RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Chat Room - RightNation.US

• 2 Pages +

Chat Room Help for Connection Difficulties

#1 User is offline   Lisa 

• <<< . >>>
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Site Owner

Posted 02 May 2003 - 07:42 PM

Connection Difficulties
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are having difficulties getting online one of our chat clients, this check-list may help you determine exactly what the problem is, and how to resolve it. The majority of our users have no trouble at all connecting.

Ensure that your computer is capable of running our software. Chances are most likely that your computer can run our chat software. Often times; however; users may disable a specific feature on their web browser that may cause problems. Ensure the following features are enabled on your computer's web browser:

* JavaŠ

If you are running a version of a Microsoft Windows Š and see only a broken link icon, you will need to download a copy of the JavaŠ Virtual Machine in order to run our application. You may download JavaŠ Support for your browser from one of the following links below:

* Microsoft Virtual Machine (for MSIE)
http://www.microsoft.com/Java/vm/dl_vm40.h...2Easp%3Frelease

* Sun JavaŠ Plugin (for Netscape, Opera, MSIE, etc..)
http://java.sun.com/getjava/

Older versions of Netscape (on certain platforms) such as v4.08, and v4.7x may not run our software. We strongly recommending upgrading to a newer version of Netscape (v6.xx or better) if this is the case. Certain browsers running on Macintosh platforms are not capable of running our software due to problems outside of our control. As WebTV does not support JavaŠ, WebTV users will not be able to access our chat rooms.

Users behind firewalls may need to inform their local IT/network administrator to allow TCP connections on ports 9000-9009 at client.invisionchat.com.

AOL Members: Some users have reported that the built-in AOL browser has difficulty connecting to our service, or does not load colors/emoticons properly. To resolve this, minimize your AOL connection, and use the Internet Explorer browser that came with your computer to access our chat rooms.

#2 User is offline   sanctified 

• <no title>
  • Group: Silver

Posted 18 November 2004 - 07:58 PM

Just thought I'd shoot this question here, rather than start a new thread...

How do I access the chat room? I can find it quite easily when others are already in it, but am unable to find the link otherwise. Thanks in advance.

(And yes, I am bracing for the ridicule I'm sure to get for my ineptitude.)

#3 User is offline   Anne 

• . . . . . . .
  • Group: Gold

Posted 18 November 2004 - 08:02 PM

sanctified, on Nov 18 2004, 05:58 PM, said:

Just thought I'd shoot this question here, rather than start a new thread...

How do I access the chat room?  I can find it quite easily when others are already in it, but am unable to find the link otherwise.  Thanks in advance.

(And yes, I am bracing for the ridicule I'm sure to get for my ineptitude.)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is a link top right side of the forums that says Live Chat.
It's next to Help Search Members Calendar.

#4 User is offline   Lisa 

• <<< . >>>
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 27 January 2005 - 04:51 PM

IE

Tools > Internet Options > Advanced -- Check off all the Java options and click Apply. Reboot your computer, then try loading the chat.

#5 User is offline   ilja 

• Go ahead, read my mind!!!
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 04 November 2006 - 11:55 PM

I just downloaded a new java script (I think) and after rebooting I got in. :911:

#6 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog

Posted 05 November 2006 - 12:29 PM

Yes, after the chat room was upgraded :911: still don't know if I like it or not, but oh well, it's not my decision--I had to (actually my husband had to FOR ME) upgrade our java (whatever that is). And now it works. Thanks.

#7 Guest_Frank_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:57 PM

Tried on several occasions to enter chat tonight, and all I get is a perpetual "loading" screen. Even tried, with the Firewall off.

I'm using Windows Vista.

#8 User is offline   ilja 

• View blog

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:02 PM

Sometimes I have to reload whatever that program is that it runs on. Java? :lol:

#9 Guest_Frank_*

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:52 PM

View Postilja, on Apr 13 2007, 08:02 PM, said:

Sometimes I have to reload whatever that program is that it runs on. Java? :lol:

Thanks for the help, Ilja. I downloaded and reinstalled Java Runtime Environment Version 6 Update 1, but to no avail. I wonder if there is a compatibility issue with Windows Visa and RN chat.

#10 User is offline   ilja 

• View blog

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:04 PM

View PostFrank, on Apr 13 2007, 10:52 PM, said:

Thanks for the help, Ilja. I downloaded and reinstalled Java Runtime Environment Version 6 Update 1, but to no avail. I wonder if there is a compatibility issue with Windows Visa and RN chat.

Sorry but that's totally beyond my pay grade. :lol:

Have you rebooted since you did the reinstall?

#11 Guest_Frank_*

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:18 PM

View Postilja, on Apr 13 2007, 09:04 PM, said:

Sorry but that's totally beyond my pay grade. :lol:

Have you rebooted since you did the reinstall?

That's ok. B)

Yeah, and I even downloaded and reinstalled MS Virtual Machine for Vista and still nothing. Ah well, I tried. It's probably a compatibility issue.

