RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Space-Time - RightNation.US

Space-Time Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 16 October 2018 - 08:12 PM

I've often thought that quantum mechanics lets you truly see the fine structure of reality, in many ways kind of like looking at the source code for the Matrix. Most of the time what you find out will freak you out.

#42 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 16 October 2018 - 10:35 PM

View PostSeverian, on 16 October 2018 - 08:12 PM, said:

I've often thought that quantum mechanics lets you truly see the fine structure of reality, in many ways kind of like looking at the source code for the Matrix. Most of the time what you find out will freak you out.

Exactly how I have been approaching the subject. We are basically a much more massively complex version of the game The Sims or in a MMORPG. Quantum Physics is showing us the underlying coding/algorithms that govern our universe/dimension/instance that we find ourselves in. The speed of light is really about the speed of causality, or so I have heard. I think some of the rule sets for particle speeds and behaviors, gravity (defragmenting), time dilation and length contractions, etc are examples of how the 'hardware' or 'OS' is limiting throughput or is limited in bandwidth - or read/write speed. Distant galaxies, or relativistic properties of spacetime (the data itself or the medium upon which is is written holographically) and velocities nearing c deal with switching realms/servers and help offload computational stresses of it all. You can think of black holes as large tape backup arrays. These are poor approximations/guestimations, but I think the gist of what I am saying is clear if not a bit out there.

I am in no way trying to start a Intelligent Design debate here I swear, but the more I study about our Universe, the more I see how it is all math, all the way down (or all the way up). But, not just natural math where 1+1 always equals 2, but programmed, calculated, ordered math. Quantum fields are like the underlying hardware/ROM/BIOS/Source Code and our universe is an OS with countless programs/systems/subsystems, complete with protocols that govern communication throughout which in turn allow for data collection and retention. Uncertainty principle/wave-particle duality is about data compression because we don't really need to burn up clock cycles calculating everything in the universe. It just needs to be approximated unless you want to take the time to look really close and then it will settle on something more finite.

I am merely trying to relate with my feeble brain how I picture it working and these are probably poorly drawn pictures, but I think most will get the idea.

#43 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 17 October 2018 - 01:56 PM

View PostJunto, on 16 October 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:

Is there a bigger significance to what he is saying when he says that they were able to choose the path a quantum particle made, after it had made the journey? Is this a case of a strictly odd quantum behavior, and not something that applies to our normal life, or physics as we know it?

Of course it applies to Real LifeTM, or at least Politics. Haven't you ever noticed how votes seem to magically change whenever Democrats do a recount? It'd proof positive that particles such as ballots can change from one spin to the other just by counting them.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users