RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Trump Goes Off On Acosta, Who Refused To Hand Mic - RightNation.US

Trump Goes Off On Acosta, Who Refused To Hand Mic To Female Staffer Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 07 November 2018 - 02:33 PM

Trump Goes Off On Acosta, Who Refused To Hand Mic To Female Staffer

The Daily Caller
1:28 PM 11/07/2018 | Politics
Benny Johnson | Reporter At Large

excerpt:

The tense relationship between CNN’s Jim Acosta and President Donald Trump reached a new level Wednesday in the president’s news conference after the 2018 midterms.

The often combative Acosta refused to give up the microphone after asking the president multiple questions and being told to sit down. A female White House staffer even attempted to pry the microphone away from Acosta, but he held onto it. The action drew Trump’s ire and the president went on a tirade about CNN and Acosta.

Acosta initially asked to “challenge” Trump on “the statements that you made at the tail end of the campaign in the midterms.”

Trump said, “Here we go.”

Acosta asked about Trump calling the migrant caravan an “invasion.”

Trump said, “I consider it to be an invasion.”

Acosta rebutted, “As you know, Mr. President, the caravan was not an invasion. It’s a group of migrants moving up from Central America towards the border with the U.S. … Why did you characterize that as such?”

“Because I consider it an invasion. You and I have a difference of opinion,” Trump said calmly.

“Do you think you demonized immigrants?” Acosta replied.

Trump said bluntly, “No, I want them to come into the country. But they have to come in legally. They have to come in, Jim, through a process. I want it to be a process. And I want people to come in. And we need the people.”

At that point, Acosta interrupted again and Trump cut him off. “Wait, wait. You know why we need the people? Because we have hundreds of companies moving in. We need to people.”

Acosta then challenged an ad the Trump campaign released featuring migrants climbing over gates and walls. “They were not actors,” Trump said, “They didn’t come from Hollywood.”

Acosta shot back again, “They are hundreds of miles away. That is not an invasion.”

Trump, showing frustration, raised his tone at Acosta, “Honestly I think that you should let me run the country. You run CNN. And if you did it well, your ratings would be much higher.”

Acosta asked for another question but Trump said, “That’s enough.”

At that point, a White House staffer attempted to grab the microphone, but Acosta held onto the mic and would not let her take it from him.

The staffer eventually relented as Acosta yelled about the Russia investigation.

*snip*

LINK

Princess Acosta needs to go. :smoker:

#2 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery

Posted 07 November 2018 - 02:48 PM

And CNN is treating it as if Trump just fired up the Reich and shut down the "free press". :rolleyes:

And of course @ NBC Acosta is a victim:
BREAKING: White House aide grabs and tries to physically remove a microphone from CNN Correspondent Jim Acosta during a contentious exchange with President Trump at a news conference.

I wonder when he's going to press assault charges against her. :rolleyes: Would that even tarnish his belief in his own heroism?

Brave firefighter Jim Acosta vows to keep rushing into burning buildings in the name of Real News.

#3 User is offline   LongKnife 

• Don't start none, won't be none.
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 07 November 2018 - 02:48 PM

I watched it. Acosta is a jackass.

#4 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!
  • Group: Gold

Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:06 PM

View Postgrimreefer, on 07 November 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

And CNN is treating it as if Trump just fired up the Reich and shut down the "free press". :rolleyes:

And of course @ NBC Acosta is a victim:
BREAKING: White House aide grabs and tries to physically remove a microphone from CNN Correspondent Jim Acosta during a contentious exchange with President Trump at a news conference.

I wonder when he's going to press assault charges against her. :rolleyes: Would that even tarnish his belief in his own heroism?

Brave firefighter Jim Acosta vows to keep rushing into burning buildings in the name of Real News.

This is not Jim Acosta...

http://i.postimg.cc/rF4kzZfW/IMG-0214.jpg

#5 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:30 PM

Jimmy's such a bitch...

