RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: RN Tributes to the Lives of 9/11 Victims - RightNation.US

• 2 Pages +

RN Tributes to the Lives of 9/11 Victims

#1 User is offline   ilja 

• Go ahead, read my mind!!!
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 11 September 2006 - 03:57 PM

In honor of the lives lived by those we lost on September 11th, 2001 a project was begun where Bloggers and Internet Posters across the country would each be assigned a particular 9/11 victim. This project was different than those in the past as we were to talk about their lives and not just the way they were taken from us.

Naturally, several RN posters stepped up to the plate for this great cause and contributed, each in their own particular style. We decided it might be easier, especially for those of you who are not use to visiting the Blogs, if we posted a small excerpt from each tribute and a link to the rest of the tribute at the end of each excerpt for your convenience in this one thread. If I have left any out, please let me know.

In Memory of Richard S. Gabrielle
by Chris Naron

Richard S. Gabrielle was a fifty year old insurance broker who loved cars, especially his Volkswagen, "Baby P". He resided in West Haven, Conn, and worked in New York City...in the World Trade Center. <snip>

We must celebrate your life to heal,
Live our lives to the fullest to get beyond the pain.
You left this earth a hero
And your spirit will always remain.

The Conservative Mindcleaner

Mon Gjonbalaj
by Bradford

Excerpt from the NY Daily News

It was five years ago today that Bekim Gjonbalaj was filled with dread as he watched United Airlines Flight 175 cut into the south tower on live TV. His dad, Mon Gjonbalaj, was on the 86th floor, one level above impact. The two had just finished a phone conversation. <snip>

The beloved dad, an ethnic Albanian who escaped Communist Yugoslavia, brought his family to the U.S. in 1971 and quickly found a maintenance job at the World Trade Center. He called one last time to speak to his wife.

The Republitarian Register

Laura A. Giglio (11/03/1965 - 09/11/2001)
by Walter

Laura A. Giglio was a lovely and vibrant young woman who made invaluable contributions to the lives of those around her. The following is a small collection of accounts, from those who knew her, celebrating a live lived, never lost. <snip>

A chance encounter on the Long Island Rail Road in 1996 brought Joseph Mendez and Laura Giglio Marchese together. She was on her way to work as an executive assistant at Reliance Consulting in Manhattan, and Mendez, an employee of the Long Island Railroad, just happened to be on the train.

"I approached her before she was getting off the train," Mendez said. "I liked her right away, and wanted to know if she was involved with anyone. She wasn't."

The Man Behind the Curtain

George Cain: A Lyrical Life
by Mooga

Maybe a man's worth can be measured by the beauty of the words he inspires in those who knew him best. If there's any truth in that proposition, then firefighter George Cain was a very fine man indeed, for in dying, he has made poets of the family he left behind. George's sister, Nancy, recalls his "infectious" laugh. On George's 40th birthday, which fell on this past May 13th, his mother, Rosemary, wrote: " I close my eyes, go back in time, and you are here beside me, telling me you love me just once more."

Detractor Fidei

For George Paris (9/11)
by CarolA1222

. . . The accounts Iíve read of George. He was a man to be admired a great loss to our society as well as his family. What he would have accomplished in his lifetime none of us know. I know He is missed by his family especially his wife and children.. George Paris should never be forgotten by anyone. <snip>

There is a plan far greater that the plan you know
There is a landscape broader that the one you see
There is a haven where storm-tossed souls may go
You call it death- we, immortality

An Insomniac's Corner

In Memory of Mary Rubina Sperando
by Annie

I've been thinking of how to eulogize you. I'm going to let the ones that loved you and knew you speak. Please know that you are in all of our hearts, even the ones that didn't know you, on September 11. We won't forget. We'll keep you in words and in prayers and be forever thankful that you touched so many lives in your short time on Earth. May God bless you and your loved ones. So from the word of you friends and loved ones I have below:

She(Mary Rubino Sperando) said "If a baby smiles at you, they saw your angel."

An Insomniac's Corner

In Memoriam, Chief Petty Officer, Donald M. Young
by USNJIMRET

I never knew Chief Young.

I knew many Chief Young's.

For he was a Chief Petty Officer in the United States Navy. A position long honored and selective of membership.

My son in law knew him, having served on the same ship (USS Bataan).

His loss to his family, his Navy and his Nation in the dastardly attack on the Pentagon on 9/11/2001 is but a small part of the loss that the Nation endured that day. Yet his loss is no less important then any other, for each lost soul that awful day marks yet another reason for eternal and force backed vigilance against an enemy who would destroy all of us, given the chance.

