RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: The NFL is Endangering Player Health for Ratings - RightNation.US

-----
How's that for a headline, huh? It's only a little more sensationalistic than USA Today's:

"Pollution, altitude could make Azteca Stadium 'devastating' for Raiders, Texans"

“There can be headaches, dizziness, sensation of fatigue, accelerated heartbeat, hyperventilation,” Reyes said. “We can also have respiratory symptoms, when we are exposed often to the pollution.

“The amount of oxygen that reaches the cells decreases, leading to the faster heartbeat and cardiac activity. The body tries to ventilate more quickly.”

The Azteca is an iconic venue in Mexico, the only stadium to have hosted two soccer World Cup finals. Teams familiar with the surroundings claim that the complaints of visitors are nothing but sour grapes. Yet science suggests otherwise.

Reyes said bigger players such as linemen would find things more testing than leaner athletes, while adding that typical oxygen masks may do little to help aid respiration.

Why would the NFL risk players' health just to attempt to broaden its audience? Simple. The NFL is a fully converged Social Justice organization. They will not only risk their players' health, but they've proven time and time again they'll risk the economic viability of the entire entity all in the pursuit of social justice. From fawning over spuriously reasoned political protests to grasping for a "citizen of the world" reputation, the NFL increasingly leaves its core customer base with little choice other than to stop watching or grow more and more irritated. Neither is good for the league.

Lower ratings are bad for the NFL for obvious reasons, but as fans grow more and more irritated at the league's posturing, the more likely a preference cascade will materialize. Ratings will drop very quickly if the NFL does what social justice warriors always do: double down. The irritable fans will make their displeasure known, and the SJWs in the league office will retaliate with even more nonsense. I fully expect the rainbow flag to be rolled out for an entire month at some point. The players who usually kneel during the national anthem will stand once Over the Rainbow starts. TV sets will click off, and revenue will dry up.

I hope it doesn't happen, but it seems inevitable.

As for tomorrow's game, it would seem that the Raiders have the advantage given that they've had a long bye week, will probably have the most fans in attendance, and they don't have Brock Osweiler. Plus they always cheat. I expect they've been blood doping for the last ten days or more. And who can blame them? The NFL put them in this position, so it's on the league.

My Mind is Clean

9 Comments On This Entry

I don't know why the NFL wants to expand outside of the US. (Except for the money) The ONLY expansion that makes sense to me is to expand north to Canada. They already have American Football and an audience. Why go to Europe and Mexico. Hey, why don't they expand to the Middle East> Lots of money there.

jr_tex, on 20 November 2016 - 09:08 PM, said:

I don't know why the NFL wants to expand outside of the US. (Except for the money) The ONLY expansion that makes sense to me is to expand north to Canada. They already have American Football and an audience. Why go to Europe and Mexico. Hey, why don't they expand to the Middle East> Lots of money there.

Or China. Why screw around?

There IS a global audience for the NFL, albeit much smaller than soccer or even its father, rugby. The NFL can easily sell out Wembley and huge UK/Euro/World stadiums, the question is can they sustain a team for 16 wks every year. 8 home games a season. In comparison to the number of games a huge soccer or rugby club/team will play a season, which is more than twice the NFL (40-60 games a season, with 25-30 being at home), 8 isn't actually all that hard.

scotsman, on 21 November 2016 - 06:53 AM, said:

There IS a global audience for the NFL, albeit much smaller than soccer or even its father, rugby. The NFL can easily sell out Wembley and huge UK/Euro/World stadiums, the question is can they sustain a team for 16 wks every year. 8 home games a season. In comparison to the number of games a huge soccer or rugby club/team will play a season, which is more than twice the NFL (40-60 games a season, with 25-30 being at home), 8 isn't actually all that hard.

Is NFL Europe even still a thing?

As for tomorrow's game, it would seem that the Raiders have the advantage given that they've had a long bye week, will probably have the most fans in attendance, and they don't have Brock Osweiler. Plus they always cheat. I expect they've been blood doping for the last ten days or more. And who can blame them? The NFL put them in this position, so it's on the league.

I don't really follow football; I tend to not follow sports that I can't play myself, and I haven't really been 'football' material since my Pop Warner days that ended in 4th or 5th grade when everyone else had a growth spurt that bypassed me. I mean, there's no point even trying when you're 5-ft-nothin' and 90 lb soaking wet and every else in your grade has 4-6 inches and 20-30 lb on you.

