RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Donated Organs Should Go To US Residents Before Illegal Immigrants, - RightNation.US

Donated Organs Should Go To US Residents Before Illegal Immigrants, Says New GOP Bill Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• 1.4% Neanderthal
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:18 PM

Donated Organs Should Go To US Residents Before Illegal Immigrants, Says New GOP Bill

Washington Examiner
Pete Kasperowicz
16 April 2018

Excerpt:

Rep. Bill Posey, R-Fla., has introduced legislation that would give legal U.S. residents preferred status over illegal immigrants when it comes to receiving donated organs.

Posey's bill, which was filed on Friday, would amend the Public Health Service Act to "give preference to individuals who are lawfully present in the United States over individuals who are unlawfully present in the United States."

An aide to Posey said that means illegal residents could still apply to receive donated organs, but "will not receive organs until all legal residents have been satisfied."

The aide said Posey introduced the bill after a constituent raised the issue after an experience involving transplanted organs.

"Rep. Posey believes it's a question of fairness to Americans and legal residents who have been on the list waiting for an organ transplant," the aide said.

*snip*

Full Story

#2 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:46 PM

Thatís a policy decision thatís best left to medical professionals and ethics boards of hospitals.

#3 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:47 PM

The sad part is that something this obvious even needs a "bill".

:hairpull:

#4 User is offline   LongKnife 

• Don't start none, won't be none.
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:54 PM

View PostLadybird, on 16 April 2018 - 03:46 PM, said:

Thatís a policy decision thatís best left to medical professionals and ethics boards of hospitals.

Unless it's your loved one that needs the organ.

#5 User is offline   SARGE 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:57 PM

Bullschidt!

#6 User is offline   tonguezilla 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:07 PM

And those who are PAYING THE BILLS have NO say eh?????
Move to Mexico already.

#7 User is offline   USNJIMRET 

• Rule 1:The Chief is right Rule 2:If in doubt, check Rule 1
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:43 PM

That's a policy decision that's best left to medical professionals and ethics boards of hospitals.

And if it were YOU who wasn't going to get a needed transplant, all other things besides legal status being equal, you would be OK knowing someone else lives and you don't?
Or are you one of those who will say "Yes", being fairly certain you will never actually face such a decision?

#8 User is online   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:56 PM

That's a policy decision that's best left to medical professionals and ethics boards of hospitals.

Why is that a policy decision left to a local group? Does the government not have responsibility of paying for healthcare in our system? If that's the case then illegals using FREE medical systems WE provide need to go to the back of the line.

#9 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:10 PM

View PostUSNJIMRET, on 16 April 2018 - 04:43 PM, said:

And if it were YOU who wasn't going to get a needed transplant, all other things besides legal status being equal, you would be OK knowing someone else lives and you don't?
Or are you one of those who will say "Yes", being fairly certain you will never actually face such a decision?

Yes. I don't think my life is worth more than someone else simply because of their immigration status. I'd have more of an issue with a liver being given to a chronic alcoholic that refuses to stop drinking instead me.

Is this really a huge problem? The sponsor said one of his constituents complained. Was it someone waiting for a transplant? Is it a big enough problem that we need to have a hard and fast rule enacted that overrules the decisions of medical professionals?

The story that was linked about wealthy foreigners jumping ahead of the line wouldn't be addressed by Posey's bill because they entered legally.

#10 User is online   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:22 PM

View PostLadybird, on 16 April 2018 - 05:10 PM, said:

Yes. I don't think my life is worth more than someone else simply because of their immigration status. I'd have more of an issue with a liver being given to a chronic alcoholic that refuses to stop drinking instead me.

Is this really a huge problem? The sponsor said one of his constituents complained. Was it someone waiting for a transplant? Is it a big enough problem that we need to have a hard and fast rule enacted that overrules the decisions of medical professionals?

The story that was linked about wealthy foreigners jumping ahead of the line wouldn't be addressed by Posey's bill because they entered legally.

Guess what? Being a citizen of a country SHOULD mean more than just the fact you pay taxes to it while others live off of your tax dollars, or should I say Dolares?

