RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: RedState Wag cartoon: The Benefits of Exercise - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

RedState Wag cartoon: The Benefits of Exercise Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 16 November 2019 - 03:03 PM

Link to cartoon

https://www.redstate.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Trim-Dogs-2.jpg

#2 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 16 November 2019 - 03:07 PM

Isn't that the truth. I have a hard time dropping weight. I heard that meth really does a number on the weight though?

#3 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 16 November 2019 - 03:36 PM

LOL. Love it.

And yeah, LOL, meth will make you skinny. Skeletons in coffins are very skinny indeed.

;)

#4 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 16 November 2019 - 04:10 PM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 16 November 2019 - 03:07 PM, said:

Isn't that the truth. I have a hard time dropping weight. I heard that meth really does a number on the weight though?

I dropped 60 pounds since January 1st. I can post specifics about how I did it if anyone's interested. Here's the highlights:

- First of all, understand that your body adapts to your lifestyle. It has no choice. Change your lifestyle and your body WILL adapt.

- Eat a low fat diet. Fat contains 9 calories per gram. Carbohydrates contain 4 calories per gram. This means that if you take two plates of food that weigh the same, the plate that is lower in fat content will have fewer calories.

- Exercise with weights at least 30 minutes per day, 6 days per week. This is necessary to keep the metabolism from slowing down due to reduced calorie intake. Design an exercise routine that hits every muscle each day. Start light and add weight when you feel like you can.

- There will be days when you deviate from the plan. Don't worry about it. It's what you do MOST of the time that matters.

- Don't weigh yourself every day. You'll only depress yourself. If you were to chart your weight loss you would find that it's a jagged line trending downwards (I've done it). If you weigh yourself every day you will have times when you gain weight for a few days in a row due to food building up inside and water retention. Weigh yourself once a week at the most. Currently, I weigh myself on the first of each month.

- Stick with it.

#5 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:42 PM

My husband and I have been doing the starch based diet for over a year now. We did not do it to lose weight. As a matter of fact, after a month of eating rice, potatoes, fruits, and vegetables, I thought I would have weighed more. So I stayed away from the scale out of fear. But when I went to my once a month oncology appointment, I weighed less than the month before.

It's been a year now (on Thanksgiving) and I weigh 25 pounds less than when I started. The reason we tried this diet was based on Dr. McDoogal's youTube videos, the "Forks over knives" documentary on Netflix, and the "What the Health" documentary on Netflix. All three referred to this study about cancer and China.
(If you watch the Netflix shows, be ready to zip past an Obama interview in one and an Arnold Swarzenegger interview in the other.)

A year ago my husband was looking for a cure for his A-FIB. And he also has (or rather had) high blood pressure. He's lost over 30 pounds. So we're happy about that. And it did work for his bp. But he still has A-FIB and I still have cancer. However, you can't prove a negative, so we might be "better" than if we weren't eating this way. He eats mostly rice and beans and I eat mostly rice and pasta. (You wouldn't think I'd lose weight, huh?) But I have. And I've kept it off for a year. We still "cheat" occasionally. But I don't crave meat or dairy like I thought I would.

I drew the cartoon years ago when I had two pit-labs and was walking many miles a week. My lungs won't allow me to do that any longer. :confused:

But I'm still here. So I'm happy for that.
Re: weight loss. There are many different ways. And I am happy when someone finds a method that works for them. (I wouldn't expect anyone else to try the drastic diet I'm on--except it does have a lot of health benefits.)

This post has been edited by Wag-a-Muffin (D): 16 November 2019 - 06:05 PM

#6 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:04 PM

View PostWag-a-Muffin (D), on 16 November 2019 - 05:42 PM, said:

My husband and I have been doing the starch based diet for over a year now. We did not do it to lose weight. As a matter of fact, after a month of eating rice, potatoes, fruits, and vegetables, I thought I would have weighed more. But nope. It's been a year now (on Thanksgiving) and I weigh 25 pounds less. What we did it for was there's this study about cancer and China. And my husband has (or rather had) high blood pressure. He's lost over 30 pounds. So we're happy about that. And it did work for his bp. But he still has A-Fib and I still have cancer. However, you can't prove a negative, so we might be "better" than if we weren't eating this way. He eats mostly rice and beans and I eat mostly rice and pasta. (You wouldn't think I'd lose weight, huh?) But I have. And I've kept it off for a year. We still "cheat" occasionally. But I don't crave meat or dairy like I thought I would.

I drew the cartoon years ago when I had two pit-labs and was walking many miles a week. My lungs won't allow me to do that any longer. :confused:

But I'm still here. So I'm happy for that.
Re: weight loss. There are many different ways. And I am happy when someone finds a method that works for them. (I wouldn't expect anyone else to try the drastic diet I'm on--except it does have a lot of health benefits.)

HUGE believer in something between "South Beach" and "Mediterranean". Have I lost any lbs? (And I could stand to lose at least 2 stone). To be honest, No, But I do feel "Better" In ways that I cant quite quantify but that are "real".

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users