RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Recruit Who Put Boot Camp On Hold To Beat Cancer Becomes A Marine - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Recruit Who Put Boot Camp On Hold To Beat Cancer Becomes A Marine 1,000 Days Later Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 22 April 2019 - 04:30 PM

Recruit Who Put Boot Camp On Hold To Beat Cancer Becomes A Marine 1,000 Days Later

Washington Examiner
by Julio Rosas
April 22, 2019 02:11 PM

Excerpt:

The Marine Corps has produced a video chronicling one man's journey from recruit to cancer patient to cancer survivor to United States Marine in under 1,000 days.

Lance Cpl. Caleb Eudy's training began at Parris Island, S.C., in 2016 but was cut short a month later when he was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma. Eudy said he didn't know how to react to the news at first.

"So I just got told I got cancer, you know, like how do you react to that?" he said. "When they say, 'Hey, you have a deadly disease,' Do you say thank you? Do you stand there? Stare? Do you cry?" "I feel like I just need to stay in the Marine Corps," he explained. "Because the Marine Corps can do a lot of things for me, and I feel like I can do great things in the Marine Corps as well."

He went back home to Alabama to begin treatment, which his mother said he was determined to finish as soon as possible so he could go back to the place recruits normally can't wait to leave: boot camp.

After the cancer went into complete remission, Eudy was found fit for duty by a medical board and returned to Parris Island. He completed the Crucible, the final test before becoming a Marine, and is scheduled to graduate April 26 with Charlie Company.

*snip*

Full Article

#2 User is online   SARGE 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 22 April 2019 - 05:43 PM

View PostLiz, on 22 April 2019 - 04:30 PM, said:

Recruit Who Put Boot Camp On Hold To Beat Cancer Becomes A Marine 1,000 Days Later

Washington Examiner
by Julio Rosas
April 22, 2019 02:11 PM

Excerpt:

The Marine Corps has produced a video chronicling one man's journey from recruit to cancer patient to cancer survivor to United States Marine in under 1,000 days.

Lance Cpl. Caleb Eudy's training began at Parris Island, S.C., in 2016 but was cut short a month later when he was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma. Eudy said he didn't know how to react to the news at first.

"So I just got told I got cancer, you know, like how do you react to that?" he said. "When they say, 'Hey, you have a deadly disease,' Do you say thank you? Do you stand there? Stare? Do you cry?" "I feel like I just need to stay in the Marine Corps," he explained. "Because the Marine Corps can do a lot of things for me, and I feel like I can do great things in the Marine Corps as well."

He went back home to Alabama to begin treatment, which his mother said he was determined to finish as soon as possible so he could go back to the place recruits normally can't wait to leave: boot camp.

After the cancer went into complete remission, Eudy was found fit for duty by a medical board and returned to Parris Island. He completed the Crucible, the final test before becoming a Marine, and is scheduled to graduate April 26 with Charlie Company.

*snip*

Full Article

SEMPER FI, 'lil brother! :2up:

#3 User is offline   linewinder 

• Ichi Go Ni
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 22 April 2019 - 09:32 PM

View PostSARGE, on 22 April 2019 - 05:43 PM, said:

Ooh-Rah!

#4 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 23 April 2019 - 12:06 AM

#5 User is offline   USMCforever60 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 23 April 2019 - 12:01 PM

SEMPER F****** FI!

#6 User is offline   ASE 

• You do NOT have a right to NOT BE OFFENDED!!
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 25 April 2019 - 02:39 PM

Hope it stays in remission; Semper Fi!

#7 User is online   kestrel 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:12 PM

View PostSARGE, on 22 April 2019 - 05:43 PM, said:

Ditto!

Kestrel...