That said, I'll root for the Raiders. I've been a fan since September 1974 when Raiders cheerleader Jane Lubeck posed for Playboy. I could be wrong but I think the first NFL cheerleader to do so.

As a Floridian, I'd love to root for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers instead. Give me a reason. So far, their sole claim to fame seems to be having dropped the ball so many times that the Republican Party chose to hold their national convention there in 2012.

Adam Smithee, on 21 November 2016 - 06:04 PM, said:

I don't really follow football; I tend to not follow sports that I can't play myself, and I haven't really been 'football' material since my Pop Warner days that ended in 4th or 5th grade when everyone else had a growth spurt that bypassed me. I mean, there's no point even trying when you're 5-ft-nothin' and 90 lb soaking wet and every else in your grade has 4-6 inches and 20-30 lb on you. That said, I'll root for the Raiders. I've been a fan since September 1974 when Raiders cheerleader Jane Lubeck posed for Playboy. I could be wrong but I think the first NFL cheerleader to do so. As a Floridian, I'd love to root for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers instead. Give me a reason. So far, their sole claim to fame seems to be having dropped the ball so many times that the Republican Party chose to hold their national convention there in 2012.

The Bucs beat the Raiders in a Super Bowl. Once.

Mr. Naron, on 21 November 2016 - 11:56 AM, said:

No. NFL Europe ended in 2007.

scotsman, on 22 November 2016 - 09:44 AM, said:

Then there's probably not much of a market for sustained play. The NFL here benefits tremendously from our love of the lower levels. From Pop Warner to college, the participation and crowds feed the NFL. We love seeing guys on Sunday who used to play on Friday and Saturday. I don't see that happening in Europe.

Mr. Naron, on 22 November 2016 - 01:14 PM, said:

scotsman, on 22 November 2016 - 09:44 AM, said:

Then there's probably not much of a market for sustained play. The NFL here benefits tremendously from our love of the lower levels. From Pop Warner to college, the participation and crowds feed the NFL. We love seeing guys on Sunday who used to play on Friday and Saturday. I don't see that happening in Europe.

I enjoy the NFL, I cannot get into college football, I just cant.
Page 1 of 1

4 user(s) viewing

4 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Search My Blog

Recent Entries

New Blogroll! And...World's Shortest Movie Reviews

Blog Roll
Ace of Spades
National Review
Got News
RealClearPolitics
ZeroHedge
The Federalist
African American Conservatives
Instapundit

World's Shortest Movie Reviews
American Sniper: Bradly Cooper=Best Actor
The Arroyo: Had a Pureflix feel to the acting, but well shot. Great conservative movie.
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies: As usual, the third installment is the best--having an ending really helped.
The Maze Runner: The perfect metaphor for moving to Detroit.
Dumb and Dumber To: More jokes. Cruder jokes. Someone gets hooked on crack.
Snowpiercer: Joe Biden's idea of heaven. Everyone on the Earth living on a train. Captain America admits he was going to eat Billy Elliot.
Hunger Games: Catching Fire: This is what the world would look like without college football.
Interstellar 2001:A Space Odyssey with a soul. You will get very thirsty, so hydrate before viewing.
When the Game Stands Tall Proves my theory that it's worse when you win.
Guardians of the Galaxy Make a fun adventure movie about space and make a ton of money. Who knew? I mean, besides that Lucas guy.
Blended I don't get the "Billy Madison is genius, Blended is crap" review. It's as good as any other Sandler movie.
Mom's Night Out Hilarious. You will laugh unless you drive a black BMW and watch sunsets at the golf course.
The Amazing Spiderman 2 This series is still better than the Toby McGuire one. I actually cared if Gwen Stacy died.
Odd Thomas I understand the critics who didn't like the uneven tone. Way uneven. Still worth watching on Netflix.
Star Trek Into DarknessGood movie. Please, for the love of tribbles, let old Spock die.
Grown Ups 2 Critics, attack. Whatever you want to say about this one, I'm okay with it.
Thor: The Dark World Still very, very good. But I'd like an entire Thor movie set just in Asgard.