RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Video of BSO deputy calling a black father ‘boy’ amid foul language sp - RightNation.US

Video of BSO deputy calling a black father ‘boy’ amid foul language sp Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 09 February 2019 - 02:10 PM

Video of BSO deputy calling a black father ‘boy’ amid foul language sparks complaint

BY DAVID J. NEAL

FEBRUARY 08, 2019 08:16 PM,
UPDATED 5 HOURS 36 MINUTES AGO

The actions of a Broward Sheriff’s Office deputy with a history of making false arrests drew a complaint from the Broward Public Defender’s Office after bodycam video from a July 2017 incident emerged last month.

Deputy James Cady confronts Allen Floyd, an African-American father calmly holding his infant, angrily drops f-bombs and calls Floyd “boy” before appearing to grab Floyd by the throat.

Floyd wasn’t under investigation for any crime. Nor was he being belligerent towards Cady in the video from July 25, 2017.
Broward Public Defender Howard Finkelstein made the latter point in a Jan. 30 letter to newly appointed Broward Sheriff Gregory Tony.

“Deputy Cady’s verbal assault coupled with him choking an otherwise cooperative bystander can only be characterized as unlawful touching,” Finkelstein wrote. “In addition, Deputy Cady’s use of the term “boy” is offensive, condescending and demeaning. It carries racial connotations when used while addressing an adult black male.”

In the official report on the incident, Cady’s presence isn’t even noted, although the video shows he played a key role.

Tony’s response letter said, “Thank you for bringing this matter that occurred in July 2017 to my attention. A cursory search of our system shows that no complaint was made prior to receiving your letter.

“Our Division of Internal Affairs will provide you with a response upon conducting a thorough examination.”

The public defender’s office discovered the video in preparing to defend Johnnymae Dardy, according to the Sun Sentinel. The probable cause affidavit by BSO Deputy Debbra Bridgman said Dardy had been watching Floyd’s baby at the Red Carpet Inn in Dania, where she had a room; the Sun Sentinel said BSO had been called to the motel about Dardy.

The bodycam video picks up with Cady asking Floyd, who is holding his child and sitting on a curb, if he has a separate room at the motel. Then, Cady demands, three times, to see Floyd’s identification. Floyd shows Cady pictures on his phone, apparently to show he’s the child’s father, a gesture Cady disdains.

Finally, after Floyd shakes his head at Cady, Cady says, “OK, fine, I’m going to take her to jail because she’s got a warrant and I’m going to call child services on this kid!” When Floyd starts to say something, Cady says, “Quit f----- with me, boy! You hear me? Get your ID! Now!”

Bridgman’s voice chimes in, “ID!”

Dardy, who had been in the BSO cruiser, appears and Cady says, “Get your ass back in the car! I’m tired of you f----- playing games!”

As Cady angrily repeats his demand for Floyd’s identification, Floyd asks, “Why are you being so hostile?”

Cady answers, “Because you’re giving me s--- and I’m tired of it!”

Eventually Cady says, “I want to know who this baby is going with!” and Floyd replies, “He’s going with me, Allen Floyd.”

Floyd rises from the curb, still holding his child in his left arm. Cady steps toward him. Floyd turns to walk away and says, “Stop calling me ‘boy!’ ”

<snip>

Link

#2 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 09 February 2019 - 03:16 PM

Broward County is the pinnacle of law enforcement. Getting rid of Israel wasn't enough to clean up this sewer. They need to fire them all and start over.

#3 User is offline   Kilmerfan 

• Ah hell I still like Mel.
  • Group: Silver

Posted 09 February 2019 - 03:41 PM

Broward Sheriff’s Office not suprised.

#4 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 09 February 2019 - 03:59 PM

Therr was absolutely no reason for that police officer to react that way. He should be fired, imo.

#5 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 09 February 2019 - 04:16 PM

View PostLadybird, on 09 February 2019 - 02:10 PM, said:

Video of BSO deputy calling a black father 'boy' amid foul language sparks complaint

BY DAVID J. NEAL

FEBRUARY 08, 2019 08:16 PM,
UPDATED 5 HOURS 36 MINUTES AGO

The actions of a Broward Sheriff's Office deputy with a history of making false arrests drew a complaint from the Broward Public Defender's Office after bodycam video from a July 2017 incident emerged last month.

Deputy James Cady confronts Allen Floyd, an African-American father calmly holding his infant, angrily drops f-bombs and calls Floyd "boy" before appearing to grab Floyd by the throat.