Musings of a Mushy Mind

Nick, I Wish I Knew You
by ilja

According to his mother, from the time he was a little boy, he had dreamed of working at the Pentagon. That is what Pick's mother, Mrs. Jewel Lyons of Pine Bluff, Arkansas, told me on the phone today. Pick was the nickname given to her son by his Aunt when he was just a little boy due to his small size and it seemed to stick with him to adulthood, at least with his family.

Elusively Yours

And this is suppose to be the link to the whole project but it's been down pretty much all day. It's probably getting too much traffic.

Thank you for remembering with us. B)

Edited to add updated link. I think it's working now.

This post has been edited by ilja: 11 September 2006 - 04:48 PM

#2 User is offline   ArmyMAJretired 

• Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid!
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 11 September 2006 - 04:00 PM

Phil Pettit, Power Memorial Academy, Class of 1976
LT, FDNY

We weren't very close in High School and I lost touch with him during college and my Army days.

He was part of the Bravests and he is missed by all his fomer classmates!

In all 4 alumni from my High School died that September day.

#3 User is offline   USNJIMRET 

• Rule 1:The Chief is right Rule 2:If in doubt, check Rule 1
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 11 September 2006 - 04:13 PM

View PostArmyMAJretired, on Sep 11 2006, 03:00 PM, said:

LT, FDNY

We weren't very close in High School and I lost touch with him during college and my Army days.

Such a large number! Did you know more then just the one? And even that is coincidence almost beyond belief.

I have yet to gather the nerve to look at the entire list of names from the Pentagon, lest I find someone I actually knew. I still carry the fury that I had since a little after 0700 MST 9/11/01, and I don't need to EVER have any of that anger tempered by the sadness that would accompany actually grieving for a lost shipmate.

You have my condolences for having lost someone you knew, even if there had been some drifting apart over the years.

#4 User is offline   ilja 

• View blog

Posted 11 September 2006 - 06:10 PM

View PostArmyMAJretired, on Sep 11 2006, 04:00 PM, said:

LT, FDNY

ArmyMAJretired, I'm so sorry for your loss. :unsure: I can't imagine even knowing someone from my high-school days was a victim of 9/11, and especially 4.

It just dawned on me, Class of 1976? You were a Bicentennial Graduate?

#5 User is offline   Wooster 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 11 September 2006 - 06:33 PM

:unsure: :bang:
Words fail me.

#6 User is offline   tgb1 

• The Great Bald One

Posted 11 September 2006 - 06:44 PM

Michael Horrocks.

Co-pilot United flight 175.

For a friend.

#7 User is offline   Glynn 

• Plato said "Man...is a tame or civilized animal; never the
  • Group: Silver

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:35 PM

Y2N Melissa Rose Barnes, 27, died at the Pentagon. Melissa was in strenuous training to join a specialized Navy rescue team. She was making the Navy her career and actually should have already been gone from the Pentagon, but stayed to train her replacement. She grew up with my girls. Her mother, Linda, and I were best friends. With all that happened on September 11, I never thought to be worried about Melissa. It wasn't until the next day that I got a one line e-mail from her mother. They can't find Missy, it said. We called her Missy. They never did find Missy.

#8 User is offline   ilja 

• View blog

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:38 PM

View Posttgb1, on Sep 11 2006, 06:44 PM, said:

Michael Horrocks.

For a friend.

His family, friends and loved one will be in my prayers tgb1. :hug:

#9 User is offline   ilja 

• View blog

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:41 PM

View PostGlynn, on Sep 11 2006, 08:35 PM, said:

Y2N Melissa Rose Barnes, 27, died at the Pentagon. Melissa was in strenuous training to join a specialized Navy rescue team. She was making the Navy her career and actually should have already been gone from the Pentagon, but stayed to train her replacement. She grew up with my girls. Her mother, Linda, and I were best friends. With all that happened on September 11, I never thought to be worried about Melissa. It wasn't until the next day that I got a one line e-mail from her mother. They can't find Missy, it said. We called her Missy. They never did find Missy.

Glynn, I'm so sorry about Missy. I just prayed for God to help everyone who was touched by Missy's life including yourself. :hug:

#10 User is offline   Dublin5 

• <no title>
  • View blog
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:48 PM

View PostArmyMAJretired, on Sep 11 2006, 05:00 PM, said:

LT, FDNY

Glynn Today, 09:35 PM

View Posttgb1, on Sep 11 2006, 07:44 PM, said:

Michael Horrocks.

For a friend.

Prayed for them and their families. Thank you for telling us about them. God rest.

#11 User is offline   ArmyMAJretired 

• Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid!

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:52 PM

View Postilja, on Sep 11 2006, 03:10 PM, said:

ArmyMAJretired, I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug: I can't imagine even knowing someone from my high-school days was a victim of 9/11, and especially 4.

It just dawned on me, Class of 1976? You were a Bicentennial Graduate?

