RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Is America a Proposition Nation? - RightNation.US

-----
From Rawle Nyanzi

The other proposition nation ó the Soviet Union, founded on international Communism, and every bit as diverse as the United States ó had no such paradox. That regime used everything from firings to imprisonment and executions to ensure compliance with Communist doctrine. Everyone had to believe in Marx and Leninís proposition if they wanted a comfortable life.

And despite all of that, the Soviet Union collapsed anyway.

If a ruthless Communist regime couldnít make the proposition nation work, what chance does a vaguely libertarian democratic republic have? How can this nation founded on great ideals handle it if not everyone, whether black or white, immigrant or native, even believes the ideals of liberty are worth defending?

It seems that bloodline nations are the only stable ones, but even they have civil wars occasionally. At least in a bloodline nation, everyone doesnít have to hold the same ideas to be part of the national community. Still, if enough people donít, you get the civil wars mentioned earlier.

I would add that the Soviet Union was missing the prosperity of market economics. However, if you import enough people who don't believe in market economics and make politically equal citizens of them, they will demolish prosperity in short order. Education can accomplish quite a bit, but it can only delay the inevitable, especially if those in charge of education don't understand free markets or are openly hostile to them. If you haven't noticed, that's pretty much where we find ourselves: unable or unwilling to educate immigrants for the purposes of preserving free markets and liberal government.

Debate me on this. I'm not an Alt-Righter yet. But this is one of the points I'm red pilling unless someone can convince me otherwise.

My Mind is Clean

6 Comments On This Entry

I believe the wording "Proposition Nation" to be flawed with it's implication that the founding ideals are ';just' a proposition but, what the heck, I'll run with it, just for the argument.

I'm taking it that 'proposition' is as Lincoln used the word in the gettysburg address: "...Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal." echoing the declaration of independence.

Problem is, that's a fundamentally different 'proposition' than the Soviet Union. Our 'proposition' was that all men are CREATED equal; their proposition was that the state through it's power would MAKE all men equal.

As such, The two 'propositions' are so diametrically opposed that even the usage of the word 'proposition' to tie the two constructs together is fundamentally flawed.
Do you disagree with the claim that the populace of a proposition nation must be indoctrinated into that proposition?
Oh, and to further expound on why I abhor the term "Proposition Nation":

With apologies to Mr. Lincoln, and for that matter also Messr. Rousseau, the USA was NOT founded on a 'proposition' but on "self-evident truths". The distinction is that IF it was mere 'proposition', or in other words a mere 'social contract', so to speak, then like any other contract these truths would not need to be either 'self-evident' nor rely on a 'creator' but would merely be whatever malleable 'truths' the parties to the contract agreed to - And I, for one, believe that These United States were founded on something LARGER than that.

Mr. Naron, on 15 November 2016 - 04:40 PM, said:

Do you disagree with the claim that the populace of a proposition nation must be indoctrinated into that proposition?

I would, except that we aren't.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

Self-evidence stands on it's own terms; it does not require "indoctrination".

Adam Smithee, on 15 November 2016 - 04:53 PM, said:

Mr. Naron, on 15 November 2016 - 04:40 PM, said:

I would, except that we aren't."We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."Self-evidence stands on it's own terms; it does not require "indoctrination".

That is nonsense on stilts. Jefferson was an Enlightenment thinker. Those truths were self evident to him and SOME like him. You're forgetting everyone else. And children. Ever meet a child? Ever meet a visitor from a foreign country where they laugh at our notions of equality and tolerance?

Evidently not.

Adam Smithee, on 15 November 2016 - 03:20 PM, said:

I believe the wording "Proposition Nation" to be flawed with it's implication that the founding ideals are ';just' a proposition but, what the heck, I'll run with it, just for the argument.I'm taking it that 'proposition' is as Lincoln used the word in the gettysburg address: "...Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal." echoing the declaration of independence.Problem is, that's a fundamentally different 'proposition' than the Soviet Union. Our 'proposition' was that all men are CREATED equal; their proposition was that the state through it's power would MAKE all men equal. As such, The two 'propositions' are so diametrically opposed that even the usage of the word 'proposition' to tie the two constructs together is fundamentally flawed.

I agree that there's a huge difference between the USA's concept of equality and the USSR's. But the proposition is that anyone (being equal and all) can come to the US and become an "American". Yet we don't require anyone to prove it nor do we provide close to sufficient education in what it means to be American. Therefore, we're no more likely to survive as a nation that's "American" any more than the USSR survived as "Soviet".
Page 1 of 1

5 user(s) viewing

5 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Search My Blog

Recent Entries

New Blogroll! And...World's Shortest Movie Reviews

Blog Roll
Ace of Spades
National Review
Got News
RealClearPolitics
ZeroHedge
The Federalist
African American Conservatives
Instapundit

World's Shortest Movie Reviews
American Sniper: Bradly Cooper=Best Actor
The Arroyo: Had a Pureflix feel to the acting, but well shot. Great conservative movie.
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies: As usual, the third installment is the best--having an ending really helped.
The Maze Runner: The perfect metaphor for moving to Detroit.
Dumb and Dumber To: More jokes. Cruder jokes. Someone gets hooked on crack.
Snowpiercer: Joe Biden's idea of heaven. Everyone on the Earth living on a train. Captain America admits he was going to eat Billy Elliot.
Hunger Games: Catching Fire: This is what the world would look like without college football.
Interstellar 2001:A Space Odyssey with a soul. You will get very thirsty, so hydrate before viewing.
When the Game Stands Tall Proves my theory that it's worse when you win.
Guardians of the Galaxy Make a fun adventure movie about space and make a ton of money. Who knew? I mean, besides that Lucas guy.
Blended I don't get the "Billy Madison is genius, Blended is crap" review. It's as good as any other Sandler movie.
Mom's Night Out Hilarious. You will laugh unless you drive a black BMW and watch sunsets at the golf course.
The Amazing Spiderman 2 This series is still better than the Toby McGuire one. I actually cared if Gwen Stacy died.
Odd Thomas I understand the critics who didn't like the uneven tone. Way uneven. Still worth watching on Netflix.
Star Trek Into DarknessGood movie. Please, for the love of tribbles, let old Spock die.
Grown Ups 2 Critics, attack. Whatever you want to say about this one, I'm okay with it.
Thor: The Dark World Still very, very good. But I'd like an entire Thor movie set just in Asgard.