Floyd wasn't under investigation for any crime. Nor was he being belligerent towards Cady in the video from July 25, 2017.
Broward Public Defender Howard Finkelstein made the latter point in a Jan. 30 letter to newly appointed Broward Sheriff Gregory Tony.

"Deputy Cady's verbal assault coupled with him choking an otherwise cooperative bystander can only be characterized as unlawful touching," Finkelstein wrote. "In addition, Deputy Cady's use of the term "boy" is offensive, condescending and demeaning. It carries racial connotations when used while addressing an adult black male."

In the official report on the incident, Cady's presence isn't even noted, although the video shows he played a key role.

Tony's response letter said, "Thank you for bringing this matter that occurred in July 2017 to my attention. A cursory search of our system shows that no complaint was made prior to receiving your letter.

"Our Division of Internal Affairs will provide you with a response upon conducting a thorough examination."

The public defender's office discovered the video in preparing to defend Johnnymae Dardy, according to the Sun Sentinel. The probable cause affidavit by BSO Deputy Debbra Bridgman said Dardy had been watching Floyd's baby at the Red Carpet Inn in Dania, where she had a room; the Sun Sentinel said BSO had been called to the motel about Dardy.

The bodycam video picks up with Cady asking Floyd, who is holding his child and sitting on a curb, if he has a separate room at the motel. Then, Cady demands, three times, to see Floyd's identification. Floyd shows Cady pictures on his phone, apparently to show he's the child's father, a gesture Cady disdains.

Finally, after Floyd shakes his head at Cady, Cady says, "OK, fine, I'm going to take her to jail because she's got a warrant and I'm going to call child services on this kid!" When Floyd starts to say something, Cady says, "Quit f----- with me, boy! You hear me? Get your ID! Now!"

Bridgman's voice chimes in, "ID!"

Dardy, who had been in the BSO cruiser, appears and Cady says, "Get your ass back in the car! I'm tired of you f----- playing games!"

As Cady angrily repeats his demand for Floyd's identification, Floyd asks, "Why are you being so hostile?"

Cady answers, "Because you're giving me s--- and I'm tired of it!"

Eventually Cady says, "I want to know who this baby is going with!" and Floyd replies, "He's going with me, Allen Floyd."

Floyd rises from the curb, still holding his child in his left arm. Cady steps toward him. Floyd turns to walk away and says, "Stop calling me 'boy!' "

<snip>

Link

Wait a minute, didn't you lefties defend this scum bag amid calls from us on the right to fire him? Firing him would include a top to bottom review of the department and it's policies. Notice this crap happens a lot in DNC controlled area's. My Sheriff? Republican, he wouldn't accept this crap on his watch at all and those who did it wouldn't be able to say Ya'all before they were out the door. But hey, you guys keep supporting your local DNC controlled area's they seem to be working out well for the black community.

View Posterp, on 09 February 2019 - 03:59 PM, said:

Therr was absolutely no reason for that police officer to react that way. He should be fired, imo.

That goes without saying. The real problem is DNC controlled Sheriff, deputies and politics. You didn't notice that did you?

#6 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 09 February 2019 - 05:44 PM

That cop unnecessarily escalated that whole situation with his raid raged attitude.

All he had to do was to explain why he needed the man's ID instead of just going off yelling and barking at him like an uncontrolled rabid attack dog.

He has no business being a police officer.

And that woman lunging towards the cop should have been arrested for interfering with an officer.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 09 February 2019 - 05:45 PM

#7 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 09 February 2019 - 06:53 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 09 February 2019 - 03:16 PM, said:

Broward County is the pinnacle of law enforcement. Getting rid of Israel wasn't enough to clean up this sewer. They need to fire them all and start over.

Yeah. Glendale, Arizona too.
https://www.abc15.co...endale-officers
Seriously, WTF?

#8 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 09 February 2019 - 06:54 PM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 09 February 2019 - 04:16 PM, said:

That goes without saying. The real problem is DNC controlled Sheriff, deputies and politics. You didn't notice that did you?

What makes you think I did not notice that? Of course I did. However, I was commenting on this officer. Culture in any organization starts at the top. So I get it.

My guess is that this officer is also a Hillary voter.

#9 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 09 February 2019 - 07:28 PM

View PostLadybird, on 09 February 2019 - 06:53 PM, said:

Seriously, WTF?

You'll get no argument from me. The tweaker wasn't initially cooperating but the cops escalated it beyond reason. I could do without the phony 'concern' from the smug media pukes who were pretending like this wasn't anything more than sensational exploitation on their part. But yeah, the cops should be on the hot seat for that incident.

