RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Is there a fine line between disrespect and blasphemy? - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is there a fine line between disrespect and blasphemy? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Diamond369 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 01 December 2016 - 06:04 PM

In the past I posted videos about young women twerking on graves and secular music in the churches. I personally found them distasteful, but there was a point in posting the videos. The point is, is there a fine line between what is just distasteful and disrespectful and what is downright blasphemous? I am watching a video from a Community Church on vimeo in which young girls were dancing to Beyonce's "Single Ladies". I am not joking people. I have my own opinions on using secular music in the churches. I personally believe that there is a time and place for everything. I remember churches playing Michael Jackson, the Temptations, and R. Kelly and thinking, what is going on. So I wonder if there is that fine line or is anything that is disrespectful automatically blasphemous?

This post has been edited by Diamond369: 01 December 2016 - 06:11 PM

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 01 December 2016 - 06:08 PM

I think that's a very good question. I'm not qualified to answer, but I'll be very interested in reading responses by those more versed than I in church doctrine.

B)

#3 User is offline   lyria 

• Account not in use
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:55 PM

Well..... cemeteries are not exclusively for mourning. There used to be a Victorian tradition of picnics in the cemetery, for instance. They were our first public parks. I enjoy walking in cemeteries and like to look at the architecture and tombstone styles. There is a famous cemetery in DC - Congressional Cemetery - that is popular for jogging and dogwalking. And of course, they've been hangouts for the goth crowd since there was a goth crowd. I'm sure there's been more than a few viginities lost in cemeteries too. So, while I don't think twerking on a gravestone is appropriate, I'm not going to get worked up about it. There is a lot of question of intent here. Is it personal to the people buried and their families, or is it just the setting.

(Unless it's Arlington, because that is a special place, or the grave of someone newly dead because the emotions tied to it are too raw.)

I'm probably the wrong person to talk about blasphemy anyway. You have to believe in something to blaspheme it.

#4 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:43 PM

I hope others do respond, Diamond. I too, am interested in reading more on this.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users