RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: After Muslim Violence, Europeans are Getting Guns - RightNation.US

After Muslim Violence, Europeans are Getting Guns Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pepperonikkid 

• Trucker
  • Group: Silver

Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:29 PM

After Muslim Violence, Europeans are Getting Guns

https://www.frontpagemag.com
Daniel Greenfield
January 7, 2019

Article:

One of the great myths of gun control is that the sensible Europeans adopted gun control and eliminated crime. The reality is that murder rates and crime rates in many parts of Europe, such as the UK, remain quite high. And guns are easily accessible to criminals.

As the Islamic terrorist attacks in France and Brussels have shown.

Law abiding citizens have trouble obtaining firearms. But more Europeans are trying to get guns. Especially after an outbreak of Muslim violence.

When hundreds of women were sexually assaulted on New Year's Eve in several German cities three years ago, Carolin Matthie decided it was time to defend herself. The 26-year-old Berlin student quickly applied for a gun permit, fearing many women would have the same idea and flood the application process.

"If I don't do it now, I will have to wait maybe another half year," she recalls thinking.

If European men won't do the job, European women appear willing to arm themselves.

Europe's unregistered weapons outnumbered legal ones in 2017, 44.5 million to 34.2 million, according to the Small Arms Survey. Many illegal weapons come from one-time war zones, such as countries of the former Yugoslavia, and others are purchased online, including from vendors in the U.S.

"Europe represents the largest market for arms trade on the dark web, generating revenues that are around five times higher than the U.S.," concluded a recent Rand Corp. report.

And, in some cases, there are sharp spikes.

Full Story

#2 User is online   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:41 PM

Pointed sticks.

#3 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:20 PM

View PostNoclevermoniker, on 07 January 2019 - 06:41 PM, said:

Pointed sticks.

"Pointed stick? Oh, oh, oh. We want to learn how to defend ourselves against pointed sticks, do we? Getting all high and mighty, eh? Fresh fruit not good enough for you eh? Well I'll tell you something my lad. When you're walking home tonight and some homicidal maniac comes after you with a bunch of loganberries, don't come crying to me!"

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/4JgbOkLdRaE/hqdefault.jpg

#4 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:34 PM

View PostNoclevermoniker, on 07 January 2019 - 06:41 PM, said:

Pointed sticks.

:biglaugh:

View PostMontyPython, on 07 January 2019 - 07:20 PM, said:

"Pointed stick? Oh, oh, oh. We want to learn how to defend ourselves against pointed sticks, do we? Getting all high and mighty, eh? Fresh fruit not good enough for you eh? Well I'll tell you something my lad. When you're walking home tonight and some homicidal maniac comes after you with a bunch of loganberries, don't come crying to me!"

One of my favorite skits of theirs, I knew you'd recognize the reference! :D

#5 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 07 January 2019 - 10:03 PM

Aim for the turban! :hunter:

#6 User is offline   Italian Biker 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:14 PM

They need to start voting for right thinking officials who would support firearms ownership.

#7 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:29 AM

View PostItalian Biker, on 07 January 2019 - 11:14 PM, said:

They need to start voting for right thinking officials who would support firearms ownership.

Some will say they don't want to be like the U.S. with our 'Gun Violence' problems. But, the truth is the Governments don't want to worry about the people having the means to revolt. Our founders understood something very crucial.

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops."
- Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, October 10, 1787

"Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments, to which the people are attached, and by which the militia officers are appointed, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of."
- James Madison, Federalist No. 46, January 29, 1788

Although you can legally own a firearm in many parts of Europe, the rates of ownership are so low and it so difficult to own one a thug can safely assume their victim won't be armed.

Oki

#8 User is offline   RibeyeSteak 

• Till We Meet Again
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 08 January 2019 - 12:15 PM

If European men won't do the job, European women appear willing to arm themselves.

:biglaugh:

#9 User is offline   LeansToTheRight 

• Dr. Elson Floyd. RIP
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:32 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 07 January 2019 - 07:20 PM, said:

"Suppose you haven't got a 16-ton weight?" OMG, so f'ing funny!

#10 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:19 PM

View PostLeansToTheRight, on 08 January 2019 - 03:32 PM, said:

"Suppose you haven't got a 16-ton weight?" OMG, so f'ing funny!

https://66.media.tumblr.com/2de9acc4665dbb0b6939ac4b6169230b/tumblr_inline_mrmztfYxGa1qz4rgp.gif

#11 User is offline   DJGoody 

• <no title>

Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:34 PM

Islam..... Incompatible with civilization.

#12 User is online   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:53 PM

View PostRock N, on 07 January 2019 - 10:03 PM, said:

Aim for the turban! :hunter:

I'd aim a couple inches lower-hate to waste a bullet on cloth.

