RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: What's With the Name Change? - RightNation.US

-----

What's With the Name Change?

So, that election happened. And here's why I haven't posted in the better part of a year:

1. I didn't want Trump as the nominee.

This is no surprise to any of my readers. I reacted to Trump's candidacy the way many conservatives reacted. I didn't think he was serious nor did I think he had a snowball's chance of winning. I thought he was a tomato can for Hillary to beat with ease so she could have a mandate and take back the House and Senate. One of the first pieces I wrote in the election cycle also reflected my disdain for Trump supporters. I thought them uncouth and unsophisticated, which is out of character for me because I have no history of giving a crap about sophistication or couth. All I can say is I couldn't stand Trump, and I wanted my guy, Ted Cruz, to mop the floor with him.

Then I realized that although I may not exactly be wrong about Trump as a man, I might be wrong about his supporters. It got pretty confusing because Trump was not a conservative and his supporters seemed to think he was. Why couldn't I convince them of that? Because there was something more fundamental happening than a contest of ideologies. People were throwing off pretense and virtue signaling and embracing identity.

So I shut my mouth and started reading.

2. I was very busy.

Since I last posted, I picked up a summer school gig, became the Offensive coordinator for my freshman football squad, went on a cross-country Griswold style family vacation to my hometown in Mississippi, and added another section of Advanced Placement US History. Summer school went great. I was able to make enough money so my family and I could meander across the Southwest at a leisurely pace, sampling its finest cuisine--I highly recommend Nexus Brewery in Albuquerque, New Mexico. We spent the 4th of July at my in-laws in Southern Illinois and then spent a week in my hometown, Greenville, Mississippi. My 90 year old grandmother passed away in early August, so it was providential that we got to visit her one last time in July.

Football started off rough. We won our first game by more than thirty points and looked like we were unstoppable before dropping four in a row by similar margins. One was technically a win by forfeit, but we replaced the easy to beat team with one about a dozen payoff divisions above us. Basically science experiments with cleats. In league, however, we were dialed in. I designed an offense that combined spread concepts with sweeps, counters, power pistol and screens. By the time we played our first league opponent, we pretty much had an answer for anything a defense could throw at us. In our one loss, the opposing coach said we were the most physical and hard to stop offense they faced all year. And while that team ended up winning league, we went 4-1 beating teams we had never beaten before. So, my time away from writing about politics and focusing on life really paid off.

3. I'm Re-evaluating What I am.

While I try not to get caught up in labels, I do see why some on the Alt-Right reject the conservative description. If our side's job is to conserve the welfare state and whatever progressive agenda happens to go mainstream, then I want no part of it. I'm a man of the right, as Whitaker Chambers once said. I'm also a man of the West not interested in seeing my civilization and culture take a back seat to any other. Foremost, I'm a Christian who rejects sanitized, feminized religion.

Does this make me Alt-Right? I'm not sure yet, but I've yet to see any problems with The 16 Points that define it. And though I'm not about to throw profanity around like most alt-right writers, I'm done virtue signaling. I've spent most of my life examining my attitudes and thoughts concerning race, so I don't need to shun identity politics anymore. No one else does, so why should the Right?

Let's just say for now that I'm "Hard Right" and we'll go from there.

And does this mean I'm back to blogging on a daily basis? Check back tomorrow and see.

My Mind is Clean

16 Comments On This Entry

Good to see you back. I was hoping to see more of your blogs during the election.

But, what is "virtue signaling?" I've never heard that term before.
Good to see you back, Chris.

Trump was not my choice either. And I follow the Thumper rule of "if you can't say sumpthin' nice--don't say nuthin' at all."

Maybe I should change my title to "Capitalist Muffin Toons?"

moocow, on 10 November 2016 - 01:31 AM, said:

Good to see you back. I was hoping to see more of your blogs during the election.But, what is "virtue signaling?" I've never heard that term before.

It's when you say things so that liberals don't think you're a racist, bigot, or homophobe instead of what's on your mind. It's modifying your opinion based on the premises they create.

Wag-a-Muffin (D), on 10 November 2016 - 08:09 AM, said:

Good to see you back, Chris. Trump was not my choice either. And I follow the Thumper rule of "if you can't say sumpthin' nice--don't say nuthin' at all."Maybe I should change my title to "Capitalist Muffin Toons?"

There you go!

My policy during the whole election cycle was to bury Hillary and say as little about Trump as possible. So, pretty much the Thumper rule but just for Trump. Hillary got the Hunter What Killed Bambi's Mom rule.
Good to see you back. I'd wondered about you. Didn't realize you were from Greenville, for some reason I thought it was further to the south. I grew up not too terribly far north and east of there in Pontotoc.

Mrdirt73, on 10 November 2016 - 10:14 AM, said:

Good to see you back. I'd wondered about you. Didn't realize you were from Greenville, for some reason I thought it was further to the south. I grew up not too terribly far north and east of there in Pontotoc.

We were over in that area quite a bit in July. My aunt lives in Water Valley and my Memaw was in the hospital in Oxford. Gorgeous country even if TSUN happens to squat there.
Nice to see you back, Chris. I stealthily follow you on FB when you do post.

