, after childbirth, a woman's hormones just go crazy. There was more than one time that I forgot that I had a baby weeks earlier. I never left a baby at the airport, but I did forget a baby in the car, in the garage. I am ashamed and it is difficult to admit, because I believe I was a caring, good, mother. But if you've never experienced post partum depression or chemical brain alterations because of hormones, you are lucky.

#9 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:45 AM

View PostWag-a-Muffin (D), on 12 March 2019 - 10:52 PM, said:

I'm not going to elaborate on my experience, but I am going to say, often, after childbirth, a woman's hormones just go crazy. There was more than one time that I forgot that I had a baby weeks earlier. I never left a baby at the airport, but I did forget a baby in the car, in the garage. I am ashamed and it is difficult to admit, because I believe I was a caring, good, mother. But if you've never experienced post partum depression or chemical brain alterations because of hormones, you are lucky.

This. And how many other children did she have traveling with her? Maybe she thought someone else had the baby? Ill cut her some slack, even though this is pretty extreme.

#10 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:55 AM

Fair enough. Obviously I've never been a mother, LOL, but even as a man I've never fathered any children either. My grandson is actually my girlfriend's blood-grandson, and no literal relation of mine. I'm just apparently the only male adult in his life who cares for him just like a grandson, so he loves me and considers me his grandfather (his "Boppaw".)

And he only actually lived here with me in my apt for about a year & a half. So any pretense on my part that "I know all about" raising children would be a bald-faced lie.

B)

#11 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>

Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:34 AM

Thank you for sharing and showing how it can be possible in some of these cases. I am sure on top of PPD, and the hormones, you were probably physically and mentally exhausted as well (I know my wife was for a while after each pregnancy).

Not to beat on this lady more than necessary, but I can see forgetting the child in the car in the garage because you are exhausted, etc. But she had the baby with her at the airport which then makes it hard for me to picture how she could have not seen the baby as she got up and walked on the plane. It should have literally been right beside her, on her lap or directly in front of her. The entire build up to flying you think about how you are going to stow the stroller, or hold the baby on your lap. To get on the plane after walking right past your baby which was never more than 2 feet away from you is bizarre.

#12 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:29 AM

View Postzurg, on 13 March 2019 - 11:45 AM, said:

This. And how many other children did she have traveling with her? Maybe she thought someone else had the baby? Ill cut her some slack, even though this is pretty extreme.

Rushing around in a busy airport. I could see that happening if she and her husband had a bunch of kids. Its the quiet ones that get overlooked.
I agree, it is pretty extreme.

#13 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:35 PM

View PostLadybird, on 14 March 2019 - 08:29 AM, said:

Rushing around in a busy airport. I could see that happening if she and her husband had a bunch of kids. Its the quiet ones that get overlooked.
I agree, it is pretty extreme.

As one who whose soul claim to parenting experience stems from John Hughes movies, you certainly would be the expert.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users