#13 User is offline   BerkeleyUnderground 

• <no title>

Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:31 PM

View PostDJGoody, on 08 January 2019 - 07:34 PM, said:

Islam..... Incompatible with civilization.

I agree and I just might want to add the qualifier the advancement of civilization.

#14 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>

Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:56 AM

The reality is that murder rates and crime rates in many parts of Europe, such as the UK, remain quite high.

Nope.

Firstly, the UK/Euro figures have been discussed here before. The way the UK and some Euro countries classify crime and violent crime skews the figures. According to such figures, countries like Finland, Austria, the UK and others all have societies much more violent than the US or Canada, which is patent nonsense. The biggest violent UK crime is against property, not people.

The UK's figures are pretty simple: in a population of 65 million, there are approx. on average 700-800 murders a year. The UK's murder numbers have DROPPED since the early 00's, when they peaked at around 1000 murders a year. UK gun crime is DOWN and has been since the same period. UK gun homicide is also down. The UK has less than 100 gun murders last recorded year.

700-800 murders out of 65 million. Approx 85% of killers known to victim.
92 gun murders out of 65 million.
No mass shooting since 2010. And just four in the UK in its history (1987, 1989, 1996, 2010).
120 children a year murdered in the UK out of around 13 million under 18s.
Six children a year murdered by strangers. The same number as in 1970. Nearly 50 years ago.

Sorry to disappoint, but the UK is not and has never been a violent nation. Certainly not by North American standards and even arguably by European.
Murder down, gun crime down, gun homicide down. Almost 20 years since the UK's most violent peak.

#15 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>

Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:00 PM

View Postpepperonikkid, on 07 January 2019 - 06:29 PM, said:

After Muslim Violence, Europeans are Getting Guns

https://www.frontpagemag.com
Daniel Greenfield
January 7, 2019

Article:

One of the great myths of gun control is that the sensible Europeans adopted gun control and eliminated crime. The reality is that murder rates and crime rates in many parts of Europe, such as the UK, remain quite high. And guns are easily accessible to criminals.

As the Islamic terrorist attacks in France and Brussels have shown.

Law abiding citizens have trouble obtaining firearms. But more Europeans are trying to get guns. Especially after an outbreak of Muslim violence.

When hundreds of women were sexually assaulted on New Year's Eve in several German cities three years ago, Carolin Matthie decided it was time to defend herself. The 26-year-old Berlin student quickly applied for a gun permit, fearing many women would have the same idea and flood the application process.

"If I don't do it now, I will have to wait maybe another half year," she recalls thinking.

Europe's unregistered weapons outnumbered legal ones in 2017, 44.5 million to 34.2 million, according to the Small Arms Survey. Many illegal weapons come from one-time war zones, such as countries of the former Yugoslavia, and others are purchased online, including from vendors in the U.S.

"Europe represents the largest market for arms trade on the dark web, generating revenues that are around five times higher than the U.S.," concluded a recent Rand Corp. report.

And, in some cases, there are sharp spikes.

Full Story

As I have pointed out over the years here, the idea the Limeys, Irish and Yooros don't own guns is a myth. They simply own less than the US or Canada. Guns aren't as much a part of the culture.

As I also have pointed out, there are an estimated 70 to 75 MILLION legal firearms in the UK, Ireland, Western and Central Europe.

Around 2m in the UK, of which I own two. And intend this year to increase.
Bugger all to with fear of crime or fear of Johnny Moozlim, I simply like em, lol.

#16 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:00 PM

View Postscotsman, on 09 January 2019 - 11:56 AM, said:

Nope.

Firstly, the UK/Euro figures have been discussed here before. The way the UK and some Euro countries classify crime and violent crime skews the figures. According to such figures, countries like Finland, Austria, the UK and others all have societies much more violent than the US or Canada, which is patent nonsense. The biggest violent UK crime is against property, not people.

The UK's figures are pretty simple: in a population of 65 million, there are approx. on average 700-800 murders a year. The UK's murder numbers have DROPPED since the early 00's, when they peaked at around 1000 murders a year. UK gun crime is DOWN and has been since the same period. UK gun homicide is also down. The UK has less than 100 gun murders last recorded year.

700-800 murders out of 65 million. Approx 85% of killers known to victim.
92 gun murders out of 65 million.
No mass shooting since 2010. And just four in the UK in its history (1987, 1989, 1996, 2010).
120 children a year murdered in the UK out of around 13 million under 18s.
Six children a year murdered by strangers. The same number as in 1970. Nearly 50 years ago.

Sorry to disappoint, but the UK is not and has never been a violent nation. Certainly not by North American standards and even arguably by European.
Murder down, gun crime down, gun homicide down. Almost 20 years since the UK's most violent peak.