Yep, 30th Anniversary this October 14th in NYC.

Power Memorial was a Catholic, all male H.S. Many alum are firefighters and cops. It was run by the Irish Christian Brothers, so Ranger school was no probelm after 15 years co Catholic discipline (I graduated from St. John's University in 1979 (Clep'd out of 30 credits. Later as a CPT. I taught ROTC in Jersey City at St. Peter's College.

I proposed to MrsArmyMAJretired, also an ArmyMAJretired on Valentines day 1989 at Windows on the World in the WTC! As a native New Yorker my hatred for our enemies burns hotter.

I had 2 Power classmates that went to West Point and are now retired also.

God Bless all those lost and those left to carry on without them.

Victory is the only exit strategy. :ph34r:

#12 User is offline   Senrab 

• Joshua Tree
  • Group: Gold

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:26 PM

Melissa Vincent, 28, killed in the WTC.

Melissa went to my high school, Notre Dame High School in Batavia, NY. She graduated 8 years before me. She was a cousin of the principal at the time I attended there. Although I did not know Melissa, I have been thinking about her and her family today.

#13 User is offline   ilja 

• View blog

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:40 AM

View PostSenrab, on Sep 11 2006, 11:26 PM, said:

Melissa went to my high school, Notre Dame High School in Batavia, NY. She graduated 8 years before me. She was a cousin of the principal at the time I attended there. Although I did not know Melissa, I have been thinking about her and her family today.

Thanks for telling us about Melissa Senrab. I've added her loved ones to my prayers. :D

#14 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:43 AM

http://www.newsday.com/media/photo/2001-11/1101141.jpg
May God Bless Billy Minardi, an employee working for Cantor Fitzgerald on the 105th floor of the WTC when he lost his life on 9/11.

He was the brother in law and best friend of our University of Louisville men's basketball coach, Rick Pitino. :D

#15 User is offline   CarolA1222 

• <no title>

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:26 AM

View PostRock N' Roll Right Winger, on Sep 12 2006, 02:43 AM, said:

http://www.newsday.com/media/photo/2001-11/1101141.jpg
May God Bless Billy Minardi, an employee working for Cantor Fitzgerald on the 105th floor of the WTC when he lost his life on 9/11.

He was the brother in law and best friend of our University of Louisville men's basketball coach, Rick Pitino. -_-

My cousin Vincent Wells aged 22 worked at Cantor Fitzgerald. He was also Killed on the terrible day. :(

I am very sorry for your loss R&R. I feel for everybody that lost their loved ones that day. :comfort:

#16 User is offline   Senrab 

• Joshua Tree

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:53 AM

View PostCarolA1222, on Sep 12 2006, 07:26 AM, said:

My cousin Vincent Wells aged 22 worked at Cantor Fitzgerald. He was also Killed on the terrible day. :(

I am very sorry for your loss R&R. I feel for everybody that lost their loved ones that day. :comfort:

I'm sorry about your cousin, Carol. -_-

#17 User is offline   Siren 

• I See You!

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:08 AM

View PostSenrab, on Sep 12 2006, 12:26 AM, said:

Melissa lived down the street from me in Hoboken, NJ. I only knew her in passing, to say hello when I saw her in the neighborhood. I remember seeing her missing person flyers everywhere and being sad that I didn't know her better.

#18 User is offline   Siren 

• I See You!

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:29 AM

Here's one of the many people that I thought about yesterday:

William Lum, Jr.

Bill graduated from Bryant College (now University) in 1976 when I was not yet 5 years old. Two years after I graduated from Bryant, I met Bill at an alumni function. He had been working at Guy Carpenter then but was working at Marsh at the time of the attacks. Bill had never worked in any other building. He loved the WTC so much, that he would only interview at companies in the building because he never wanted to work anywhere else. I would occassionally meet Bill for lunch, bringing sandwiches up to the observation deck so we could be on top of the world. When anyone would visit Bill, he always took them to the WTC, it was his most loved spot in the whole city (mine too, which is what originally brought us together). In a way, it's almost fitting that he died on 9/11, because no one that knew him could ever picture him being anywhere else. He was a true gentleman who is missed by many friends.

#19 User is offline   CarolA1222 

• <no title>

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:27 AM

View PostSenrab, on Sep 12 2006, 07:53 AM, said:

I'm sorry about your cousin, Carol. :bang:

Thank you Senrab. :hug: I really did not find out, till my Brother in England told me.The American Government flew his Family to NY for the memorial service. which was really appeciated. My Brother told me Vincent was on the phone to his brother in Australia when the first plane hit. Then the connection was lost.

#20 User is offline   res0zs8l 

• Dennis Clark

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:16 AM

Todd Beamer
Flight 93
Let's Roll.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users