This post has been edited by Magic Rat: 09 February 2019 - 07:35 PM

#10 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:46 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 09 February 2019 - 03:16 PM, said:

:exactly:

The way they bungled up the Parkland shooting.

View PostKilmerfan, on 09 February 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

Broward Sheriff’s Office not suprised.

Me neither.

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 09 February 2019 - 04:16 PM, said:

Wait a minute, didn't you lefties defend this scum bag amid calls from us on the right to fire him? Firing him would include a top to bottom review of the department and it's policies. Notice this crap happens a lot in DNC controlled area's. My Sheriff? Republican, he wouldn't accept this crap on his watch at all and those who did it wouldn't be able to say Ya'all before they were out the door. But hey, you guys keep supporting your local DNC controlled area's they seem to be working out well for the black community.

:exactly:

This post has been edited by RedSoloCup: 09 February 2019 - 08:47 PM

#11 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:30 AM

View PostRock N, on 09 February 2019 - 05:44 PM, said:

That cop unnecessarily escalated that whole situation with his raid raged attitude.

All he had to do was to explain why he needed the man's ID instead of just going off yelling and barking at him like an uncontrolled rabid attack dog.

He has no business being a police officer.

And that woman lunging towards the cop should have been arrested for interfering with an officer.

When someone asks I tell them "you know who I am by the car, uniform and the name tag, I want to know who you are".

#12 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:32 AM

Seriously, WTF?

Seriously WTF!
https://en.wikipedia...ki/Paul_Penzone

Political party Democratic

Seems to be a trend. Put a Democrat in charge and suddenly the bungholes come out!

#13 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:50 AM

Seriously, WTF?

It's things like this is when I can understand why some cops get shot and need to be out of legitimate self defense.

These stupid low IQ moron power tripping punks with badges would deserve it. Especially tazer boy.

What an incredibly stupid bunch of low life cops here.
And they are given badges and the power over life and death of others?

The prosecutor and judges kept this man in jail for months over this? And the police chief never removing these thugs from their jobs?

They too need to be fired and jailed.

Thank God for the body cameras. I wished that we had them back when I was young and was being repeatedly harassed for no reason by similar low IQ roid raged power tripping thugs with badges and guns.

I have witnessed the Louisville police here back in the day handcuff several people for very minor things and then beat them all bloody for an hour at a time back in the back alleys and they all got away with it every time. If you reported them and they found out, then they would pay you a visit and then give you the same treatment. This happened regularly in my neighborhood for about 3 years back in the 1980's by the same 5 cops. They wanted everyone to quake in fear at the sight of them and treat them like they were gods. I saw them do this three times (different nights) to several teens. It was always the victim's word against the cop's and the courts always sided with the cops every time. None of them were ever fired for it either and the news people were always on the cop's side.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 10 February 2019 - 10:19 AM

#14 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:44 AM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 10 February 2019 - 09:32 AM, said:

Seriously WTF!
https://en.wikipedia...ki/Paul_Penzone

Seems to be a trend. Put a Democrat in charge and suddenly the bungholes come out!

Bull. Want to discuss how much the taxpayers of Arizona shelled out because of police brutality under your beloved sheriff Arpaio? How about inmates,including an infant that died in Sherriff Clarkes jail?

I did not make this a partisan issue, nor do I believe that it is.

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 10 February 2019 - 10:49 AM

#15 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:47 AM

View PostLadybird, on 10 February 2019 - 10:44 AM, said:

Bull. Want to discuss how much the taxpayers of Arizona shelled out because of police brutality under your beloved sheriff Arpaio? How about inmates,including an infant that died in Sherriff Clarkes jail.

Maybe many of them deserved it?

Like always, you assume that all criminals are innocent little lambs as you always defend them without question and automatically give them the benefit of a doubt.

Democraps are slime.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 10 February 2019 - 10:48 AM

#16 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:51 AM

View PostRock N, on 10 February 2019 - 10:47 AM, said:

Maybe many of them deserved it?

Like always, you assume that all criminals are innocent little lambs as you always defend them without question and automatically give them the benefit of a doubt.

Exactly. The weeding of the occasional bad apple applies to the police, not to criminals.

Most police are good people, a small number are bad people. Most criminals are bad people, a small number are good people underneath.

It’s important to catch the bad cops, and it’s important to find the good people in jail wrongly. Why do leftists have to flip the proportions around every time?

#17 User is offline   That_Guy 

• <no title>

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:56 AM

View PostRock N, on 10 February 2019 - 09:50 AM, said:

It's things like this is when I can understand why some cops get shot and need to be out of legitimate self defense.

