RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Pictures from My Brother, with Explanations - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1

Pictures from My Brother, with Explanations

#1 User is offline   Firestorm 

• Hero of the Day
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 21 May 2004 - 01:03 PM

First and foremost, note that my brother (3/8th Batallion, 1st Calvary Div.) is staying at one of Saddam's palaces, and is sharing a room with another officer.

This first photo is a pair of chairs that they have in their room. The chair with a smiley face on it is a chair that my brother retrieved from a junk yard. The other chair was previously owned by Saddam Hussein.

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   Firestorm 

• Hero of the Day

Posted 21 May 2004 - 01:04 PM

During the invasion of Iraq, this palace was damaged. The unit previously HQ'd out of it did not repair most of the damage, as can be seen in this picture here.

Attached File(s)

#3 User is offline   Firestorm 

• Hero of the Day

Posted 21 May 2004 - 01:05 PM

Seen here is a chandelier that is inside a part of the palace. Note that this chandalier was put in place during a time when some Iraqis were so poor they probably didn't even have a roof.

Attached File(s)

#4 User is offline   Firestorm 

• Hero of the Day

Posted 21 May 2004 - 01:06 PM

Here's another shot of the inside of the palace.

Attached File(s)

#5 User is offline   Firestorm 

• Hero of the Day

Posted 21 May 2004 - 01:07 PM

Here's a shot of some flowers that are somewhere on the compound.

Attached File(s)

#6 User is offline   Army Nightstalker 

• <no title>

Posted 29 May 2004 - 09:35 AM

safety and quick trip home safely to your brother firestorm.
Wambaby 1/1 cav blackhawks honoree :wtf:

#7 User is offline   olehippy13 

• <no title>
  • Group: Community-Supported

Posted 28 December 2004 - 10:01 PM

As a former Medic during VietNam.....this is what I recall about war.
These pictures are graphic, and they are from the Iraq war.

The dead may be the fortunate ones.....

Think long and hard before you commit troops, support them 150% now and always.
Olehippy13
Former Medic VietNam

#8 User is offline   ilja 

• Go ahead, read my mind!!!
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 28 December 2004 - 10:08 PM

Thanks for the posts Firestorm. Please give your brother my thanks and a big hug when he comes home.

Olehippy, war is horrible, there is no question. Supporting the troops is also unquestionable. Thank you for serving!

#9 User is offline   Firestorm 

• Hero of the Day

Posted 28 December 2004 - 10:37 PM

ilja, on Dec 28 2004, 10:08 PM, said:

Thanks for the posts Firestorm. Please give your brother my thanks and a big hug when he comes home.

Olehippy, war is horrible, there is no question. Supporting the troops is also unquestionable. Thank you for serving!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, right now we're royally pissed at his captain.

When grandma passed away last week, we wound up sending him several Red Cross messages in addition to his wife trying to contact him by phone and by e-mail (she finally got through to him by e-mail). Not only did his captain not let him come home for the funeral (it was yesterday), but the guy admitted the night before the funeral that he had indeed gotten the Red Cross messages; he just didn't think them important enough to pass on to my brother.

Messing around with a Blair is not adviseable for those who want a long, happy, healthy life (when one of my dad's female relatives got married, one of his male relatives informed the groom that if she got mistreated the cops would never find his body).

#10 User is offline   ilja 

• Go ahead, read my mind!!!
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 28 December 2004 - 11:21 PM

Firestorm, on Dec 28 2004, 09:37 PM, said:

Well, right now we're royally pissed at his captain.

When grandma passed away last week, we wound up sending him several Red Cross messages in addition to his wife trying to contact him by phone and by e-mail (she finally got through to him by e-mail). Not only did his captain not let him come home for the funeral (it was yesterday),  but the guy admitted the night before the funeral that he had indeed gotten the Red Cross messages; he just didn't think them important enough to pass on to my brother.

Messing around with a Blair is not adviseable for those who want a long, happy, healthy life (when one of my dad's female relatives got married, one of his male relatives informed the groom that if she got mistreated the cops would never find his body).
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh Firestorm I am so sorry. That is ridiculous to put it mildly. Any other words I would like to use would not be fit to post.

My condolences to you and your family at the loss of your Grandmother.

#11 User is offline   olehippy13 

• <no title>
  • Group: Community-Supported

Posted 29 December 2004 - 05:41 AM

Believe me or not, .....but my Grandmother died while I was in VietNam and I was not told until a week after her funeral. I did not get to come home. I have seen fellows leave for a month at a time because of illnesses in thier family, and return, but I think it was in their immeiadate family, ie, father, mother, brother, sister....not any Grand's or Uncles, Aunts. The military is funny that way, why I dont know. In a War Zone, I think they get even weirder about their regulations.

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandmother. Dont be to hard on your brothers Capt, I suppose he is just trying to do his job too....

Olehippy13
former Medic VietNam

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users