RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Time to Admit Defeat, Dems: Anti-Gun, Lefty News Outlet - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Time to Admit Defeat, Dems: Anti-Gun, Lefty News Outlet Admits Gun Control Bill Is a Flop Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:07 AM

Time to Admit Defeat, Dems: Anti-Gun, Lefty News Outlet Admits Gun Control Bill Is a Flop

Townhall
Beth Baumann
Jan 14, 2019 9:20 PM

excerpt:

For years, gun right advocates have said universal background checks are a failure. We've made it very clear that the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) has failed time and time again because states fail to report 100 percent of their criminal convictions to the FBI. Expanding a failed system isn't going to suddenly make it work better. If anything, it's just going to expand its failure.

In a rather shocking turn of events, the super leftist news outlet Vox admitted universal background checks are a failure...and Democrats need to move on.

From Vox (emphasis mine):

Congressional Democrats on Tuesday introduced a bill that would move toward universal background checks — legislation that, while unlikely to make it through the Senate, signals that Democrats are putting guns at the forefront of their agenda.

But a growing body of research suggests that comprehensive background checks alone won’t do much, if anything, to combat gun violence in America.

For years, the proposal — for universal or comprehensive background checks — has been the top item on gun control advocates’ wishlist. It polls extremely well among gun owners, people who don’t own guns, Democrats, Republicans — basically everyone. And it certainly makes sense: If there’s a loophole that potentially lets criminals get guns, why not close it?

But several studies released in the past year now suggest that enacting comprehensive background checks alone would have a very limited effect on US gun deaths, whether homicides or suicides.

Vox even cited a study conducted by the Violence Prevention Research Program (VPRP) at UC Davis and the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health to determine the impact California's gun control laws have had on homicide and suicide rates over the last 10 years .The result? The Golden State's gun control laws had absolutely no impact. Nothing changed.

The ironic part is the outlet tried spinning the study to say it's the implementation – not the background check system itself – that's the problem.

The argument that Webster and other researchers are now putting forward is not that background checks don’t work at all. But the way these policies have traditionally been implemented aren’t working as well as supporters would hope. And even if background checks can act as a foundation for other changes, the evidence increasingly suggests that other policies — such as a system that requires a license to buy a gun — may be necessary to really tackle America’s gun violence problem.

Requiring a license to buy a gun is moronic. You know why? Because all they're going to do is create a piece of paper for you to carry that's issued based on NICS. It's basically what a CCW does. And guess where the information comes from? You guessed it...NICS.

But, it's interesting to hear them say what gun owners have been screaming about for years.

*SNIP*

Gun rights advocates have talked about this for so long. That's why the National Rifle Association and the National Shooting Sports Foundation came out in favor of the Fix NIS bill during the last Congress, which would have required semi-annual submissions of convictions. If the bill would have passed, we would have seen a more complete system.

**SNIP**

LINK

Doesn't matter. The "gun control" crowd has never been about safety or crime prevention. One of the latest examples:

Virginia's Democratic Governor's Anti-Gun Package Is Straight-Up Confiscation

#2 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:50 AM

The question is what did vox recommend next? We need to lose our guns to save them from us?

#3 User is offline   Currahee! 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:35 AM

Guns? What guns? Oh THOSE guns.....they fell off the back of my turnip truck....see....about a year ago.

#4 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:54 AM

View PostCurrahee!, on 15 January 2019 - 08:35 AM, said:

Guns? What guns? Oh THOSE guns.....they fell off the back of my turnip truck....see....about a year ago.

I lost mine in the fire.

#5 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:20 AM

View Posterp, on 15 January 2019 - 08:54 AM, said:

I lost mine in the fire.

Santa decided to take mine back and give them to some didn' Du Nuffin' Dem voters in Chicago.

Oki

#6 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:13 AM

Sometimes I have a difficult time understanding progressive logic. If prohibition wasn't successful in controlling the consumption of alcohol, what makes them believe gun control will get rid of gun violence?

#7 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:03 AM

View PostWag-a-Muffin (D), on 15 January 2019 - 10:13 AM, said:

"...progressive logic..."

Well there's your problem right there: "Progressive logic" is an oxymoron. There just ain't no such animal.

B)

#8 User is offline   mjperry51 

• My Brain Hurts!!
  • Group: Silver

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:41 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 15 January 2019 - 11:03 AM, said:

Well there's your problem right there: "Progressive logic" is an oxymoron. There just ain't no such animal.

B)

A contradiction in terms - like jumbo shrimp. . . .

#9 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:51 AM

View Postmjperry51, on 15 January 2019 - 11:41 AM, said:

A contradiction in terms - like jumbo shrimp. . . .

Like "Awful Good"

Or "Alone Together"

Or "Honest Democrat"

;)

#10 User is offline   Tea Party Hooligan 

• I kick puppies
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:40 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 15 January 2019 - 11:51 AM, said:

Like "Awful Good"

Or "Alone Together"

Or "Honest Democrat"

;)

Or, as my sister used to say "shut up and tell me!"

#11 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:24 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 15 January 2019 - 11:51 AM, said:

Like "Awful Good"

Or "Alone Together"

Or "Honest Democrat"

;)

Let's not forget:

Gentle Savage
Value or Econo size

Or....
Can someone please explain to me why it's called Light Beer and Diet Soda?
I mean, they sell 'Light Beer' under the guess that's it lower in calories and better for watching your weight, while Soda is sold under the guess of having less sugar and a lighter taste.
Doesn't Diet Beer and Light Soda make more sense? Don't really care for either, but just saying...

Oki

#12 User is offline   usapatriot 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:06 PM

The vast majority of all gun control laws are the drip, drip, drip towards gun confiscation. There shouldn't be ANY gun control laws for law-abiding citizens. Gun control laws limiting those with criminal records for owning a gun are fine as long as it doesn't present an undue hardship on law-abiding citizens to buy, sell or own a gun.

#13 User is offline   baldeagle 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 16 January 2019 - 11:22 AM

How about this;
"Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms", should be a convenience store chain, not a government entity.

#14 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:22 PM

View Postbaldeagle, on 16 January 2019 - 11:22 AM, said:

How about this;
"Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms", should be a convenience store chain, not a government entity.

:2up:

#15 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:27 PM

View PostWag-a-Muffin (D), on 15 January 2019 - 10:13 AM, said:

...progressive logic...

These two words are mutually exclusive.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic