RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: What Regulation Should go First? - RightNation.US

-----
My pick is the Pay Ratio Disclosure requirement about to go into effect in January:

The recent rise in executive compensation has been followed by regulations requiring disclosure of the compensation of high-ranking executives. The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) recently added to these requirements by finalizing a pay ratio–disclosure rule that requires certain publicly traded companies to disclose the ratio of the compensation of the CEO to that of the median employee. In promulgating this rule, the SEC did not investigate whether or how investors would use this information in practice. As a result, the SEC may have left itself open to challenges that its cost-benefit analysis was arbitrary and capricious under the Administrative Procedure (APA). In one possible line of attack, a party challenging the rule could argue that the SEC was both unable to assess the possible costs of its decision to allow each company to select the date on which to determine its employee base and unable to weigh these concerns against the purported benefits of this flexibility.

As my Personal Theologian/Big Time Corporate Lawyer (PT/BTCL) put it in an email earlier:

It's on my short list of dumbest things ever (it serves no purpose other than embarrassing executives and giving politicians and union officials meaningless statistics to scream about; and it will cost companies millions of dollars to compile these statistics). The bottom line on this is that every company's demographics and work force range so wildly that these statistics will be completely useless.

I don't know what he's talking about. I've never heard politicians or their media operatives misuse statistics regarding the gender pay ratio. Meanwhile, yeah, pretty much nothing in Dodd-Frank is worth a crap. I say scrap the whole thing. There's nothing in it that can't be fixed by not putting the taxpayer on the hook for anything. I swear, every objection to getting rid of a regulation always come back to protecting the taxpayer from abuses of federally insured banking functions.

Hey, how about you protect us by getting us out of the freaking insurance business? The weakness of the banking system was fixed not by the FDIC but by scrapping unitary banking laws. We don't need any of those programs. Only the banksters do.

Anyway, think of Trump as Santa and make your wish list.

My Mind is Clean

10 Comments On This Entry

In this order:

1. Common Core
2. Network Neutrality
3. Affirmative Action and MBE/WBE set-asides
4. Individual Health Insurance Mandate
5. Employer Health Insurance Mandate
6. School lunch standards (2014)
7. Anything with the words "greenhouse gas" or involving same (e.g., EPA's "tailpipe rule".
8. HHS Contraception Mandate (2014)
9. Community Reinvestment Mandate
10. Incandescent light bulb phasing out
11. Title IX
This may not be a regulation, but eliminate the IRS. No more income tax forms. Instead, set a national sales tax. That way, all consumption is taxed as we go. Since wealthy people spend more than poor people, they will pay more in taxes. This used to be how it was done.

One of the reasons the income tax came about was because the progressives of the time knew that prohibition was an inevitability, so it was a perfect excuse to come up with a way to replace the revenue that would be lost as the excise tax revenue from liquor disappeared.

Set a rate, figure out how to distribute to the states, or have the states set their own rates, and figure out what percentage of that revenue would be used to fund the federal government. Reducing centralized power is key. It is beyond belief that government meddling, which not only costs but also reduces productivity is somehow supposed to be remedied by yet more government meddling.

This type of tax plan is simple, so of course it will never happen.

While we're at it, let's get rid of Sarbanes Oxley as well.

Hieronymous, on 17 November 2016 - 10:57 PM, said:

This may not be a regulation, but eliminate the IRS. No more income tax forms. Instead, set a national sales tax. That way, all consumption is taxed as we go. Since wealthy people spend more than poor people, they will pay more in taxes. This used to be how it was done. One of the reasons the income tax came about was because the progressives of the time knew that prohibition was an inevitability, so it was a perfect excuse to come up with a way to replace the revenue that would be lost as the excise tax revenue from liquor disappeared.Set a rate, figure out how to distribute to the states, or have the states set their own rates, and figure out what percentage of that revenue would be used to fund the federal government. Reducing centralized power is key. It is beyond belief that government meddling, which not only costs but also reduces productivity is somehow supposed to be remedied by yet more government meddling.This type of tax plan is simple, so of course it will never happens.While we're at it, let's get rid of Sarbanes Oxley as well.