#12 User is offline   Skiking 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:54 PM

View PostLisa, on May 2 2003, 05:42 PM, said:

Connection Difficulties
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are having difficulties getting online one of our chat clients, this check-list may help you determine exactly what the problem is, and how to resolve it. The majority of our users have no trouble at all connecting.

Ensure that your computer is capable of running our software. Chances are most likely that your computer can run our chat software. Often times; however; users may disable a specific feature on their web browser that may cause problems. Ensure the following features are enabled on your computer's web browser:

* JavaŠ

<span style='color:blue'>If you are running a version of a Microsoft Windows Š and see only a broken link icon, you will need to download a copy of the JavaŠ Virtual Machine in order to run our application. You may download JavaŠ Support for your browser from one of the following links below:</span>

<span style='color:blue'>* Microsoft Virtual Machine (for MSIE)
http://www.microsoft.com/Java/vm/dl_vm40.h...2Easp%3Frelease

* Sun JavaŠ Plugin (for Netscape, Opera, MSIE, etc..)
http://java.sun.com/getjava/</span>

Older versions of Netscape (on certain platforms) such as v4.08, and v4.7x may not run our software. We strongly recommending upgrading to a newer version of Netscape (v6.xx or better) if this is the case. Certain browsers running on Macintosh platforms are not capable of running our software due to problems outside of our control. As WebTV does not support JavaŠ, WebTV users will not be able to access our chat rooms.

Users behind firewalls may need to inform their local IT/network administrator to allow TCP connections on ports 9000-9009 at client.invisionchat.com.

AOL Members: Some users have reported that the built-in AOL browser has difficulty connecting to our service, or does not load colors/emoticons properly. To resolve this, minimize your AOL connection, and use the Internet Explorer browser that came with your computer to access our chat rooms.
I only have problems when I use any computer with Vista. I have no issues connecting with computers using older OS.

#13 User is offline   Skiking 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:56 PM

View PostFrank, on Apr 13 2007, 09:18 PM, said:

That's ok. :hug:

Yeah, and I even downloaded and reinstalled MS Virtual Machine for Vista and still nothing. Ah well, I tried. It's probably a compatibility issue.

Read my post above. Every computer that I have used that uses Vista has difficulty connecting to most chat rooms. I believe it is a compatibility issue.

#14 Guest_Frank_*

Posted 14 April 2007 - 01:03 AM

View PostDodgerKing, on Apr 13 2007, 09:56 PM, said:

Read my post above. Every computer that I have used that uses Vista has difficulty connecting to most chat rooms. I believe it is a compatibility issue.

I did, thanks. That's what I figured. Well, Vista is new and sounds like there's catching-up to be made.

This post has been edited by Frank: 14 April 2007 - 01:11 AM

#15 User is offline   Kiervin 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:42 AM

Lisa, it says I'm not authorized to use the chat function... Tried to get in last night and could not, thought it was just overloaded and blew it off so I just checked this morning and still cannot.

I haven't tried to go to chat since last Thursday so I'm not sure when it started-but it is the case right now.

#16 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE (Kiervin @ Oct 1 2008, 04:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lisa, it says I'm not authorized to use the chat function... Tried to get in last night and could not, thought it was just overloaded and blew it off so I just checked this morning and still cannot.

I haven't tried to go to chat since last Thursday so I'm not sure when it started-but it is the case right now.

That is the message I get too, Kiervin. "You are not authorized. . ."
But I could see people in there. I thought it might have something to do with the upgrades I just put on my computer.

And Lisa, I can live without chatting, so please, don't let this be "one more thing," especially if it's possibly/probably something on my end.

The reason I think it might be is because right after I upgraded I couldn't get in the arcade either. I did find a plug in that solved that. So I'm thinking maybe I just need to find the correct "plug in" to let me access chat again.

This post has been edited by Mollywalk: 01 October 2008 - 08:32 AM

#17 User is offline   Lisa 

• <<< . >>>
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:19 AM

Sorry about that. It's fixed.

#18 User is offline   Duty Honor Country 

• <no title>

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (DodgerKing @ Apr 14 2007, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Microsoft wanted you to chat they would have issued you a chat client. razz.gif

Actually I haven't tried it since I got a new Vista Computer last month.

#19 User is offline   Kiervin 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 02 October 2008 - 04:51 PM

Thanks, Lisa! YOU ROCK!

#20 User is offline   USNJIMRET 

• Rule 1:The Chief is right Rule 2:If in doubt, check Rule 1
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 17 October 2009 - 12:28 PM

Is the lack of Java on my Kindle2 the reason I can't access anything on RN when using it?
I can get to my hotmail account, redstate, twitter and most other websites that are NOT heavily graphic, but RN.......nope.
Yes, I know that this thread is about the chat room feature.
I just don't want to start a thread that has an answer I'm probably not going to like!! sad2.gif

This post has been edited by USNJIMRET: 17 October 2009 - 12:29 PM

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users