RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: 12 Killed, Including Sheriff's Sergeant, - RightNation.US

12 Killed, Including Sheriff's Sergeant, in Thousand Oaks Bar Shooting Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:59 AM

12 Killed, Including Sheriff's Sergeant, in Thousand Oaks Bar Shooting

NBC Los Angeles
By Jason Kandel and Elizabeth Campos
Published Nov 7, 2018 at 11:50 PM | Updated 5 minutes ago

excerpt:

A man fired a gun at a bar in a city in Ventura County on Wednesday night, leaving 11 college night revelers dead and fatally wounding a sheriff's sergeant who responded to the emergency before the gunman was reported dead.

The incident happened during a college night at 11:15 p.m. at the Borderline Bar & Grill at 99 Rolling Oaks Drive in Thousand Oaks, about 40 miles west of Los Angeles, said Capt. Garo Karedjian, a spokesman for the Ventura County Sheriff's Office.

Ventura County Sheriff Geoff Dean said his agency received multiple calls of shots being fired at the bar.

Minutes later, sheriff's Sgt. Ron Helus and a California Highway Patrol officer went in to respond to the gunshots. Helus was a 29-year veteran and was looking to retire, Dean said.

"He went in to save lives," Dean said, his voice cracking. "He went in to save other people."

Deputies found 11 dead victims inside. Multiple others were reported injured.

No details were immediately available on the conditions of the victims and officials had no information about the gunman. There was no word on what motivated the shooting.

A bomb squad was combing through the scene after some reported smoke bombs going off during the gunfire.

Some reported breaking through windows and ducking under tables to escape the fusillade.

Mitchel Hunter, 19, from Simi Valley, said he saw the gunman. He described him as having light skin with black hair. He said he had a short-barreled semi automatic pistol with a big magazine.

*snip*

LINK

Not good. I also heard on TV something about the killer using smoke grenades. I also heard the killer was dead.

#2 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:29 AM

More madness.. :(

#3 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:57 AM

I’ve read reports that some of the people in the bar survived the Las Vegas shooting last year.

Killer identified:
Link

#4 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:58 AM

.45 cal Glock. Kind of undercuts the meme that only the AR15's ultra lethal round is a killer doesn't it?

And again, gun free zone/target rich environment.

#5 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:30 PM

May the killer rot in hell. And I saw that on TV too LB, that some people there were also at the Vegas shooting.

View PostSeverian, on 08 November 2018 - 11:58 AM, said:

.45 cal Glock. Kind of undercuts the meme that only the AR15's ultra lethal round is a killer doesn't it?

And again, gun free zone/target rich environment.

NBC article is stressing it was a legally purchased Glock 21, but no mention that the extended mag was illegal in California.

#6 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:46 PM

12 killed?

Black gang members kill thousands of people in the United States every year and the liberal media only mention it in passing...

#7 User is online   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:48 PM

View Postgrimreefer, on 08 November 2018 - 12:30 PM, said:

May the killer rot in hell. And I saw that on TV too LB, that some people there were also at the Vegas shooting.

NBC article is stressing it was a legally purchased Glock 21, but no mention that the extended mag was illegal in California.

Amazing how they talk all about how it was legally purchased in this instance but be damn if they ever make it a point to mention when it was an illegally acquired firearm. Fox is saying he fired at least thirty shots, that means he reloaded at least once, making the whole extended magazine a moot point.
One thing I can about guarantee is we will know everything about the gun he used but nothing about the meds he was on.

Oki

#8 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:55 PM

Nothing about meds, but he has a history...

California bar shooting leaves 12 dead, including sheriff's sergeant, police say

Fox News
By Katherine Lam, Stephen Sorace
November 08, 2018

excerpt:

A former Marine -- armed with a Glock 21 .45-caliber handgun with an illegal extended magazine -- opened fire on a packed California country music bar Wednesday night, killing 12 people, including a veteran sheriff's sergeant nearing retirement, officials said.

Authorities believe Ian David Long eventually turned the gun on himself, but not before the 28-year-old, dressed in all black, terrorized a crowd filled with college students at Borderline Bar & Grill in Thousand Oaks, Calif. Long's body was found in an office near the entrance of the bar.

Sheriff Geoff Dean, who is set to retire on Friday, said Long may have suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder and was known to law enforcement officials due to several unspecified "contacts" stretching back multiple years. Long served in the Marine Corps from August 2008 to March 2013, with a deployment in Afghanistan between November 2010 and June 2011, military records show.

“We’ve had several contacts with Mr. Long over the years, minor events such as a traffic collision. He was a victim of a battery in a bar in 2015,” Dean said, adding that the bar in 2015 was a different establishment than Borderline.

Dean said the last interaction between Long and authorities occurred in April, when police officers were called to Long's house in Newbury Park, about five miles from Borderline, after reports of a disturbance. When they arrived, officers found Long "irate and acting irrationally," leading to a crisis intervention team being summoned. The team, however, cleared Long and said they didn't feel he was qualified to be taken into custody.

“Obviously, he had something going on in his head that would cause him to do something like this. Obviously, he had some sort of issue,” Dean said of Long.

*snip*

LINK

#9 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:16 PM

View PostNatural Selection, on 08 November 2018 - 12:46 PM, said:

12 killed?

Black gang members kill thousands of people in the United States every year and the liberal media only mention it in passing...

Disappointed eh?

Between the Kroger, synagogue, and yoga studio shootings, plus multiple weirdo bomb threats, by non black/non Muslims, the last few weeks have been a bummer. Fear not, I’m confident something will happen to set off the outrage meter.

#10 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:26 PM

View Postoki, on 08 November 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

One thing I can about guarantee is we will know everything about the gun he used but nothing about the meds he was on.

