RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Report: Pharmaceutical company pulls ads from Fox News host Laura Ingr - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Report: Pharmaceutical company pulls ads from Fox News host Laura Ingr Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pepperonikkid 

• Trucker
  • Group: Silver

Posted 09 June 2019 - 12:25 AM

Report: Pharmaceutical company pulls ads from Fox News host Laura Ingraham

https://www.conservativeinstitute.org
June 8, 2019

Article:

In the latest example of corporate virtue signaling, Fox News host Laura Ingraham has been reportedly dropped by multinational pharmaceutical corporation Bayer, a top advertiser.

Bayer's ads will no longer appear on Ingraham's show "The Ingraham Angle," or on Tucker Carlson's "Tucker Carlson Tonight," two of the cable news network's most successful primetime opinion shows. Furious fanstook to Twitter to voice their displeasure, some using the #BoycottBayerhashtag.

Bayer out
Left-leaning site ThinkProgress' co-founder Jeff Legum reported on Bayer's decision Thursday in his Popular Information newsletter.

In a tweet announcing the pullout, Legum referred to the German corporation as Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham's "most prominent remaining brand advertiser." However, in a follow-on tweet, Legum notes that "Bayer was Ingraham's #2 overall advertiser this year, running 180 spots. Bayer was Tucker's #5 advertiser."

Fair weather friend

Although it's not exactly clear why the drug manufacturer decided to bail, its public relations staff may have been responding to pressure from Legum, who broadcast the news that Bayer was once again advertising with Carlson after previously pledging to boycott the show earlier this year. The company was one of dozens of advertisers to cut ties with Carlson after liberal activist group Media Matters called attention to audio of the Fox News host making controversial statements on a comedy show years ago.

Full Story

#2 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 09 June 2019 - 06:49 AM

The left can’t win in the arena of ideas, so they need to shut down the ones who can.

But hey, Bayer can do what they like. Given the audience levels of these shows, those ad dollars will be replaced easily enough.

#3 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 09 June 2019 - 07:24 AM

No more Bayer.

#4 User is offline   Oathtaker 

• <no title>

Posted 09 June 2019 - 07:55 AM

Doesn’t Beyer own Monsanto?

They’d do well to advertise as much as possible.

Lots of damages being awarded lately...

#5 User is offline   BootsieBets 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 09 June 2019 - 10:53 AM

View PostOathtaker, on 09 June 2019 - 07:55 AM, said:

Doesn’t Beyer own Monsanto?

They’d do well to advertise as much as possible.

Lots of damages being awarded lately...

Yea, if I were the PR department at Bayer I might be more concerned about the bad publicity I will be getting over the Round Up lawsuits or that their connection to Nazi concentration camp experiments in WW2 is becoming more well known. Geez, Bayer also had a hand in developing chlorine gas in WW1. So, they are not exactly the benign aspirin pushers they would have you believe. Maybe Ingraham and Carlson will be better off in the long run not to be associated with this warmongering faux SJW conglomerate.

This post has been edited by BootsieBets: 09 June 2019 - 10:54 AM

#6 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 09 June 2019 - 10:59 AM

Perhaps Fox needs to do a in-depth expose on Bayer's notorious past? Just in the interest of full disclosure of course.

#7 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 09 June 2019 - 11:48 AM

View PostBootsieBets, on 09 June 2019 - 10:53 AM, said:

Yea, if I were the PR department at Bayer I might be more concerned about the bad publicity I will be getting over the Round Up lawsuits or that their connection to Nazi concentration camp experiments in WW2 is becoming more well known. Geez, Bayer also had a hand in developing chlorine gas in WW1. So, they are not exactly the benign aspirin pushers they would have you believe. Maybe Ingraham and Carlson will be better off in the long run not to be associated with this warmongering faux SJW conglomerate.

It would be a great comeback if Ingraham and Carlson made a statement that they “didn’t wish to have Bayer renew their advertising contract, despite the monetary loss, because they were Nazi supporters”..... and see leftist media heads explode to the point where aspirin won’t help...

#8 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 09 June 2019 - 11:55 AM

I HATE all of those big pharma ads.

I get a many times a day reminder of cancer as if losing both of my parents, friends and other family to it wasn't enough?

And their never ending ads for immune system supressors that do not cure the cause but will increase risks of many deadly diseases?

:insanity: :hairpull:

The feds should have never lifted the ban on these companies advertising to the public!

#9 User is offline   BootsieBets 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 09 June 2019 - 12:10 PM

View PostSeverian, on 09 June 2019 - 10:59 AM, said:

Perhaps Fox needs to do a in-depth expose on Bayer's notorious past? Just in the interest of full disclosure of course.

:yeahthat:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users