RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: What Song Should Play at Trump's Inauguration? - RightNation.US

-----
This isn't the weekend music thread even if it's about music. So, know that.

Vince Neil, formerly of Motley Crue, was reported to be scheduled to play the inauguration in January. But according to an update to Billboard's article, he's been disinvited (Can WaPo fact check this? I trust them with this.)

UPDATE: Since speaking to Billboard on Friday afternoon (Nov. 18), Vince Neil discovered that his invitation to perform at the inauguration was not a done deal. ďI was asked to do the inauguration two months ago no matter who won,Ē he told TMZ. ďAs far as I knew, we were playing. It turns out when the Republicans won, we were uninvited. I didnít know about the Democratic part of asking us to play. I assumed ... it didnít matter who won, it would still be a party. I guess there is more politics in bands playing than I thought there was. I just found out about this today when all this stuff came out when I was playing. I asked my guys, and they said once Trump won, it was all politics. I donít know whoís playing Trumpís party, but God bless them.Ē

That's disappointing. Having hit his peak in the 80s, and seeing as how we're about to peak again like we did in the 80s, it would have been fitting for a former member of the Crue to play this thing in.

Still, we can help The Donald plan his party with a killer playlist. I know at least one Motley Crue song that has to be on it:

1. Don't go Away Mad (Just go Away)

2. Hair of the Dog

3. Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye

4. Little Willy (This one is for Bill Clinton. Go home, little Willy. Go home to...that.)

5. The Call of Ktulu (This one's for those of you who voted for Cthulu. You won!)

My Mind is Clean

28 Comments On This Entry

"Get over it" by The Eagles - for all of the butt hurt snowflakes that voted for Hillary.

"Dirty Laundry" by Don Henley - what the media will be doing to Trump every single day from now on.

"We will Rock You/We are the Champions" by Queen - what Trump and his voters did to the establishment progressives and lamestream media.

Rock N, on 18 November 2016 - 11:04 PM, said:

"Get over it" by The Eagles - for all of the butt hurt snowflakes that voted for Hillary."Dirty Laundry" by Don Henley - what the media will be doing to Trump every single day from now on."We will Rock You/We are the Champions" by Queen - what Trump and his voters did to the establishment progressives and lamestream media.

A must. And they should pay it on a loop for hours.

We will Rock You/We are the Champions" by Queen - what Trump and his voters did to the establishment progressives and lamestream media.

:thumbsup:

> The Winner Takes It All--- Abba

> Don't Stop Believin'-- Jouney
We're Not Going to Take It (Twisted Sister)

Happy Days are Here Again (Milton Ager & Jack Yellen)

Howsithangin, on 18 November 2016 - 11:28 PM, said:

We will Rock You/We are the Champions" by Queen - what Trump and his voters did to the establishment progressives and lamestream media.
:thumbsup: > The Winner Takes It All--- Abba> Don't Stop Believin'-- Jouney

Milo willl love that one.

ASE, on 19 November 2016 - 12:00 AM, said:

We're Not Going to Take It (Twisted Sister)Happy Days are Here Again (Milton Ager & Jack Yellen)

I think he's been using WNGTI. It's apt for sure.
"I'm Winning" - Either version will do: Carlos Santana or Steve Winwood.

MontyPython, on 19 November 2016 - 12:31 AM, said:

"I'm Winning" - Either version will do: Carlos Santana or Steve Winwood.

Clearly the Steve Winwood version is the more appropriate.
Hey Chris! First of all I'd like to say that it's great to have you back here blogging again!
I was worried about my choice for Trump's inauguration song, but I see we're not taking this overly serious. So, in the spirit of having some fun with this, here's my choice (let's see if I remember how to post videos.....it's been a long time):

I actually thought this should've been playing for his victory speech!
"I'm So Glad" by Cream.
Whatever song they pick, I hope they secure the rights to it. That's been an issue in the past (and not just with Trump). Artists deserve to have some control over their intellectual property and get paid for their work.
I think it should be Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up. Not for the song or its lyrics, but because almost everyone, Democrats, Establishment Republicans, the so-called-unbiased-media (or s.c.u.m.) got rick rolled.
Frank Sinatra - My Way!

JesseR72, on 19 November 2016 - 07:56 AM, said:

Hey Chris! First of all I'd like to say that it's great to have you back here blogging again!I was worried about my choice for Trump's inauguration song, but I see we're not taking this overly serious. So, in the spirit of having some fun with this, here's my choice (let's see if I remember how to post videos.....it's been a long time):]I actually thought this should've been playing for his victory speech!

Yes, Kid Rock should be at the inauguration. I don't think a single human being has ever personified a constituency better than that guy.

lyria, on 19 November 2016 - 09:01 AM, said:

Whatever song they pick, I hope they secure the rights to it. That's been an issue in the past (and not just with Trump). Artists deserve to have some control over their intellectual property and get paid for their work.

Fair use usually covers the legal issues. Most of the time, the artists are just voicing their political opposition. In Trump's case it makes it all the more delightful when clueless liberal entertainers pout about it.

Wag-a-Muffin (D), on 19 November 2016 - 09:03 AM, said:

I think it should be Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up. Not for the song or its lyrics, but because almost everyone, Democrats, Establishment Republicans, the so-called-unbiased-media (or s.c.u.m.) got rick rolled.

They should play that instead of Hail to the Chief!

MTP Reggie, on 19 November 2016 - 09:08 AM, said:

Beat you to it in the OP. :party:
For the media and a lot of other people I think AC/DC's Thunderstruck would be appropriate.
  • 2 Pages +

2 user(s) viewing

2 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Google

Search My Blog

Recent Entries

New Blogroll! And...World's Shortest Movie Reviews

Blog Roll
Ace of Spades
National Review
Got News
RealClearPolitics
ZeroHedge
The Federalist
African American Conservatives
Instapundit

World's Shortest Movie Reviews
American Sniper: Bradly Cooper=Best Actor
The Arroyo: Had a Pureflix feel to the acting, but well shot. Great conservative movie.
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies: As usual, the third installment is the best--having an ending really helped.
The Maze Runner: The perfect metaphor for moving to Detroit.
Dumb and Dumber To: More jokes. Cruder jokes. Someone gets hooked on crack.
Snowpiercer: Joe Biden's idea of heaven. Everyone on the Earth living on a train. Captain America admits he was going to eat Billy Elliot.
Hunger Games: Catching Fire: This is what the world would look like without college football.
Interstellar 2001:A Space Odyssey with a soul. You will get very thirsty, so hydrate before viewing.
When the Game Stands Tall Proves my theory that it's worse when you win.
Guardians of the Galaxy Make a fun adventure movie about space and make a ton of money. Who knew? I mean, besides that Lucas guy.
Blended I don't get the "Billy Madison is genius, Blended is crap" review. It's as good as any other Sandler movie.
Mom's Night Out Hilarious. You will laugh unless you drive a black BMW and watch sunsets at the golf course.
The Amazing Spiderman 2 This series is still better than the Toby McGuire one. I actually cared if Gwen Stacy died.
Odd Thomas I understand the critics who didn't like the uneven tone. Way uneven. Still worth watching on Netflix.
Star Trek Into DarknessGood movie. Please, for the love of tribbles, let old Spock die.
Grown Ups 2 Critics, attack. Whatever you want to say about this one, I'm okay with it.
Thor: The Dark World Still very, very good. But I'd like an entire Thor movie set just in Asgard.