Contrary to popular belief the U.S. isn't violent either, much like the U.K. a few areas or regions account for a very disproportionate level of the crime and violence. Here as well crime has actually been decreasing as well over the 30 or so years. Case in point, Green Bay Wisconsin(where I live). Population of about 114,000, armed to the teeth as hunting and target shooting are quite popular in this region. Number of murders in 2017, 0
Number of murders in 2018, 0 Go 100 miles south to Milwaukee and it is completely different. Despite making up less than ten percent of the entire states population they account for over half the murders. Per capita Milwaukee is actually worse than Chicago.

Our problem isn't with guns, it's with enforcement of existing laws, holding criminals accountable, locking up crazy/dangerous people where they can harm no one and people realizing it isn't a problem with an intimate object, it's a people problem. The differences in crime stats between Milwaukee and Green Bay are perfect examples. Same laws, same state etc. Another point people miss is they will talk only about Gun violence or Gun murder while completely ignoring other forms of murder and violence.

Our crime issues stem from a Prison system which doesn't work, laws which are not enforced, and bleeding hearts who scream more Gun control all the while going soft on the very people who use them(Guns) to commit crimes. For what it's worth, we have had a number of armed robberies over the last few months. All had no Guns allowed signs. To the best of my knowledge few if any establishments which allow both open and or conceal carry have ever been robbed. One would think that a business(local Tattoo shop) that is Cash only would be a prime target as it is pretty much guaranteed there will be large amounts of Cash. The place has been in operation for quite a while(10 plus years) and has not been robbed once. When you enter the property it is quite clear where they stand on the 2nd Amendment and that attempting to rob, harm, or otherwise hurt any persons at that establishment won't end very well for you. Same street even.... local Bank.. robbed by some fool in a clown mask and wig. The Gas station/convenience store has never been robbed. It is well known the owner supports conceal carry as well there are no signs forbidden conceal carry, like there is with the Bank next door or a different gas station on the same road which has been robbed a number of times.

Oki

#17 User is online   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>

Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:27 PM

On the other hand, in St. Louis where I live....

#18 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:13 AM

View PostBuckwheat Jones, on 09 January 2019 - 03:27 PM, said:

On the other hand, in St. Louis where I live....

Racist! :whistling:

#19 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:47 AM

View Postscotsman, on 09 January 2019 - 12:00 PM, said:

As I have pointed out over the years here, the idea the Limeys, Irish and Yooros don't own guns is a myth. They simply own less than the US or Canada. Guns aren't as much a part of the culture.

As I also have pointed out, there are an estimated 70 to 75 MILLION legal firearms in the UK, Ireland, Western and Central Europe.

Around 2m in the UK, of which I own two. And intend this year to increase.
Bugger all to with fear of crime or fear of Johnny Moozlim, I simply like em, lol.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the majority of “legal” guns in Europe and the UK are shotguns and rifles, usually not of the semi auto magazine fed variety. Few hand guns, few truly useful against larger groups of people rifles,, hard to wander around the Xmas Village with a long gun for defense.

#20 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:52 PM

View PostSeverian, on 10 January 2019 - 10:47 AM, said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the majority of “legal” guns in Europe and the UK are shotguns and rifles, usually not of the semi auto magazine fed variety. Few hand guns, few truly useful against larger groups of people rifles,, hard to wander around the Xmas Village with a long gun for defense.

Thought I read that semi auto rifles are legal in the U.K. but only if they are not Center firehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bMn_5c4oKs. Which of coarse by in large limits you to a .22LR.

Provided that nothing has changed(this article is 8 or 9 years old).
https://www.bbc.com/news/10220974

Michael Ryan's massacre of 16 people in Hungerford in 1987 led to the banning of all modern semi-automatic rifles, the range of guns that can be fired rapidly without needing to be reloaded.

Nine years later, Thomas Hamilton killed 16 schoolchildren and their teacher when he opened fire at a school in Dunblane. Parliament banned all handguns and there is now a mandatory five-year jail sentence for possession.

Provided this guy is correct.... it also answers some questions.
https://www.youtube....h?v=2bMn_5c4oKs

Would seem your limited to .22 for any type of semi auto rifle.

I have heard of what is referred to as single pull which is a semi auto rifle, but you have to pull the bolt or charging handle for each shot.
https://www.youtube....h?v=F49kyRdR_Jc
This is one the guy in the first video specifically mentioned.

Unless the upper is made as to not accommodate a standard AR15 bolt Carrier, it would largely be a matter of installing a gas return tube and obtaining or making a bolt that has a normal carrier key. Even then, just get your hands on a CNC machine and can make an entire upper and or needed parts.

Oki

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users