RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Have we Reached Peak Racism? - RightNation.US

-----

Have we Reached Peak Racism?

It was like being back in grad school again. I hope they don't charge me $50,000 for watching this.

I never bought into the idea that only white people can be racist. It requires one to have personal power and not just be part of a group that's in power. A dirt poor white person can be prejudiced, but the math is prejudice+power=racism. A poor white has no power, and is therefor incapable of racism. A rich black has power, and therefor can be racist if also prejudiced. As R Emmett Tyrrell correctly points out, the concept of false consciousness is Marxist in origin and is completely irrelevant to today because "oppression" has taken on so many meanings as to be rendered meaningless.

When everyone who disagrees with you is a racist, no one is.

Back in the early 60s, William F. Buckley Jr. read the John Birch Society out of the conservative movement, citing the following fallacy in the society's thinking: “the assumption that you can infer subjective intention from objective consequence: we lost China to the Communists, therefore the President of the United States and the Secretary of State wished China to go to the Communists.” While I think WFB may have created a straw man, here, given the evidence we've uncovered since the end of the Cold War, the same fallacy is being used today by the Left. Because black communities are suffering, it must be because someone in power wants it that way. And that someone has to be white.

I could just as easily say that black leaders want it that way, and I'd be on more solid historical and logical grounds. Sure, whites may not want to live in proximity to blacks for prejudiced reasons, but most avoid proximity to blacks for reasons having to do with quality of life. That doesn't mean black communities have to suffer. For it to mean that, the white supremacist claim that blacks are inherently inferior would have to be true. In other words, blacks cannot prosper unless they live in proximity to whites, benefiting from the surpluses whites create.

But that's not the case, is it. Blacks can prosper in their own communities. History is full of examples. Yet we have more segregation today in places where attempts to integrate were a matter of civic pride. Read this article from The Nation, The Anonymous Town That Was the Model of Desegregation in the Civil-Rights Era. I grew up in that little Mississippi town during that era. We moved to the country because my brother and I would have had to go to one of the schools mentioned, and my brother had already been beaten up. We don't know if it was because he was white, but the kids who beat him up called him "white boy". The town, which had been on the way up economically, still hasn't recovered. We visited this summer, and it was shocking how buildings were still there but had not been occupied for years. And nothing gets torn down or repaired. Are whites responsible for this simply because they left?

If blacks are capable of prospering on their own and they're not, isn't it logical that someone other than whites is responsible?

My Mind is Clean

3 Comments On This Entry

I have a comment/suggestion that really has nothing to do with the subject: I don't understand why you lock the posts on the RN boards which contain the links to these blogs. It has the unfortunate result of making it impossible to bump the post back up where people can see it and be reminded they're here. This one, for example, I think is a pretty good subject, and MIGHT get some traffic eventually, except that it has already dropped down to page two and will therefore never be seen again by the vast majority of posters. Is there some "rule" that posts with links to blogs must be locked? If not I strongly suggest you stop locking them.

Just a suggestion.

MontyPython, on 14 November 2016 - 09:26 PM, said:

I have a comment/suggestion that really has nothing to do with the subject: I don't understand why you lock the posts on the RN boards which contain the links to these blogs. It has the unfortunate result of making it impossible to bump the post back up where people can see it and be reminded they're here. This one, for example, I think is a pretty good subject, and MIGHT get some traffic eventually, except that it has already dropped down to page two and will therefore never be seen again by the vast majority of posters. Is there some "rule" that posts with links to blogs must be locked? If not I strongly suggest you stop locking them.Just a suggestion.

It's something we started doing over a decade ago. I can bump it. I'm that powerful. :coolshades:

And, you know what? It doesn't really matter anymore anyway. The reason we did it in the first place probably no longer exists. So, no more locking. :drinkers:
Kewl.
Page 1 of 1

9 user(s) viewing

9 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Search My Blog

Recent Entries

New Blogroll! And...World's Shortest Movie Reviews

Blog Roll
Ace of Spades
National Review
Got News
RealClearPolitics
ZeroHedge
The Federalist
African American Conservatives
Instapundit

World's Shortest Movie Reviews
American Sniper: Bradly Cooper=Best Actor
The Arroyo: Had a Pureflix feel to the acting, but well shot. Great conservative movie.
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies: As usual, the third installment is the best--having an ending really helped.
The Maze Runner: The perfect metaphor for moving to Detroit.
Dumb and Dumber To: More jokes. Cruder jokes. Someone gets hooked on crack.
Snowpiercer: Joe Biden's idea of heaven. Everyone on the Earth living on a train. Captain America admits he was going to eat Billy Elliot.
Hunger Games: Catching Fire: This is what the world would look like without college football.
Interstellar 2001:A Space Odyssey with a soul. You will get very thirsty, so hydrate before viewing.
When the Game Stands Tall Proves my theory that it's worse when you win.
Guardians of the Galaxy Make a fun adventure movie about space and make a ton of money. Who knew? I mean, besides that Lucas guy.
Blended I don't get the "Billy Madison is genius, Blended is crap" review. It's as good as any other Sandler movie.
Mom's Night Out Hilarious. You will laugh unless you drive a black BMW and watch sunsets at the golf course.
The Amazing Spiderman 2 This series is still better than the Toby McGuire one. I actually cared if Gwen Stacy died.
Odd Thomas I understand the critics who didn't like the uneven tone. Way uneven. Still worth watching on Netflix.
Star Trek Into DarknessGood movie. Please, for the love of tribbles, let old Spock die.
Grown Ups 2 Critics, attack. Whatever you want to say about this one, I'm okay with it.
Thor: The Dark World Still very, very good. But I'd like an entire Thor movie set just in Asgard.