Yep, still a fan no matter what you call yourself.
I appreciate the support. I'll try to live up to it.
I've always understood "virtue signaling" to mean doing all the "proper" things a "good world citizen" is supposed to do-drive a Prius, recycle everything, not wear fur. But not just to DO that stuff, but to ensure all around you are AWARE you are doing the "correct" things-see? Signaling your virtue for the whole world to see. "SEE, WORLD? I'M VIRTUOUS!!!!"

At least, that has been my impression of the term.

Oh, not to hijack your thread, here-welcome back!

swede1962, on 10 November 2016 - 06:54 PM, said:

I've always understood "virtue signaling" to mean doing all the "proper" things a "good world citizen" is supposed to do-drive a Prius, recycle everything, not wear fur. But not just to DO that stuff, but to ensure all around you are AWARE you are doing the "correct" things-see? Signaling your virtue for the whole world to see. "SEE, WORLD? I'M VIRTUOUS!!!!"At least, that has been my impression of the term. Oh, not to hijack your thread, here-welcome back!

That's all definitely part of it. Probably a bigger part. But it's stuff I've ever really done. I have done that thing where you bend over backward to explain why I'm not a racist.
Hmm... maybe things will start falling into their proper place now that you're back.

I can at least hope!
Good to see you back..As to your missive I agree in that we all need to shake off the cultural ooze that tends to stick to the underside of our shoes like societal back yard poodle bombs that we inadvertently trudge thru and in a quiet moment ask ourselves in regards to our "stands" "Is it true?" putting aside whether it is stark or courageous or cresting the the intellectual wave of current thought..The truth.....

Yeshua said "ye shall know it and it will set you free" at any rate welcome back Bro, gonna be interesting :whistling:

Kestrel...

wisefool, on 11 November 2016 - 09:36 AM, said:

Hmm... maybe things will start falling into their proper place now that you're back.I can at least hope!

Or I'm about to stir this pile and send the flies in all directions. Something.

We also might be able to get back to our bi-regular eatings meetings.

kestrel, on 11 November 2016 - 11:51 AM, said:

Good to see you back..As to your missive I agree in that we all need to shake off the cultural ooze that tends to stick to the underside of our shoes like societal back yard poodle bombs that we inadvertently trudge thru and in a quiet moment ask ourselves in regards to our "stands" "Is it true?" putting aside whether it is stark or courageous or cresting the the intellectual wave of current thought..The truth..... Yeshua said "ye shall know it and it will set you free" at any rate welcome back Bro, gonna be interesting :whistling: Kestrel...

I'm just glad I decided long ago not to chase fame or notoriety while doing this. Those who started when I did found themselves locked in as either NeverTrumpers or salty tongued apologists with no time to really think about anything.

Thanks for the welcome back.

Mr. Naron, on 11 November 2016 - 01:47 PM, said:

Hmm... maybe things will start falling into their proper place now that you're back.I can at least hope!
Or I'm about to stir this pile and send the flies in all directions. Something.We also might be able to get back to our bi-regular eatings meetings.

Oh you're not going to on the whole "autism +" thing are you?!

Either way, it's good to see you in print again, and you know me and food - the excuse bar is set very low!

wisefool, on 11 November 2016 - 07:05 PM, said:

Mr. Naron, on 11 November 2016 - 01:47 PM, said:

Or I'm about to stir this pile and send the flies in all directions. Something.We also might be able to get back to our bi-regular eatings meetings.
Oh you're not going to on the whole "autism +" thing are you?!Either way, it's good to see you in print again, and you know me and food - the excuse bar is set very low!

Autism+? Is that what the cucks are calling it? :coolshades:
Page 1 of 1

4 user(s) viewing

4 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Search My Blog

Recent Entries

New Blogroll! And...World's Shortest Movie Reviews

Blog Roll
Ace of Spades
National Review
Got News
RealClearPolitics
ZeroHedge
The Federalist
African American Conservatives
Instapundit

World's Shortest Movie Reviews
American Sniper: Bradly Cooper=Best Actor
The Arroyo: Had a Pureflix feel to the acting, but well shot. Great conservative movie.
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies: As usual, the third installment is the best--having an ending really helped.
The Maze Runner: The perfect metaphor for moving to Detroit.
Dumb and Dumber To: More jokes. Cruder jokes. Someone gets hooked on crack.
Snowpiercer: Joe Biden's idea of heaven. Everyone on the Earth living on a train. Captain America admits he was going to eat Billy Elliot.
Hunger Games: Catching Fire: This is what the world would look like without college football.
Interstellar 2001:A Space Odyssey with a soul. You will get very thirsty, so hydrate before viewing.
When the Game Stands Tall Proves my theory that it's worse when you win.
Guardians of the Galaxy Make a fun adventure movie about space and make a ton of money. Who knew? I mean, besides that Lucas guy.
Blended I don't get the "Billy Madison is genius, Blended is crap" review. It's as good as any other Sandler movie.
Mom's Night Out Hilarious. You will laugh unless you drive a black BMW and watch sunsets at the golf course.
The Amazing Spiderman 2 This series is still better than the Toby McGuire one. I actually cared if Gwen Stacy died.
Odd Thomas I understand the critics who didn't like the uneven tone. Way uneven. Still worth watching on Netflix.
Star Trek Into DarknessGood movie. Please, for the love of tribbles, let old Spock die.
Grown Ups 2 Critics, attack. Whatever you want to say about this one, I'm okay with it.
Thor: The Dark World Still very, very good. But I'd like an entire Thor movie set just in Asgard.