RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Smell Like a Commander - RightNation.US

Smell Like a Commander Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:59 PM

View PostWag-a-Muffin (D), on 05 December 2017 - 06:42 AM, said:

After re-reading the initial post I realized your problem, Monty. Here is the quote:

BEARGLOVE IS THE FRESH, CONFIDENT SCENT THAT DEMANDS RESPECT AND THEN EATS IT

The reason your girlfriend's body wash didn't work was that you used it topically. I think (if I read it right) you're supposed to ingest it?

D'oh!

:doh:

#22 User is offline   Martin 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:21 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 05 December 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

But, c'mon, be a Real ManTM: 5 parts congealed bacon grease or other fat, 2 parts lye, heat it until it melts then turn off the heat, stir it around along with 1 part separated milk solids to help it harden as it cools.

When my mother would buy a side of beef or a hindquarter, she would ask the butcher for the fat he trimmed off. Then, she would mix it with lye to make lye soap, sometimes adding oil of citronella. It was pretty good soap although since she molded it in plastic tubs each bar had an irregular shape.

#23 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:31 PM

#24 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:40 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 05 December 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

Lifebuoy, Camay, Shield, were popular in the states. Knight's Castile was around too, but as I recall it was 'special' for people with allergies or something.

I've heard of Coal Tar soap but have never seen it or used it.

But, c'mon, be a Real ManTM: 5 parts congealed bacon grease or other fat, 2 parts lye, heat it until it melts then turn off the heat, stir it around along with 1 part separated milk solids to help it harden as it cools.

Coal Tar is still popular in the UK, I occasionally use it. Quite a strong medicinal smell. But good, strong stuff. In fact, its Wright's I use. Tends to be sold as 'traditional soap', as its been used since the Victorian era.

#25 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:51 PM

View PostCoach, on 05 December 2017 - 12:00 PM, said:

My Mom saved her grease for my Grandmother who made her own laundry soap. It would totally cleanse. Lava was good too and really stimulated the skin. Today's metro sexuals couldn't endure either. I see very few masculine men in commercials any more. The neutering of American men forges on.

You mean to tell me Lava isn't meant as a body or face soap? But, truth be told there have been times where after working on a car or multiple cars all day I ended up using it as one(face and body soap). Coarse I am known to mess with the Metrosexuals heads at grocery stores and rub my hands or face with pineapples.

Let's see... ah yes a real mans guide to basic personal hygiene.

WD-40 also doubles as spray on deodorant..
Lava Soap, all you need cleanses both the face and body(as I said there have been a few times).
Laundry Detergent makes great shampoo.
Motor Oil is outstanding skin moisturizer.
Dremmel/Rotary tools are fantastic for not only manicures but also pedicures(it's true try it).
Hand Held electric sanders are outstanding in getting dead skin of your heals(just be careful, but it does work).
Heat Guns are amazing hair dryers, just be careful with that one...

Oki

#26 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:57 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 05 December 2017 - 01:31 PM, said:

But nothing beats Granny's Homemade Lye Soap....
https://www.youtube....h?v=W3yJlk_rjS4

Oki

#27 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 05 December 2017 - 03:36 PM

View Postscotsman, on 05 December 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

Coal Tar is still popular in the UK, I occasionally use it. Quite a strong medicinal smell. But good, strong stuff. In fact, its Wright's I use. Tends to be sold as 'traditional soap', as its been used since the Victorian era.

Hollywood told me that everyone was dirty continuously in that era and before, except for the fair maidens who took baths by the river while the horses drank.

#28 User is offline   SARGE 

• <no title>

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:07 PM

[quote name='Coach' timestamp='1512493202' post='685467734']
My Mom saved her grease for my Grandmother who made her own laundry soap. It would totally cleanse. Lava was good too and really stimulated the skin. Today's metro sexuals couldn't endure either. I see very few masculine men in commercials any more. The neutering of American men forges on.
[/quote}

Stimulated? It removed it!

If I used a curse word, blasphemous word, or racial slur the taste and gritty after-taste of Lava was the consequence.

Lava=pumice.

#29 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:23 PM

View PostSARGE, on 05 December 2017 - 04:07 PM, said:

Stimulated? It removed it!

If I used a curse word, blasphemous word, or racial slur the taste and gritty after-taste of Lava was the consequence.

Lava=pumice.

I used to keep Lava around; there are times you really need to S-c-r-u-b. These days, GoJo as the solvent and a brillo pad if I really need to "scrub".

Mouthful of soap? Such as saying out loud what P.o.n.t.i.a.c stands for? (12 or 13 yo at the time). It was either Ivory or Dove, can't recall. ONE of those two was notorius for leaving film on bathtubs in the '70s, and it was that one. And of course, it was my "chore" to clean it. F###in' A, man.

TRUE STORY: Early '70s, for whatever reason Ivory soap bars were popular for carving in Art class. I carved a handgun, and then got 'extra credit' for doing a "show and tell" about how John Dillinger once escaped from a local jail by doing the same thing.