These stupid low IQ moron power tripping punks with badges would deserve it. Especially tazer boy.

What an incredibly stupid bunch of low life cops here.
And they are given badges and the power over life and death of others?

The prosecutor and judges kept this man in jail for months over this? And the police chief never removing these thugs from their jobs?

They too need to be fired and jailed.

Thank God for the body cameras. I wished that we had them back when I was young and was being repeatedly harassed for no reason by similar low IQ roid raged power tripping thugs with badges and guns.

I have witnessed the Louisville police here back in the day handcuff several people for very minor things and then beat them all bloody for an hour at a time back in the back alleys and they all got away with it every time. If you reported them and they found out, then they would pay you a visit and then give you the same treatment. This happened regularly in my neighborhood for about 3 years back in the 1980's by the same 5 cops. They wanted everyone to quake in fear at the sight of them and treat them like they were gods. I saw them do this three times (different nights) to several teens. It was always the victim's word against the cop's and the courts always sided with the cops every time. None of them were ever fired for it either and the news people were always on the cop's side.

Welcome to our world.

#18 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:36 AM

View PostThat_Guy, on 10 February 2019 - 10:56 AM, said:

Welcome to our world.

It sounds to me that RNRRW has a lot more first hand experience of what you allude to than you do, judging by both of your past remarks.

To it sounds to me that you’re not qualified to use the word “our” here. RNRRW is more qualified to say it to you. (You seem to mistakenly think it’s all about skin color.)

This post has been edited by zurg: 10 February 2019 - 11:37 AM

#19 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:37 AM

View PostThat_Guy, on 10 February 2019 - 10:56 AM, said:

Welcome to our world.

I am referring to the harsh unwarranted treatment by the cops upon INNOCENT people, regardless of color/race.

But again, many in "your world" do ask for and deserve their arrests and ass kickings that they get because of their criminal behavior and hostile behavior.
It's not all about race as much as it is so many being habitual criminals that truly are guilty as hell, but you will always defend them and pretend that they are all innocent simply because they are black no matter what.

There are more blacks arrested by the police out there because more blacks are committing crimes.
That's pure FACT.

The incidents that I witnessed were all done by white cops against white teens, many of which were targets just for simply hanging around a popular neighborhood store that had an arcade. We had a few miserable old shut in busy bodies who would always call on them simply because they saw that kids were having a good time out on the corner and they couldn't stand that.

I am long time friends with three good honest LMPD officers, one of which is a black man. All three are about to retire soon and they tell me that they cannot wait to leave as they have had enough, especially with our mayor, his hand picked democrap PC police chief and his proggy beliefs and policies on "hands off" approach to everything telling officers to stand down and not do their jobs and to let the bad guys go.

They all have told me about how much more difficult that their jobs have become over the last 9 years from all of the black people that they pull over or are called to their homes always being openly belligerent, running their mouths, hostile resisting and never following their requests.
They tell me that around eight out of ten blacks that they pull over always immediately give them shidt right off the bat and it often leads to their arrest. They tell me that with whites it's about a third who pull the same hostile attitude when they are pulled over. So many blacks are directly to blame for the more harsh treatment that they receive because of their willful hostile belligerent behavior/demeanor and always refusing to co-operate. White people are getting worse as they watch youtube videos of the bad police and they have a bad attitude too and act the same way. Hostility will breed yet more hostility. Cops learn to expect it from most anymore. But when they initiate and escalate the hostilities for no good reason, then they are in the wrong.

The bad cops out there will attack people of any race. But those who choose to always give them shidt for no good reason are only asking for what they get.

The good cops usually quit because they cannot stand to be required to look the other way and allow these thugs who are their partners to get away with it. It makes them accomplices so they quit. Then all we often have left are these idiot roid raged thugs.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 10 February 2019 - 12:05 PM

#20 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:43 AM

View Postzurg, on 10 February 2019 - 10:51 AM, said:

Exactly. The weeding of the occasional bad apple applies to the police, not to criminals.

Most police are good people, a small number are bad people. Most criminals are bad people, a small number are good people underneath.

It’s important to catch the bad cops, and it’s important to find the good people in jail wrongly. Why do leftists have to flip the proportions around every time?

The bad ones almost always being protected by the government/courts/prosecutors/chiefs and the good ones being forced to keep their mouths shut about their thug partners is why so many good cops soon quit and why good people do not even want the job anymore. The same can also be said about people running for office. In the bigger cities it's the worst.

Here in my city the problem has always lead right back to the crooked democrap politicians here causing most of this corrupt culture to remain and fester.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 10 February 2019 - 11:53 AM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users