This post has been edited by RedSoloCup: 07 November 2018 - 03:30 PM

#6 User is online   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:40 PM

I think it’s time they yanked his creds.

Sam Donaldson had a contentious relationship with Reagan, but he was never a P3nisHead and you could tell he still respected the Prez.

#7 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:58 PM

Headline: Acosta Belittles And Assaults Female White House Staffer.

#8 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 07 November 2018 - 04:59 PM

Zucker said that CNN needs viewers, so Acosta has permanent marching orders to be the largest douche on the planet so that he can get viewers who share their TrumpHate.

#9 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 07 November 2018 - 05:51 PM

View PostBuckwheat Jones, on 07 November 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

Sam Donaldson had a contentious relationship with Reagan, but he was never a P3nisHead and you could tell he still respected the Prez.

:yeahthat:

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 07 November 2018 - 04:59 PM, said:

Zucker said that CNN needs viewers, so Acosta has permanent marching orders to be the largest douche on the planet so that he can get viewers who share their TrumpHate.

:thumbsup:

#10 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon

Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:20 PM

He had his ridiculous question answered and should have gave the other media parasites their chance to ask their ridiculous questions. But the guy isn’t really there to ask the President questions. Instead, his agenda is to get on a soapbox and deliver a lecture. But that’s not the purpose of a Presidential press conference. It’s not the Jim Acosta Show, which would have as anemic ratings as anything else in CNN. He should have been introduced to the door by burly male staffers, not one slender female one, and he should been introduced to said door head first.

#11 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:04 PM

Acosta is the perfect embodiment of the standard leftwing "journalist" - Worthless, dishonest, self-absorbed, childish.

:rolleyes:

#12 User is offline   GrimV 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 07 November 2018 - 10:08 PM

View PostBuckwheat Jones, on 07 November 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

White House suspends press pass of CNN’s Jim Acosta after testy exchange with Trump

#13 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 07 November 2018 - 11:11 PM

View PostGrimV, on 07 November 2018 - 10:08 PM, said:

:woohoo:

About damn time.

:yes:

#14 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 07 November 2018 - 11:18 PM

Wish they were more honest about the suspension. He didn't place his hands on the woman as they claim, he just didn't let go of the mic like the spoiled child that he is. He should have been suspended years ago because he can't control himself, does nothing but attack, and acts like a child. There's no reason to spin it as they had ample reason to suspend him already.

#15 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• View blog

Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:22 AM

View PostModerator T, on 07 November 2018 - 11:18 PM, said:

Wish they were more honest about the suspension. He didn't place his hands on the woman as they claim, he just didn't let go of the mic like the spoiled child that he is. He should have been suspended years ago because he can't control himself, does nothing but attack, and acts like a child. There's no reason to spin it as they had ample reason to suspend him already.

The video clearly shows him connecting with her forearm right at the elbow to keep her from taking the mic from him.

There can be no dispute about this because the view is very clear and there is nothing blocking it.

She tried 3 times to take the mic, and the third time she got a hold of it and he used his other arm to force hers away AFTER the President told him to sit down and they were moving on.

After the garbage the left stared with #MeToo, it's astonishing that no one is having a problem with this behavior.

#16 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:01 AM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 08 November 2018 - 02:22 AM, said:

The video clearly shows him connecting with her forearm right at the elbow to keep her from taking the mic from him.

There can be no dispute about this because the view is very clear and there is nothing blocking it.

She tried 3 times to take the mic, and the third time she got a hold of it and he used his other arm to force hers away AFTER the President told him to sit down and they were moving on.

After the garbage the left stared with #MeToo, it's astonishing that no one is having a problem with this behavior.

Moving your forearm around a little and not letting go of something isn't laying hands on someone. The guy's a jerkwad and he doesn't deserve to be there, but come on. They make it sound like he beat up some defenseless damsel. They should have used the ample reasons they already had.