Mike Pence is a FAIR TAX sponsor. It could happen.

Howsithangin, on 17 November 2016 - 09:29 PM, said:

In this order:1. Common Core2. Network Neutrality3. Affirmative Action and MBE/WBE set-asides4. Individual Health Insurance Mandate5. Employer Health Insurance Mandate6. School lunch standards (2014)7. Anything with the words "greenhouse gas" or involving same (e.g., EPA's "tailpipe rule".8. HHS Contraception Mandate (2014)9. Community Reinvestment Mandate10. Incandescent light bulb phasing out11. Title IX

Anything that will piss off the treehuggers.

In this order:1. Common Core2. Network Neutrality3. Affirmative Action and MBE/WBE set-asides4. Individual Health Insurance Mandate5. Employer Health Insurance Mandate6. School lunch standards (2014)7. Anything with the words "greenhouse gas" or involving same (e.g., EPA's "tailpipe rule".8. HHS Contraception Mandate (2014)9. Community Reinvestment Mandate10. Incandescent light bulb phasing out11. Title IX

12. The 527 pages he enacted yesterday.

Howsithangin, on 18 November 2016 - 02:45 AM, said:

12. The 527 pages he enacted yesterday.

Ugh. Hurry up and be January.

Maybe you should try making a list that keeps it to federal regulations. You've got quite a few pieces of legislation in there.

PoliticallyUnstable, on 18 November 2016 - 11:47 AM, said:

Maybe you should try making a list that keeps it to federal regulations. You've got quite a few pieces of legislation in there.

We can erase butt loads of regulations by repealing legislation, though.
As of January 2009, every darn thing bummer signed off on that did not go thru Congress. There are just so many (10's of 1000), that to go one-by-one would be a full time job for a complete office staff of 20 or more. Get rid of them all....easy peasy and clean start to MAGA congressional sessions.
Wouldn't it be easier to just list what regs to keep than the ones needed scrapping?
Page 1 of 1

4 user(s) viewing

4 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Search My Blog

Recent Entries

New Blogroll! And...World's Shortest Movie Reviews

Blog Roll
Ace of Spades
National Review
Got News
RealClearPolitics
ZeroHedge
The Federalist
African American Conservatives
Instapundit

World's Shortest Movie Reviews
American Sniper: Bradly Cooper=Best Actor
The Arroyo: Had a Pureflix feel to the acting, but well shot. Great conservative movie.
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies: As usual, the third installment is the best--having an ending really helped.
The Maze Runner: The perfect metaphor for moving to Detroit.
Dumb and Dumber To: More jokes. Cruder jokes. Someone gets hooked on crack.
Snowpiercer: Joe Biden's idea of heaven. Everyone on the Earth living on a train. Captain America admits he was going to eat Billy Elliot.
Hunger Games: Catching Fire: This is what the world would look like without college football.
Interstellar 2001:A Space Odyssey with a soul. You will get very thirsty, so hydrate before viewing.
When the Game Stands Tall Proves my theory that it's worse when you win.
Guardians of the Galaxy Make a fun adventure movie about space and make a ton of money. Who knew? I mean, besides that Lucas guy.
Blended I don't get the "Billy Madison is genius, Blended is crap" review. It's as good as any other Sandler movie.
Mom's Night Out Hilarious. You will laugh unless you drive a black BMW and watch sunsets at the golf course.
The Amazing Spiderman 2 This series is still better than the Toby McGuire one. I actually cared if Gwen Stacy died.
Odd Thomas I understand the critics who didn't like the uneven tone. Way uneven. Still worth watching on Netflix.
Star Trek Into DarknessGood movie. Please, for the love of tribbles, let old Spock die.
Grown Ups 2 Critics, attack. Whatever you want to say about this one, I'm okay with it.
Thor: The Dark World Still very, very good. But I'd like an entire Thor movie set just in Asgard.