RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Arsenic Found In Bottled Water Sold At Whole Foods, Walmart, Target - RightNation.US

Arsenic Found In Bottled Water Sold At Whole Foods, Walmart, Target Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is online   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 27 June 2019 - 03:37 AM

View PostSeverian, on 26 June 2019 - 02:45 PM, said:

As for the organic natural crowd, whenever they say it's all natural so it has to be good, I point out that arsenic and strychnine are both "natural."

Too funny! I too have used that those examples, plus cyanide, in discussing such things. :P

This post has been edited by Howsithangin: 27 June 2019 - 03:37 AM

#42 User is offline   BerkeleyUnderground 

• <no title>
  • Group: Silver

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:45 AM

When I was a kid, I went to day camp for a few weeks every Summer.

And there , there was a drinking fountain with, I think, spring water.

It was so delicious and refreshing and cool and with a heavy taste of iron.

#43 User is offline   BerkeleyUnderground 

• <no title>
  • Group: Silver

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:49 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 22 June 2019 - 01:46 PM, said:

I remember all the years I was told I needed vitamins and minerals. Now all of a sudden minerals cause "all kinds of problems"?

If you lived with it, I think you'd soon realize how many unwanted things mineral laden water causes like water spots on everything, blocked shower heads, etc., etc..

#44 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:35 AM

View PostBerkeleyUnderground, on 27 June 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

If you lived with it, I think you'd soon realize how many unwanted things mineral laden water causes like water spots on everything, blocked shower heads, etc., etc..

Well, if a rock falls on your head, that's minerals, is it good or not? :whistling:

#45 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:46 AM

View PostBerkeleyUnderground, on 27 June 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

I do live with that. Both of our sinks (kitchen and bathroom) as well as the shower stall, all have those accumulated "water spots" that must be scrubbed off with steel wool every time we clean up the house. I have no idea if that means we have "good" water or "bad" water..."hard" water or "soft" water..."clean" water or "polluted" water...or something else entirely.

All I know is that it tastes just fine to me.

:shrug:

#46 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:51 AM

View PostHowsithangin, on 25 June 2019 - 10:42 PM, said:

Interesting. I didn't know you worked in the water industry.

I don't, per se. I design control systems. But over the years a lot of the projects in the semiconductor, food&beverage, oil&gas, power generation sectors had have water treatment as part of the project and/or needing to be integrated into the control system.

View PostHowsithangin, on 25 June 2019 - 10:42 PM, said:

You mention "lead pipes". Is it lead pipes or lead solder on copper and steel pipes?

Both, but MOSTLY the pipes. Up until the early/mid 1980s, the pipes getting from the water main to the entrance of a house or building were pure lead. I'm not sure why, but a guess would be that lead was malleable enough there's less risk of breakage.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users