RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Fake News Nostalgia - RightNation.US

-----

Fake News Nostalgia

Remember the First Tea Party Terrorist? According to the New York Times, it was Joseph Stack, the guy who flew a plane into and IRS building in Texas:

In the end, the core unifying theme of the Tea Partiers is populist rage, and this is the core theme in Stack’s ramblings, whether the rage is directed at corporate titans (“plunderers”), the government (“totalitarian”) or individual politicians (“liars”).

Comet Ping Pong? Fake News!

Unbeknown to Mr. Welch, what he had been reading online were fake news articles about Comet Ping Pong, which have swollen in number over time. The false articles against the pizzeria began appearing on social networks and websites in late October, not long before the presidential election, with the restaurant identified as being the headquarters for a child-trafficking ring.

If you read the Infogalactic article on Pizzagate it seems to have more in common with the "questioning" tone of the 2010 NYT article on the supposed Tea-Party terrorist.

On 21 November 2016, Cecilia Kang of The New York Times wrote an article declaring Pizzagate "false," "made-up," an "insane, fabricated conspiracy theory," and "fake news."[26] The original headline "Fact Check: This Pizzeria Is Not a Child Trafficking Site" later changed to "Fake News Onslaught Targets Pizzeria as Nest of Child-Trafficking." Kang portrays Alefantis as a victim and does not address the evidence.[27] The article says that law enforcement is not investigating the claim, but it also says that the FBI "does not confirm or deny the existence of investigations." Kang is a former employee of global banking corporation BNP Paribas - Asia Pacific, with contact ties to Stratfor, as noted in the Global Intelligence Files of Wikileaks.[28]

Reddit banned r/pizzagate and all related subreddits on 22 November 2016. During the same time period, Twitter actively suppressed #Pizzagate from trending and auto-completing.[29] Abby Ohlheiser of The Washington Post wrote an article about the banning.[30] Ohlheiser portrays Pizzagate as a conspiracy theory that had been debunked by Snopes. The Snopes article, written by Kim LaCapria on 21 November 2016, declares "false" the claim that the Podesta emails "revealed the existence of a secret society of pedophiles operating through a pizza place loosely connected to Clinton associate David Brock," but the article cites only Kang's piece in The New York Times.[31]

On 25 November 2016, The Washington Post Editorial Board wrote a strongly worded denial of Pizzagate, calling it a "ludicrous conspiracy theory." It went on to call the allegations "absurd," "outright lunacy," "misinformation," "outright lies," "parasitical insanity," and "garbage." It concluded by stating that "Alefantis is more than entitled to sue for defamation and libel."[32]

In an article posted 28 November 2016, The Washington Times noted that Andrew Breitbart's tweet "was being cited by online researchers as proof that they are onto something big." The article, written by Douglas Ernst, went on to explain that the online research was focused on "D.C. power-player James Alefantis, owner of Comet Ping Pong. The Democrat fundraiser and pizza place owner, who is mentioned in 16 different WikiLeaks documents, had a public Instagram account that featured sexual innuendo and bizarre images of children. Accounts for Comet Ping Pong employees, which are now set to private, featured nudity involving men with slices of pizza strategically placed over their genitals." The article also mentioned that the New York Times and Washington Post had denied that the allegations had any truth.[33]

Stack has zero--ZERO--connections with any Tea Party groups, but the question was "worth asking". In fact, the questioning took on more of a conclusive tone in the end. The Infogalactic article maintains a questioning tone.

So, which is the fake news site?

My Mind is Clean

2 Comments On This Entry

It's all about the "seriousness of the charge".

Make the charge, make it loudly and often, and at some point all that people will remember is that the charge was made; It will become an "impression" in the fullest sense of the word.

Adam Smithee, on 06 December 2016 - 10:18 AM, said:

It's all about the "seriousness of the charge". Make the charge, make it loudly and often, and at some point all that people will remember is that the charge was made; It will become an "impression" in the fullest sense of the word.

Not really. I've yet to hear one good argument for dropping the matter.
Page 1 of 1

7 user(s) viewing

7 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Google

Search My Blog

Recent Entries

New Blogroll! And...World's Shortest Movie Reviews

Blog Roll
Ace of Spades
National Review
Got News
RealClearPolitics
ZeroHedge
The Federalist
African American Conservatives
Instapundit

World's Shortest Movie Reviews
American Sniper: Bradly Cooper=Best Actor
The Arroyo: Had a Pureflix feel to the acting, but well shot. Great conservative movie.
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies: As usual, the third installment is the best--having an ending really helped.
The Maze Runner: The perfect metaphor for moving to Detroit.
Dumb and Dumber To: More jokes. Cruder jokes. Someone gets hooked on crack.
Snowpiercer: Joe Biden's idea of heaven. Everyone on the Earth living on a train. Captain America admits he was going to eat Billy Elliot.
Hunger Games: Catching Fire: This is what the world would look like without college football.
Interstellar 2001:A Space Odyssey with a soul. You will get very thirsty, so hydrate before viewing.
When the Game Stands Tall Proves my theory that it's worse when you win.
Guardians of the Galaxy Make a fun adventure movie about space and make a ton of money. Who knew? I mean, besides that Lucas guy.
Blended I don't get the "Billy Madison is genius, Blended is crap" review. It's as good as any other Sandler movie.
Mom's Night Out Hilarious. You will laugh unless you drive a black BMW and watch sunsets at the golf course.
The Amazing Spiderman 2 This series is still better than the Toby McGuire one. I actually cared if Gwen Stacy died.
Odd Thomas I understand the critics who didn't like the uneven tone. Way uneven. Still worth watching on Netflix.
Star Trek Into DarknessGood movie. Please, for the love of tribbles, let old Spock die.
Grown Ups 2 Critics, attack. Whatever you want to say about this one, I'm okay with it.
Thor: The Dark World Still very, very good. But I'd like an entire Thor movie set just in Asgard.