Oki

Meds are the common denominator in almost all of these mass shootings.

#11 User is online   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:29 PM

View PostNatural Selection, on 08 November 2018 - 01:26 PM, said:

Meds are the common denominator in almost all of these mass shootings.

That they are. But since it's advertising is a Goldmine for Networks as well as print do not expect any type of story or at least investigation.
The hand that feeds will not be bitten no matter how much innocent blood is spilled.

Oki

#12 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:31 PM

View PostLadybird, on 08 November 2018 - 01:16 PM, said:

Disappointed eh?

Yes, in the media's decision to cover up black violence. They even go so far as to not show video when these black mobs riot in shopping malls or on Michigan Avenue in Chicago (my current hometown).

#13 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:32 PM

View Postoki, on 08 November 2018 - 01:29 PM, said:

That they are. But since it's advertising is a Goldmine for Networks as well as print do not expect any type of story or at least investigation.
The hand that feeds will not be bitten no matter how much innocent blood is spilled.

Oki

I think you're on to something regarding the ad revenue.

#14 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:44 PM

None of the security people at the bar were armed, according to the Fox News article I read. That needs to stop. Guards must be armed. If they had been, the number of dead might be one. Or two.

#15 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:06 PM

I wish these a-holes would just off themselves. No one else needs to be involved in their death wish.

#16 User is online   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:21 PM

View PostNatural Selection, on 08 November 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

I think you're on to something regarding the ad revenue.

https://www.washingt...m=.f498b99fb2a3

Oliver also mentioned that nine out of 10 big pharmaceutical companies spend more on marketing than on research. León Markovitz of Dadaviz found and graphed those figures from healthcare research firm GlobalData in the graphic below. The amounts spent on sales and marketing are shown in orange, while the amounts spent on research and development are in blue.

Most of this marketing money is directed at the physicians who do the prescribing, rather than consumers. As Oliver pointed out, drug companies spent more than $3 billion a year marketing to consumers in the U.S. in 2012, but an estimated $24 billion marketing directly to health care professionals.

Granted this article is old and spending has fallen some, but it's still worth BILLIONS.

This is the reason why you will never see a story done by the MSM about the links between mass shooters and meds. That and the fact so damn many people are on this stuff as it is.

Oki

#17 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:29 PM

View Postzurg, on 08 November 2018 - 01:44 PM, said:

None of the security people at the bar were armed, according to the Fox News article I read. That needs to stop. Guards must be armed. If they had been, the number of dead might be one. Or two.

Armed guards shoulder-to-shoulder in a packed nightclub full of rowdy drunks? Not necessarily a good idea.

Plus... I dunno about CA but the law in FL is convoluted. A CCW in FL in not valid in any place that serves alcohol "as it's primary business" (A restaurant is okay). Even if it was, a CCW is not valid for "employment", for THAT you need a "Class G Armed Security" license which also includes CCW while on the job. But ONLY on the job (and to/from). But there's a tradeoff: Class G and 'regular' CCW are mutually exclusive, you can be one OR the other. To the best of my knowledge, the only way to 'carry' 24/7, both on and off the job, is to be an LEO. (and/or exception for business owners and managers who can be CCW, but strictly speaking they're not 'employed' as armed security per se.)

I think at least some other states are like this too. Remember that case in Maryland a month or two ago about a [MD equiv. of "Class G"] I think maybe a bail bondsman or bounty hunter, getting reamed for shooting a perp while not actually on duty???

IN FL, one solution is to hire off-duty LEOs (Or even on-duty ones for that matter, many agencies will also do contract security). Of course, some nightclubs may have their very own reasons not not wanting armed LEOs hanging around. (When I managed a strip club in the '80s in WPB, we didn't worry about it. Probably any number of undercover LEOS on the premises any given evening anyway.)

#18 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:38 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 08 November 2018 - 03:29 PM, said:

Armed guards shoulder-to-shoulder in a packed nightclub full of rowdy drunks? Not necessarily a good idea.

Plus... I dunno about CA but the law in FL is convoluted. A CCW in FL in not valid in any place that serves alcohol "as it's primary business" (A restaurant is okay). Even if it was, a CCW is not valid for "employment", for THAT you need a "Class G Armed Security" license which also includes CCW while on the job. But ONLY on the job (and to/from). But there's a tradeoff: Class G and 'regular' CCW are mutually exclusive, you can be one OR the other. To the best of my knowledge, the only way to 'carry' 24/7, both on and off the job, is to be an LEO. (and/or exception for business owners and managers who can be CCW, but strictly speaking they're not 'employed' as armed security per se.)

I think at least some other states are like this too. Remember that case in Maryland a month or two ago about a [MD equiv. of "Class G"] I think maybe a bail bondsman or bounty hunter, getting reamed for shooting a perp while not actually on duty???

IN FL, one solution is to hire off-duty LEOs (Or even on-duty ones for that matter, many agencies will also do contract security). Of course, some nightclubs may have their very own reasons not not wanting armed LEOs hanging around. (When I managed a strip club in the '80s in WPB, we didn't worry about it. Probably any number of undercover LEOS on the premises any given evening anyway.)

Who said "shoulder-to-shoulder"?

And why on earth wouldn't armed security be a good idea?

As for the rest, yeah, I agree certain laws in certain states make such things a lot more complicated and difficult than they should be. But that just demonstrates the stupidity of those laws, not the idea of armed security.

B)

#19 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:50 PM

California shooting suspect was a decorated Marine veteran

You knew there was going to have to be a spin on this...

#20 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:50 PM

It wasn’t just a few, but a large group of people that have survived two mass shootings.
https://www.huffingt...4b0769d24ca27c8

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users