#17 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• View blog

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:18 AM

View PostModerator T, on 08 November 2018 - 03:01 AM, said:

Moving your forearm around a little and not letting go of something isn't laying hands on someone. The guy's a jerkwad and he doesn't deserve to be there, but come on. They make it sound like he beat up some defenseless damsel. They should have used the ample reasons they already had.

Women can claim abuse if someone looks at them funny. Why is this different when he DID make physical contact with her to push her away when HE was out of line?

The fact that he pushed a woman away when HE was in the wrong is unacceptable and in this day and age of women being so fragile and delicate that you have to believe their lies lest you damage their psyches, why should this young woman NOT get the same outrage at the way she was handled?

He's a jerk and he should have been kicked out for being a disrespectful puke long before now, however, the simple fact remains that he was aggressive and he made physical contact, however slight you deem it.

#18 User is offline   Oathtaker 

• <no title>
  • Group: Silver

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:18 AM

Knee to the giblets, then a knee to the center of the face while doubled over... bet he would’ve let go of the mike.

#19 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:12 AM

Princess Acosta's account:

“[The question] was about his racist ad on the caravan that they were running before the midterms. He and I were going back and forth there and as you can see in this video, this intern came up to me — they are describing her as an intern, I don’t really know who she is — and attempted to take the microphone away from me. All I can say at that point is that I was trying to hang onto the microphone, so I could continue to ask the president questions,” he went on.

“Obviously I didn’t put my hands on her or touch her as they are alleging. And it’s just unfortunate that the White House is saying this. You know, we all try to be professionals over there. I think I handled myself professionally and I appreciate all the comments from my colleagues,” Acosta continued. “I do think, Anderson, that this is a test for all of us. I do think they are trying to shut us down to some extent inside the White House press corps, and to some extent I think they’re trying to send a message to our colleagues.”

Problem for Princess is... there is video available and he clearly does use his left hand to try and block her. It becomes really clear in slow-mo and zoomed.

The rest of his response is just so much pontificating to rally the troops to "defend his honor". :rolleyes: A typical malignant narcissist's strategy.

#20 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:29 AM

View Postgrimreefer, on 08 November 2018 - 07:12 AM, said:

Princess Acosta's account:

“[The question] was about his racist ad on the caravan that they were running before the midterms. He and I were going back and forth there and as you can see in this video, this intern came up to me — they are describing her as an intern, I don’t really know who she is — and attempted to take the microphone away from me. All I can say at that point is that I was trying to hang onto the microphone, so I could continue to ask the president questions,” he went on.

“Obviously I didn’t put my hands on her or touch her as they are alleging. And it’s just unfortunate that the White House is saying this. You know, we all try to be professionals over there. I think I handled myself professionally and I appreciate all the comments from my colleagues,” Acosta continued. “I do think, Anderson, that this is a test for all of us. I do think they are trying to shut us down to some extent inside the White House press corps, and to some extent I think they’re trying to send a message to our colleagues.”

Problem for Princess is... there is video available and he clearly does use his left hand to try and block her. It becomes really clear in slow-mo and zoomed.

The rest of his response is just so much pontificating to rally the troops to "defend his honor". :rolleyes: A typical malignant narcissist's strategy.

Typical leftist tool.

First, his questions were moronic and posed in a completely disrespectful and slanted manner with an "I dare you to disagree with me" tone of superiority that only a leftist can muster. You know the one? The one that says, "I just can't believe how smart I am" while everyone else knows you are a moron.

Then, he refuses to give up the mic when the President won't answer the way he wants him to answer. Then he pushes the intern out of the way while he continues to interrupt and blabber on and on.

Now, he is a "victim." That is SOOOO original.

Bottom line is yes, we have a free press. Doesn't mean we have grant access to <censored>s provide them a bully a pulpit for their slanted reporting. We are a free people, as well. Even the President.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users