Oh and by the way, in Mexico all citizens are now transplant donors, they have to specifically opt out of the program. We may be going over there if the law allows to get transplants since their government is now running a body chop shop.

This post has been edited by Taggart Transcontinental: 16 April 2018 - 05:24 PM

#11 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:24 PM

That’s a policy decision that’s best left to medical professionals and ethics boards of hospitals.

No, it's NOT.

And you should be careful what you wish for, because the hospitals, medical professionals and "ethics" boards will always favor those who have the most MONEY.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 16 April 2018 - 05:30 PM

#12 User is offline   Timothy 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:43 PM

I couldn't agree more.

Also there is little reason to believe that illegal immigrants are more likely to be recipients than donors. Or that the presence of illegal immigrants will make it any less harder or easier for anyone else to get an organ.

If anyone wonders why people accuse many opponents of illegal immigrants of being bigots, it's sh*t like this where they drag immigration status into something that has nothing to do with immigration status. It is mean spirited, pure and simple.

#13 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:43 PM

Tip for being a successful pot dealer: Don't smoke your product.

#14 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:45 PM

View PostTimothy, on 16 April 2018 - 05:43 PM, said:

I couldn't agree more.

Also there is little reason to believe that illegal immigrants are more likely to be recipients than donors. Or that the presence of illegal immigrants will make it any less harder or easier for anyone else to get an organ.

If anyone wonders why people accuse many opponents of illegal immigrants of being bigots, it's sh*t like this where they drag immigration status into something that has nothing to do with immigration status. It is mean spirited, pure and simple.

:biglaugh:

#15 User is online   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:57 PM

I couldn't agree more.

Out of the fourth point of contact with this nonsense. If you were a cop you would realize that Hispanic specially illegals in this country are a major portion of our drunk driving calls. In fact I have had 2 this year. A guatemalan woman and a mexican man. IN fact those were the ONLY 2 DUI's I have dealt with so far this year.

#16 User is offline   gravelrash 

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:12 PM

I couldn't agree more.

Illegals are granted access to emergency rooms, driver's licenses, in-state tuition rates, full-ride scholarships. Why not organ transplants? Why stop the benny-train?

As for wealthy foreigners getting access to transplants? Yes, that is true. Cuba spent millions to fly Fidel Castro to Spain for quality, private care rather than subject him to Cuba's communist system.

#17 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• I'm dethpicable
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:16 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 16 April 2018 - 03:47 PM, said:

The sad part is that something this obvious even needs a "bill".

:hairpull:

Bingo

#18 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:23 PM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 16 April 2018 - 05:57 PM, said:

Out of the fourth point of contact with this nonsense. If you were a cop you would realize that Hispanic specially illegals in this country are a major portion of our drunk driving calls. In fact I have had 2 this year. A guatemalan woman and a mexican man. IN fact those were the ONLY 2 DUI's I have dealt with so far this year.

Sounds like they're destined to be organ donors soon. So, should we refuse the organs donated by illegals too?

#19 User is online   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:26 PM

View PostLadybird, on 16 April 2018 - 06:23 PM, said:

Sounds like they're destined to be organ donors soon. So, should we refuse the organs donated by illegals too?

Would you want their organs? I certainly wouldn't, I don't drink, nor do I engage in other risky activities. And yes we should not accept their organs. Are they suddenly someone we should be harvesting?

#20 User is offline   gravelrash 

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:57 PM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 16 April 2018 - 06:26 PM, said:

Would you want their organs? I certainly wouldn't, I don't drink, nor do I engage in other risky activities. And yes we should not accept their organs. Are they suddenly someone we should be harvesting?

"My body, my choice" only applies to abortion. The law in many countries dictates that you have to explicitly opt out of organ donation. Even then, if your parts are in demand, the government can sue your family to harvest. Up until the new tax law, you had to pay a "fee" to stay out of 0bamacare.

I used to sign the donation line on my card. I stopped because there is a lot of unethical dealings behind the scenes. I have in my will and written wishes never to donate. If my corpse has anything of value, better believe that there is some jackass lawyer waiting to sue for it.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users