RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Understanding the Most Important Phrase in Social Justice - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Understanding the Most Important Phrase in Social Justice Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pepperonikkid 

• Trucker
  • Group: Silver

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:50 AM

Understanding the Most Important Phrase in Social Justice

https://www.americanthinker.com
By Steven Kessler
January 12, 2019

Article:

The most important phrase in the social justice lexicon is "predicated on power structure." You've likely heard that racism, privilege, and cultural appropriation the big three of social justice are predicated on power structure. The origin of this power structure is societal. According to social justice scholarship, society is an arbitrary social construct meaning that society is a complete nonsensical fabrication that is inequitably structured to favor white, male, able-bodied, cisgendered heterosexuals. The theory assumes that these people are successful in life because society is structured to favor them, and they use the inequitable structure of society to socially advance by stepping on the heads and shoulders of "people of color" or "others." These others are unsuccessful because white men are stepping on their heads and shoulders to get ahead. Should we fix the inequitable structure of society, we will restore the natural equity of the world. In theory, those at the bottom will rise to the top, and those at the top will sink to a lower social status.

To the social justice scholar, racism, privilege, and cultural appropriation are based on a simple formula: racism, privilege, cultural appropriation equals prejudice plus power structure. Therefore, only those benefiting from societal power structure i.e., white men (and, to a lesser extent, those with any of the aforementioned demographic characteristics), are capable of having privilege, being racist, or appropriating culture.

By this logic, anything anti-white male is technically not racist, despite the overwhelming gut feeling many of us have while hearing and seeing anti-white rhetoric and actions. For example, Lebron James's recent diatribe against NFL owners: "In the NFL, they got a bunch of old white men owning teams and they got that slave mentality. And it's like, 'This is my team. You do what the [explicit] I tell y'all to do. Or we get rid of y'all." As racism is predicated on power structure, and white men are in power, as a black male, Lebron James and his comments are incapable of being considered racist.

To understand where this comes from, it is critical to examine the moral foundations of liberalism. The salient moral foundation of liberalism, in this case, is equity. Liberals believe that human beings are naturally equals, and liberals desire equitable outcomes in life. This is actually a noble belief. The inequalities that come to mind stem from slavery, racism, misogyny, and various phobias that we should all desire to eliminate.

Unfortunately, the moral foundation of equity has gone too far. It's no longer confined to the equal worth and dignity of human beings, but equity has permeated truth, knowledge, objectivity, facts, and order. Because we're all equals in life, culture, customs, traditions, and even laws exist not because there's meaning behind them; instead, they are exclusively predicated on the subjective opinions and experiences of others.

Full Story

#2 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:45 AM

View Postpepperonikkid, on 12 January 2019 - 09:50 AM, said:

According to social justice scholarship, society is an arbitrary social construct meaning that society is a complete nonsensical fabrication that is inequitably structured to favor white, male, able-bodied, cisgendered heterosexuals. The theory assumes that these people are successful in life because society is structured to favor them, and they use the inequitable structure of society to socially advance by stepping on the heads and shoulders of "people of color" or "others." These others are unsuccessful because white men are stepping on their heads and shoulders to get ahead.

If that's the case, how does "social justice scholarship" explain the lack of success in countries where white, male, able-bodied, cisgendered heterosexuals are virtually non-existent? Just about any country in central Africa, for example. The blacks there should be thriving with no white, male, able-bodied, cisgendered heterosexuals to keep them down.

#3 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:20 AM

View PostNatural Selection, on 12 January 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

If that's the case, how does "social justice scholarship" explain the lack of success in countries where white, male, able-bodied, cisgendered heterosexuals are virtually non-existent? Just about any country in central Africa, for example. The blacks there should be thriving with no white, male, able-bodied, cisgendered heterosexuals to keep them down.

Im sure they have a ready explanation for it, that begins along the lines of 300 years ago colonialist whites came to our shores...

And then they dont go through the history of what happened and what the state of things is today and whos been calling the shots at each stage.

#4 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:27 AM

View Postzurg, on 12 January 2019 - 11:20 AM, said:

Im sure they have a ready explanation for it, that begins along the lines of 300 years ago colonialist whites came to our shores...

And then they dont go through the history of what happened and what the state of things is today and whos been calling the shots at each stage.

Yep. I've heard that BS "centuries ago" theory from my uber progressive family members. As you said, they failed to connect the dots. They desperately want to blame White people but they haven't quite figured out how.

#5 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:32 AM

By this logic, anything anti-white male is technically not racist, despite the overwhelming gut feeling many of us have while hearing and seeing anti-white rhetoric and actions. For example, Lebron James's recent diatribe against NFL owners: "In the NFL, they got a bunch of old white men owning teams and they got that slave mentality. And it's like, 'This is my team. You do what the [explicit] I tell y'all to do. Or we get rid of y'all." As racism is predicated on power structure, and white men are in power, as a black male, Lebron James and his comments are incapable of being considered racist.

Sheesh, Lebron James is a moron. It has nothing to do with race or racism (or sex or sexism or any other "ism"). It's just the standard employer-employee relationship, regardless of anybody's skin color (or gender). You do it the way the owner of the business dictates, or you get fired. When I was tending bar in Seattle, one of the places I worked was owned by a Chinese lady. Got that? A white male working for a non-white female. And if I had refused to tend that bar the way she told me to tend that bar, I would've been fired. Simple as that.

What makes Lebron James think it should be any different between football team owners and their employees?

:rolleyes:

#6 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 14 January 2019 - 12:39 PM

View PostNatural Selection, on 12 January 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

Or how about the following:

Many parts of Asia, in a number of places Caucasian is non existent much less some have never even seen a non Asian.
Many places in the Middle East, much the same.

People need to get it into their heads that not all cultures are equal.
When one that is much younger than the other sees it's people enjoying a much better/higher standard of living and the younger culture is much more advanced then that says clearly the other culture has not achieved this due to something at it's core, a belief system, an in ability to move forward etc. In short a reason at the heart of it's civilization.

History is full of examples of this.

Oki

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users