RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: What's in Your Corn Flakes? - RightNation.US

-----

What's in Your Corn Flakes?

So, here you might be thinking corn flakes are wholesome and healthy. Think again. We take the occasion of Kellogg's removing its ads from Breitbart to remind everyone how this horrible concoction became breakfast fodder for an emasculated America:

Corn Flakes Were Invented as Part of an Anti-Masturbation Crusade

Later, Kellogg developed a few different flaked grain breakfast cereals—including corn flakes—as healthy, ready-to-eat anti-masturbatory morning meals. He partnered with his brother Will, the sanitarium’s bookkeeper, to make and sell them to the public. Will had less interest in dietary purity and more business sense than his brother, and worried that the products wouldn’t sell as they were. He wanted to add sugar to the flakes to make them more palatable, but John wouldn’t hear of it. Will eventually started selling the cereals through his own business, which became the Kellogg Company; the brothers continued to feud for decades after. Masturbators who enjoy cornflakes can probably attest that the sugar was a good idea, since Kellogg's cereal doesn't really have its intended effect.

Keep in mind, this kind of insanity came from the religious left, not mainstream Christianity or what would later be called the "Christian Right". Either way, eating corn flakes has never been "good" for you. Now is as good a time as any to replace them with a bacon and egg breakfast burrito.

My mind is Clean

8 Comments On This Entry

Ham egg and cheese biscuit!

cobalt-blue, on 01 December 2016 - 08:30 AM, said:

Ham egg and cheese biscuit!

That's more of a weekend kind of thing.
I've always enjoyed regular Shredded Wheat as opposed to the sweetened variety, I just never knew why.

Thank.

You.

stick, on 01 December 2016 - 11:11 AM, said:

I've always enjoyed regular Shredded Wheat as opposed to the sweetened variety, I just never knew why.Thank. You.

Watch that glycemic level, tho. :thumbsup:
Honestly, if I modified what I ate (or watched or listened to) based on politics, I would end up sitting in a dark room at my home, slowly starving to death. Screw that.

I'm not a big cold cereal fan, anyway. What I love are hot cereals - oatmeal, grits, cream of wheat, etc.

Kellogg's history is fascinating - and yes, his company did start as anti-masturbatory aids. (It was graham crackers, not cornflakes, in the beginning.) However, this was not an uncommon belief at the time! The Victorian era produced some really odd beliefs about sex.

As for left or right, mainstream or not, I don't think these particular beliefs apply to the modern definitions. Thankfully, they've largely died out.

(If you are interested in this subject, check out Unmentionable: The Victorian Lady's Guide to Sex, Marriage, and Manners by Therese Oneill. I just finished reading it and it was a hoot. Kellogg is mentioned repeatedly, and this is not a good thing.)

lyria, on 02 December 2016 - 10:30 AM, said:

Honestly, if I modified what I ate (or watched or listened to) based on politics, I would end up sitting in a dark room at my home, slowly starving to death. Screw that. I'm not a big cold cereal fan, anyway. What I love are hot cereals - oatmeal, grits, cream of wheat, etc.Kellogg's history is fascinating - and yes, his company did start as anti-masturbatory aids. (It was graham crackers, not cornflakes, in the beginning.) However, this was not an uncommon belief at the time! The Victorian era produced some really odd beliefs about sex.As for left or right, mainstream or not, I don't think these particular beliefs apply to the modern definitions. Thankfully, they've largely died out.(If you are interested in this subject, check out Unmentionable: The Victorian Lady's Guide to Sex, Marriage, and Manners by Therese Oneill. I just finished reading it and it was a hoot. Kellogg is mentioned repeatedly, and this is not a good thing.)

And you can read A Conservative History of the American Left, which traces the development of the religious left. Kellogg fit smack dab in the middle of it.

Mr. Naron, on 02 December 2016 - 01:23 PM, said:

lyria, on 02 December 2016 - 10:30 AM, said:

Honestly, if I modified what I ate (or watched or listened to) based on politics, I would end up sitting in a dark room at my home, slowly starving to death. Screw that. I'm not a big cold cereal fan, anyway. What I love are hot cereals - oatmeal, grits, cream of wheat, etc.Kellogg's history is fascinating - and yes, his company did start as anti-masturbatory aids. (It was graham crackers, not cornflakes, in the beginning.) However, this was not an uncommon belief at the time! The Victorian era produced some really odd beliefs about sex.As for left or right, mainstream or not, I don't think these particular beliefs apply to the modern definitions. Thankfully, they've largely died out.(If you are interested in this subject, check out Unmentionable: The Victorian Lady's Guide to Sex, Marriage, and Manners by Therese Oneill. I just finished reading it and it was a hoot. Kellogg is mentioned repeatedly, and this is not a good thing.)
And you can read A Conservative History of the American Left, which traces the development of the religious left. Kellogg fit smack dab in the middle of it.

Thank you for the recommendation. I'll add it to my long reading list.
It's no wonder why Kelloggs is a huge donor to George Soros.

Both are wealthy mental cases against American culture.
Page 1 of 1

11 user(s) viewing

11 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Search My Blog

Recent Entries

New Blogroll! And...World's Shortest Movie Reviews

Blog Roll
Ace of Spades
National Review
Got News
RealClearPolitics
ZeroHedge
The Federalist
African American Conservatives
Instapundit

World's Shortest Movie Reviews
American Sniper: Bradly Cooper=Best Actor
The Arroyo: Had a Pureflix feel to the acting, but well shot. Great conservative movie.
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies: As usual, the third installment is the best--having an ending really helped.
The Maze Runner: The perfect metaphor for moving to Detroit.
Dumb and Dumber To: More jokes. Cruder jokes. Someone gets hooked on crack.
Snowpiercer: Joe Biden's idea of heaven. Everyone on the Earth living on a train. Captain America admits he was going to eat Billy Elliot.
Hunger Games: Catching Fire: This is what the world would look like without college football.
Interstellar 2001:A Space Odyssey with a soul. You will get very thirsty, so hydrate before viewing.
When the Game Stands Tall Proves my theory that it's worse when you win.
Guardians of the Galaxy Make a fun adventure movie about space and make a ton of money. Who knew? I mean, besides that Lucas guy.
Blended I don't get the "Billy Madison is genius, Blended is crap" review. It's as good as any other Sandler movie.
Mom's Night Out Hilarious. You will laugh unless you drive a black BMW and watch sunsets at the golf course.
The Amazing Spiderman 2 This series is still better than the Toby McGuire one. I actually cared if Gwen Stacy died.
Odd Thomas I understand the critics who didn't like the uneven tone. Way uneven. Still worth watching on Netflix.
Star Trek Into DarknessGood movie. Please, for the love of tribbles, let old Spock die.
Grown Ups 2 Critics, attack. Whatever you want to say about this one, I'm okay with it.
Thor: The Dark World Still very, very good. But I'd like an entire Thor movie set just in Asgard.