THOSE WERE THE DAYS, when kids were rewarded for knowing local history, and being creative, and such.

THESE DAYS? Such a kid would probably put every school in Morgan County Indiana and 3 counties around into "lockdown".

Mooresville, Indiana. Home of John Dillinger. And "Arnold the Pig" from Green Acres.

Flickr: John Dillinger's Boyhood Home: 456 Northridge Drive Mooresville, IN

#30 User is offline   Coach 

• Coach

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:29 PM

So many wonderful things today's kids will never experience or even know about.

#31 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• I'm dethpicable

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:11 PM

Ever try Fels Naptha? That'll give ya a scrubbin'! Used it (still do) when exposed to poison ivy.

#32 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• I'm dethpicable

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:13 PM

View Postoki, on 05 December 2017 - 01:51 PM, said:

Laundry Detergent makes great shampoo.

Back in grad school, laundry detergent was for laundry, hair, dishes...

#33 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:14 AM

View PostHowsithangin, on 05 December 2017 - 10:13 PM, said:

Back in grad school, laundry detergent was for laundry, hair, dishes...

No wonder everything tasted like Tide..
True story, years back when I was in Basic(Army) one of the guys ran out of soap and just said hell with it and used some tied until he was able to get to the exchange and pick some up.

Oki

#34 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:18 AM

View PostHowsithangin, on 05 December 2017 - 10:11 PM, said:

Ever try Fels Naptha? That'll give ya a scrubbin'! Used it (still do) when exposed to poison ivy.

One of my favorite tricks for getting tough stains out of clothing is the following:
Lava Soap, scrub brush, scalding hot water.
Rub the brush against the Lava Soap as to fill the bristles, then get the bristles wet with the scalding water and scrub away.
Coarse, due to the scalding water some caution is recommended. I discovered this trick when I was working on the P trap of the shower and ended up spraying putrid water on some laundry and had to get some stains out some clothes. Goop hand cleaner is also real useful with this trick as well.
Also, this works for getting a lot counter, floor and carpet type stains out as well. To the best of my knowledge neither Lava or Goop hand cleaner will stain or discolor stuff, at least if you rinse it out right away.

Oki

#35 User is offline   Coach 

• Coach

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:10 AM

When I worked for my Dad on the cable tool drilling rig he washed his work clothes by setting a five gallon bucket filled with water and Tide soap on the edge of the forge. He would put his dirties in, bring it to a boil and then use a stick to agitate the soap, water and clothes to pound out the grease and oil. Worked fine.

I have cleaned up at quitting time using gasoline to remove grease from my hands and arms nearly every day.

#36 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:28 AM

Thereís a barn / store on a dirt road in north eastern PA, where they make and sell all natural soaps. Ever since I tried them, I have used nothing else.
Itís call Sea Hag Soaps.
I canít stand the regular, supermarket brands.

#37 User is offline   Liz 

• 1.4% Neanderthal
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:22 PM

View PostLadybird, on 06 December 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

Thereís a barn / store on a dirt road in north eastern PA, where they make and sell all natural soaps. Ever since I tried them, I have used nothing else.
Itís call Sea Hag Soaps.
I canít stand the regular, supermarket brands.

I had never heard of it but apparently, it's very popular. Even Amazon sells some of their products. I would try it but it appears that they don't sell liquid soap, only bars. I prefer the liquid because it's less wasteful and I absolutely hate chasing after those tiny soap slivers.

#38 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:36 PM

View PostLiz, on 06 December 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

I had never heard of it but apparently, it's very popular. Even Amazon sells some of their products. I would try it but it appears that they don't sell liquid soap, only bars. I prefer the liquid because it's less wasteful and I absolutely hate chasing after those tiny soap slivers.

I was never a fan of liquid soap, but will use it in a pinch.

This place is about 25 minutes from Binghamton, NY. They have chickens wandering out front, one of those sleepy cats inside, and a dog that greets you when you open the door. The cell phone service is sparse to non existent. I go a few times a year and stock up on soap and honey.

#39 User is offline   Liz 

• 1.4% Neanderthal
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:18 PM

View PostLadybird, on 06 December 2017 - 03:36 PM, said:

I was never a fan of liquid soap, but will use it in a pinch.

This place is about 25 minutes from Binghamton, NY. They have chickens wandering out front, one of those sleepy cats inside, and a dog that greets you when you open the door. The cell phone service is sparse to non existent. I go a few times a year and stock up on soap and honey.

It sounds like a fun place to visit for the atmosphere and the products but as 25 minutes from Binghamton is hundreds of miles from here, I probably won't get there.

#40 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

• Tiki Barbie
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:51 AM

This Old Spice 'commander' is sure to smell better than the Johnson's Baby Powder and Pampers this person uses.
Attached File  20170526_pjboy.jpg (24.76K)
Number of downloads: 2

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users