RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Trump grants clemency to 2 Army officers accused of war crimes, restor - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trump grants clemency to 2 Army officers accused of war crimes, restor Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   catpat 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:21 PM

Trump grants clemency to 2 Army officers accused of war crimes, restores rank to Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher

By Melissa Leon, Lucas Tomlinson | Fox News

November 15, 2019

Excerpt

President Trump has granted clemency to two Army officers accused or convicted of war crimes and restored Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher to the rank of chief petty officer after he was docked a pay grade after being convicted of posing for a photo with a dead Islamic State (ISIS) fighter, the White House announced Friday.

Army 1st Lt. Clint Lorance could be released from the military prison at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, as soon as Friday evening, six years after being found guilty of second-degree murder. Maj. Matt Golsteyn, a former Green Beret, will have the murder charge against him dropped.

President Trump has granted clemency to two Army officers accused or convicted of war crimes and restored Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher to the rank of chief petty officer after he was docked a pay grade after being convicted of posing for a photo with a dead Islamic State (ISIS) fighter, the White House announced Friday.

Army 1st Lt. Clint Lorance could be released from the military prison at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, as soon as Friday evening, six years after being found guilty of second-degree murder. Maj. Matt Golsteyn, a former Green Beret, will have the murder charge against him dropped.

"I truly believe that we are blessed as a nation to have a commander in chief that stands up for our war fighters, and cares about how they and their families are treated," he said.

"Our military is the best in the world, and with steadfast and supportive leadership -- like we have in this president, our fighting force will only get stronger," Eddie Gallagher added.

It was the second time the Army investigated the 2010 case after an initial probe didn't find sufficient evidence to bring charges. A second investigation was opened in 2016 and Golsteyn was charged in December 2018. He faced life in prison if convicted and was stripped of his Special Forces tab and Silver Star award for valor.

Golsteyn was charged with murder after telling Fox News' Bret Baier in 2016 that he was concerned that if he released the suspected Taliban bomber, he would strike again. At one point, Baier asked Golsteyn if he'd killed the Taliban bomber.

"Yes," Golsteyn replied.

His family had called the case a "complete set-up," a "farce" and a "kangaroo court."

Trump had tweeted on Oct. 12 that he was reviewing Golsteyn's case.

"Matthew is a highly decorated Green Beret who is being tried for killing a Taliban bomb maker," the president wrote. "We train our boys to be killing machines, then prosecute them when they kill!

Matt's wife, Julie Golsteyn, had said at the time that the president's tweet had given their family hope.

"I don't know how much more ridiculous it can get," she added. "Matt was cleared and then their story changed. It is so rigged."

<snip>

More here.

#2 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:30 PM

"I don't know how much more ridiculous it can get," she added. "Matt was cleared and then their story changed. It is so rigged."

I am certain that PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump can relate.

#3 User is offline   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:55 PM

I sometimes had the feeling that the officers obozo put in charge were more interested in appearing PC than in being a military commander in wartime. Going after soldiers for things that happen in a combat zone, multiple collisions of Navy ships, flying accidents up...you'd think someone would have done something!

#4 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence

Posted 15 November 2019 - 10:00 PM

Patton was in Mexico fighting Pancho Villa with Black Jack Pershing. In his memoirs Patton talks about killing two Mexican rebels, then tying them to the fenders of his car and driving through several villages on his way back to camp, to make a statement. We need to get back to that more honest attitude about war, not this wimpy BS.

He had to say words over them when they buried them, he said “Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, if Pancho won’t bury you, Uncle Sam must.”

#5 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 15 November 2019 - 10:12 PM

Now he needs to pardon Roger Stone ASAP.

#6 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:26 PM

I like it. I especially like that the CINC who probably has a gazillion other things on his plate at any given moment, is taking the time for this. :thumbsup:

#7 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 16 November 2019 - 12:43 AM

View PostBookdoc, on 15 November 2019 - 08:55 PM, said:

I sometimes had the feeling that the officers obozo put in charge were more interested in appearing PC than in being a military commander in wartime. Going after soldiers for things that happen in a combat zone, multiple collisions of Navy ships, flying accidents up...you'd think someone would have done something!

Sometimes?

View PostSeverian, on 15 November 2019 - 10:00 PM, said:

Patton was in Mexico fighting Pancho Villa with Black Jack Pershing. In his memoirs Patton talks about killing two Mexican rebels, then tying them to the fenders of his car and driving through several villages on his way back to camp, to make a statement. We need to get back to that more honest attitude about war, not this wimpy BS.

He had to say words over them when they buried them, he said “Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, if Pancho won’t bury you, Uncle Sam must.”

:biglaugh:

:thumbsup:

Quite the wordsmith, he was

#8 User is online   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:24 AM

When the U.S. makes no excuses for taking out Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, why should our troops on the ground in a war zone have to operate any different? Act nice to your enemy and we'll bring you home in a nice body bag...

This post has been edited by NH Populist: 16 November 2019 - 07:25 AM

#9 User is offline   Big Dave 

• ...and yes, I am compensating for something.
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:29 AM

View PostSeverian, on 15 November 2019 - 10:00 PM, said:

We need someone like that today..... :salute:

#10 User is online   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:30 AM

View PostRock N, on 15 November 2019 - 10:12 PM, said:

He will wait until after the election. That way the left can't use it to rally the moron's that are too doped up to show up to vote.

#11 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 16 November 2019 - 12:47 PM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 16 November 2019 - 07:30 AM, said:

He will wait until after the election. That way the left can't use it to rally the moron's that are too doped up to show up to vote.

That's what I had figured, too.

In the mean time, here's the link to petition pardoning Roger Stone:

https://petitions.wh...n-roger-stone-0

I've already signed it.

SWAT teamed at 3AM, then later convicted by a jury of 91% Hillary supporters (peers, my ass) for allegedly lying to congress about an illegitimate witch hunt which was all a lie made up by them for political harassment and a coup. :nuts:

If ever there was a case for a pardon, this one is it.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 16 November 2019 - 12:51 PM

#12 User is online   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 16 November 2019 - 02:23 PM

It was the second time the Army investigated the 2010 case after an initial probe didn't find sufficient evidence to bring charges. A second investigation was opened in 2016 and Golsteyn was charged in December 2018. He faced life in prison if convicted and was stripped of his Special Forces tab and Silver Star award for valor.

This right here is because of the Obama administration. They chose to prosecute this guy after they changed prosecutors. There was a big shift in the military between 2012 and 2014. A lot of us Senior Officers were passed over for promotion at extremely low rates and we were then replaced by junior officers that were promoted at higher rates after we were gone. That's how you shift the paradigm of leadership in a military, fire one generation and replace it with a rapidly promoted next gen.

#13 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 17 November 2019 - 12:44 AM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 16 November 2019 - 02:23 PM, said:

This right here is because of the Obama administration. They chose to prosecute this guy after they changed prosecutors. There was a big shift in the military between 2012 and 2014. A lot of us Senior Officers were passed over for promotion at extremely low rates and we were then replaced by junior officers that were promoted at higher rates after we were gone. That's how you shift the paradigm of leadership in a military, fire one generation and replace it with a rapidly promoted next gen.

Replaced by progtards that is.

#14 User is offline   Kilmerfan 

• Ah hell I still like Mel.

Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:11 AM

View PostRock N, on 15 November 2019 - 10:12 PM, said:

I agree

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users